Andrew Norwell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Norwell

I keep reading that we're going to get Andrew Norwell.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018...ld-prediction/

This would be an absolutely epic signing is this guy is already a first team all pro at age 26 and is healthy. Admittedly we need serious help at tackle, but getting this guy in there would be a big time addition. We could then target a top tackle in the second or third round, re-sign Pugh, and we'd be in pretty good shape at O line going forward.

Thoughts?

If we sign this guy, we are not signing Pugh

I would be perfectly fine with that

Comment

I would offer him a top $ contract well before Mr Pugh. He's be among my top OL targets this offseason.

Comment

IT would be nice to be able to pay him and a get Glenn in a trade.
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
          IT would be nice to be able to pay him and a get Glenn in a trade.
          What would we have to give up to get Glenn?

When you're 3-13, giving up high picks is usually not the best idea. It's not like we are in a position to say that all we need to do is fix the line and all of a sudden we're a contender. Great teams that just have a bad line (like the Seahawks) don't go 3-13.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

What would we have to give up to get Glenn?

When you're 3-13, giving up high picks is usually not the best idea. It's not like we are in a position to say that all we need to do is fix the line and all of a sudden we're a contender. Great teams that just have a bad line (like the Seahawks) don't go 3-13.
            The trade is laid out here.

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...atest-cbs-mock
            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
              I wouldn't give away a lot for Glenn. Zero pro bowls and injury issues. Good player but he's not some elite stud. Not a guy I'd give away Eli's replacement for personally, even though I get we'd be getting more than just Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

I wouldn't give away a lot for Glenn. Zero pro bowls and injury issues. Good player but he's not some elite stud. Not a guy I'd give away Eli's replacement for personally, even though I get we'd be getting more than just Glenn.
                i stated why i liked the trade.

Comment

BTW-He has to want to sign here too. There are two sides to the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                    I would offer him a top $ contract well before Mr Pugh. He's be among my top OL targets this offseason.
                    Mr Pugh is probably still celebrating the Eagle SB win so maybe he can get a back up job with them
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Sign Norwell, let Pugh walk, and then draft linemen in the third and fourth rounds.

First round we take a QB and second round we need a RB. Unfortunately the RB crop dries up after the mid late 2nd round. If we wait beyond the 2nd round for a RB we'll end up with another Darkwa or Gallman type, which we obviously don't need. We need somoene like Guice, Chubb, Michel, or Ronald Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Mr Pugh is probably still celebrating the Eagle SB win so maybe he can get a back up job with them
                        All joking aside I believe this... His whole family are Eagle fans, he himself is an Eagles fan. Wouldn’t put it past him that he was there incognito with a Mike Golic jersey on and a philly cheesecake in his hand cheering and celebrating.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

All joking aside I believe this... His whole family are Eagle fans, he himself is an Eagles fan. Wouldn’t put it past him that he was there incognito with a Mike Golic jersey on and a philly cheesecake in his hand cheering and celebrating.
                          I don't have a huge problem if he wanted the Eagles to beat the Pats. Would you like him more if he were rooting hard for Brady and Bellichick to get number 6?

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

im sure he would love that. lol its probably his dream. im aso fine with replacing him with norwell. but letting him walk and not bringing in someone like norwell i wouldnt like that.

Comment

The Pugh hate on this board is absolutely mind boggling.

Comment

Working...
                              X