Solder vs Norwell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

. I don't think we can draft Nelson at 2. I wanted Barkley in the first but I'm current leaning towards a QB. I believe that Eli can get it done with the right pieces but if we can get the next franchise QB with shurmur as HC then we have to set ourselves up.

If flowers flounders then I would try out Wheeler at LT and give him some help as well. Can't see us picking Nelson at #2 u less wr trade down.

​​​​​​
    We can draft Nelson if we want to, but who knows if we want to.... Im cool with Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Nelson, Mayfield, or Darnold at 2 overall.

So you want to start with Flowers at LT?? He wasnt the worst player on the line and he did play better than previously, but who knows he may fare better at RT.

Honestly i dont see Nelson getting out of the top 5
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Trade for Cordy Glenn, sign Norwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
        Wow no one picked Solder?
        As much as i dont want him, im suprised nobody picked him
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
          Trade for Cordy Glenn, sign Norwell.
          That fixes our tackles but don't think we have the cap space though.

Comment

That fixes our tackles but don't think we have the cap space though.
            That's why I say JaMarco Jones...leaves plenty of cap space for other positions.

Comment

I'll go with Nate I guess. I think we can solve our problems at guard without paying top dollar for Norwell. LTs are hard to come by so maybe its worth it pay Solder and hope he stays healthy. Having any sort of a reliable LT on this team will be a huge improvement. As for Flowers, he can either give a shot at RT or be a serviceable backup in his last year with us.

For Guards I would probably see what we could keep Fluker for. If its a John Jerry type deal you do it and keep him at RG. Then there are a plethora of guard and center options in this draft. With our draft position, we can have a shot at some quality guys in round 2-4.

Ideally, we could cut guys like marshall, jerry, and harris and then hope to get Eli to take a pay cut so we could also make a run at Jones who would be a great tackle for us

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

We can draft Nelson if we want to, but who knows if we want to.... Im cool with Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Nelson, Mayfield, or Darnold at 2 overall.

So you want to start with Flowers at LT?? He wasnt the worst player on the line and he did play better than previously, but who knows he may fare better at RT.

Honestly i dont see Nelson getting out of the top 5
                Nelson is going to be a dominant force from for the next 10 years but like rbs you can get really good ones in the 2 and 3rd rounds also. Which is why I would trade with Denver or Jets and see if we can pick up Nelson and get some extra picks.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingMonkey View Post

Ideally, we could cut guys like marshall, jerry, and harris and then hope to get Eli to take a pay cut so we could also make a run at Jones who would be a great tackle for us
                  I don't think you really need Eli to take a pay cut...Jones isn't projected any higher than the fifth round, so he won't be that expensive.
                  Last edited by Bronxpinstripes; 02-13-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Gonna be too expensive and going to force flowers to learn a new position and he's not good at picking up stuff lol
                    Who the hell cares about Flowers? He can either play RT or Guard, rot on the bench, or get the hell out of here!

Comment

I would sign Norwell over Pugh if i had to pay top money.

Comment

Jones looked pretty good in the Cotton Bowl in December...

Comment

In a bubble I take Norwell, James then Solder based on age and injury history. But it is going to be much harder to find a LT than anything else so Solder has to take priority, then James a RT then Norwell. Factor in price and it might shift to James, Solder then Norwell. We have options no matter what.

With Norwell we can grab an OG in the 2nd (or Nelson in the 1st), then maybe a Crosby type for RT later. This leaves Flowers at LT though unless Wheeler can beat him out.

With James we will probably have to go OG early with Nelson in 1st and then Hernandez, Wynn or Price after that as well. This again leaves Flowers/Wheeler on the left.

With Solder we have two options. Take two OGs early, move Flowers/Wheeler to RT. Or move Flowers to OG, take 1 OG early and 1 OT mid rounds to compete with Wheeler on for RT.

If we don't get Solder we have Flowers/Wheeler at LT which I'd be ok with if the rest of the line was greatly improved.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                            In a bubble I take Norwell, James then Solder based on age and injury history. But it is going to be much harder to find a LT than anything else so Solder has to take priority, then James a RT then Norwell. Factor in price and it might shift to James, Solder then Norwell. We have options no matter what.

With Norwell we can grab an OG in the 2nd (or Nelson in the 1st), then maybe a Crosby type for RT later. This leaves Flowers at LT though unless Wheeler can beat him out.

With James we will probably have to go OG early with Nelson in 1st and then Hernandez, Wynn or Price after that as well. This again leaves Flowers/Wheeler on the left.

With Solder we have two options. Take two OGs early, move Flowers/Wheeler to RT. Or move Flowers to OG, take 1 OG early and 1 OT mid rounds to compete with Wheeler on for RT.

If we don't get Solder we have Flowers/Wheeler at LT which I'd be ok with if the rest of the line was greatly improved.
                            I agree we need a LT. But any of the 3 would be an instant upgrade.
                            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
                              Who the hell cares about Flowers? He can either play RT or Guard, rot on the bench, or get the hell out of here!
                              Don't have the cap room to pay his salary and his replacement unless Wheeler steps up.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

With Norwell we can grab an OG in the 2nd (or Nelson in the 1st), then maybe a Crosby type for RT later.
                                I'd be cool with trading up from #34 to get Nelson, but it would definitely cost us a bit to get high enough to get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X