X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns Sign RB Carlos Hyde

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

More
    The #Browns are expected to sign former #49ers RB Carlos Hyde, source said. Hes getting a three-year deal worth more than $15M, including $6M in year 1.

What does this say about the #1 pick? About Barkley?
    Giants General Manager George Young recalls, "On his first day back, he wrote on our locker room chalkboard, 'The grass is greener, my butt. P. McConkey.' "

This kills my dream of trading with the Brown for the 4th pick.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Ohio State guy going home.. Browns are having some off-season..

Comment

maybe they don't take Barkley at #1??.. a Hyde/Duke Johnson duo doesn't sound that bad..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          maybe they don't take Barkley at #1??.. a Hyde/Duke Johnson duo doesn't sound that bad..
          Can't imagine they would draft Barkley now. Why would they sign Hyde if they were?

As I said, this hurts us. I could see them taking the QB at #1 then trading with us to move to #2 to take Barkley.
          Now that's out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Can't imagine they would draft Barkley now. Why would they sign Hyde if they were?

As I said, this hurts us. I could see them taking the QB at #1 then trading with us to move to #2 to take Barkley.
            Now that's out the window.
            Agreed, they're going either QB or Chubb at 1

Comment

Originally posted by infinite420 View Post

Agreed, they're going either QB or Chubb at 1
              It's not #1 I'm worried about. it's their next pick that effects us. I don't see Chubb because they just drafted an edge rusher at #1 last year. They WILL draft a QB at #1 (which one is anyone's guess). But if they wanted Barkley as well we would have been a perfect trading partner.
              Now I have no idea who we would trade with.

Comment

It's not #1 I'm worried about. it's their next pick that effects us. I don't see Chubb because they just drafted an edge rusher at #1 last year. They WILL draft a QB at #1 (which one is anyone's guess). But if they wanted Barkley as well we would have been a perfect trading partner.
                Now I have no idea who we would trade with.
                True, but the Bills need a quarterback badly and I could see the Broncos and the Jets still needing a quarterback even though they signed Keenum and Bridgewater, respectively, and dont forget the Cardinals..... And knowing the Browns they'll fudge that number one pick. My guess is they like Allen or Darnold, guys that need developing, and can do that w Tyrod there now...... But I think Rosen and Mayfield end up being the better pros, and the more coveted targets for those four teams
                Last edited by infinite420; 03-14-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Browns could trade the pick to a team who does want Barkley though..

Comment

It's possible the Colts can take Barkley. They cut Gore, even though Chubb has been projected to them. Another, team may trade up to get Barkley.

Comment

What this more likely means is, the Browns may like any of the top 4 QBs in the draft so will wait until the 4th pick to select...They will likely trade out of the
                      #1 spot to a team willing to give up the farm for Barkley and that team may have just signed a QB in free agency...Jets, Denver or the Colts (have not signed a QB) even. If Cleveland deals their pick and Barkley is gone, we have to trade back.

Comment

Originally posted by hungrrrry View Post
                        What this more likely means is, the Browns may like any of the top 4 QBs in the draft so will wait until the 4th pick to select...They will likely trade out of the
                        #1 spot to a team willing to give up the farm for Barkley and that team may have just signed a QB in free agency...Jets, Denver or the Colts (have not signed a QB) even. If Cleveland deals their pick and Barkley is gone, we have to trade back.
                        Cleveland is taking a QB at 1.

Comment

Originally posted by infinite420 View Post

True, but the Bills need a quarterback badly and I could see the Broncos and the Jets still needing a quarterback even though they signed Keenum and Bridgewater, respectively, and dont forget the Cardinals..... And knowing the Browns they'll fudge that number one pick. My guess is they like Allen or Darnold, guys that need developing, and can do that w Tyrod there now...... But I think Rosen and Mayfield end up being the better pros, and the more coveted targets for those four teams
                          I think the Cards, Jets, Broncos and Bills will ALL be in the market for a QB. I wouldn't be averse to trading with Denver or the Jets. But down to 12 is too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                            Browns could trade the pick to a team who does want Barkley though..
                            Doubt it. Those trades at the top are almost always made for QB's. No one is going to overpay for the ability to draft a RB.

Comment

I think the Cards, Jets, Broncos and Bills will ALL be in the market for a QB. I wouldn't be averse to trading with Denver or the Jets. But down to 12 is too far.
                              We have so many holes that getting two first-rounders and potentially two second-rounders for one pick sounds appealing to me......We could end up with 6 of the first 66 picks......How would you feel getting McGlinchey (12), Hernandez (22) and Guice/Michel (34) with our first three picks? And all for the same price as the #2 pick, combined? Id be ecstatic!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X