Solder vs Norwell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I'd be cool with trading up from #34 to get Nelson, but it would definitely cost us a bit to get high enough to get him.
    I doubt hes making it out of the top 5, dude is almost a flawless prospect
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post

I doubt hes making it out of the top 5, dude is almost a flawless prospect
      Well, then...I guess we're not getting him.

Comment

Well, then...I guess we're not getting him.
        Unless we draft him at 2
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Unless we draft him at 2
          Lol.

Comment

Lol.
            Its not my ideal 1st round choice, but it IS possible

Comment

Its not my ideal 1st round choice, but it IS possible
              So is a punter.

Comment

So is a punter.
                Is there some unknown punter in the draft who all of the analysts are calling arguably the best at his position of all time????

And has there EVER beenca punter taken in the 1st!?!?!?

Comment

Is there some unknown punter in the draft who all of the analysts are calling arguably the best at his position of all time????

Per Wikipedia...

"As a junior in 2002, he started all 13 games at left tackle and was a first-team All-Big Ten selection. He helped lead Iowa to their first Big Ten title in 12 years and their first undefeated conference season in eighty years. He also won the team's Hustle Award.

In 2003, he led Iowa to another ten-win season and was voted as Iowa's co-captain and co-MVP for the season. He was a first-team All-Big Ten selection for the second straight year and named the Big Ten Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year. He was recognized as a unanimous first-team All-American as a senior in 2003. He was awarded the 2003 Outland Trophy, making him the third lineman from Iowa to win the award (Alex Karras and Cal Jones being the other two). He was also a three-time academic All-Big Ten selection at Iowa.

Regarded as 'the best lineman to come out of college in years', he was selected with the second overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders. With a perfect 9.0 Draft Prospect Rating, the highest for any offensive lineman, he became the second offensive lineman in University of Iowa history to be drafted in the first round."

Who is this offensive line phenom? Robert Gallery.

Meanwhile...Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger were his draft-mates.

Comment

Per Wikipedia...

"As a junior in 2002, he started all 13 games at left tackle and was a first-team All-Big Ten selection. He helped lead Iowa to their first Big Ten title in 12 years and their first undefeated conference season in eighty years. He also won the team's Hustle Award.

In 2003, he led Iowa to another ten-win season and was voted as Iowa's co-captain and co-MVP for the season. He was a first-team All-Big Ten selection for the second straight year and named the Big Ten Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year. He was recognized as a unanimous first-team All-American as a senior in 2003. He was awarded the 2003 Outland Trophy, making him the third lineman from Iowa to win the award (Alex Karras and Cal Jones being the other two). He was also a three-time academic All-Big Ten selection at Iowa.

Regarded as 'the best lineman to come out of college in years', he was selected with the second overall pick in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Oakland Raiders. With a perfect 9.0 Draft Prospect Rating, the highest for any offensive lineman, he became the second offensive lineman in University of Iowa history to be drafted in the first round."

Who is this offensive line phenom? Robert Gallery.

Meanwhile...Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger were his draft-mates.
                    OK........ So whats your point?? There have been PLENTY of 1st round busts at every position

So youre comparing taking Nelson in the top 5 to taking a punter???

Comment

Following is an article by Peter King in Sports Illustrated extolling the virtues of this "can't-miss" offensive line prospect:

Except for the shoulder-length hair and the two small hoop rings that he wears on each ear, Iowa tackle Robert Gallery has all the makings of a throwback to the old NFL. He grew up on a 650-acre soybean and seed-corn farm outside Masonville, Iowa, working the fields from the time he was seven. "When you're raised like that," he says, "hard work's your living." He drives a brown 1984 Buick LeSabre Limited with some 126,00 miles on it. "Great car," he says. "It's me. I want to drive it till it dies." He latches on to the player he's blocking and pushes the guy downfield, often flattening him. And Gallery's not afraid to give his beaten defender a postplay jab in the gut, either.

Comment

OK........ So whats your point?? There have been PLENTY of 1st round busts at every position

So youre comparing taking Nelson in the top 5 to taking a punter???
                        Yes, taking a guard with a #2 overall pick at a point in time when you have a 37 year-old starting quarterback in a relatively steep decline is akin to drafting a punter in the first round. You can argue which one makes less sense, but...that's not really where I want to be.

Comment

Yes, taking a guard with a #2 overall pick at a point in time when you have a 37 year-old starting quarterback in a relatively steep decline is akin to drafting a punter in the first round. You can argue which one makes less sense, but...that's not really where I want to be.
                          So i guess you're 1 of those fans pigeonholed into the mindset that it HAS to be Rosen or Darnold???

Comment

So i guess you're 1 of those fans pigeonholed into the mindset that it HAS to be Rosen or Darnold???
                            No, Allen would be fine by me.

Comment

Raiders drafted Ray Guy #1 back in 73'. He's in the HOF. 3x SB champ.
                              Last edited by Parademon1; 02-16-2018, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Chad Forbes‏ @NFLDraftBites Feb 14

More
                                Spoke w/ Giants source on Andrew Norwell... Said Giants prepared make Norwell highest paid Guard NFL History. And if new Agent Drew Rosenhaus takes Norwell elsewhere (49ers) it would create friction in relationship. Assumes Panthers don't Tag Norwell... But Giants are SERIOUS.
                                Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

Comment

Working...
                                X