Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why ex-Cowboys WR Dez Bryant says he wants to play for the Giants

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Wide receiver Dez Bryant is out for revenge after being released by the Dallas Cowboys on Friday, and says he would welcome the chance to extract it with the Giants. an NFC East rival.

"The Giants got a hell of a defense, they're going to pay OBJ," Bryant told CBS Sports, via GiantsWire. "Playing with him, Sterling [Shepard] ... the tight end [Evan Engram], [Eli] Manning? Crazy. ... They draft [Penn State running back Saquan Barkley with the No. 2 overall pick]? That'd be crazy! You get to wear your nice winter coats on the streets of New York there."

Before being released, Bryant caught 69 passes for 838 yards and six touchdowns for the Cowboys in 2017, and has 531 receptions for 7,459 yards and 73 touchdowns while averaging 14 yards per catch in 113 career games.

If the Giants have any interest in signing Bryant, it's a move that Odell Beckham Jr. would welcome." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I just can't wrap my head around it.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Honestly........do you want a guy who wants to play as a "team"......or a guy hell bent on exacting revenge on his former employer? The later could work in our favor....but history has a way of repeating itself.....I can envision Dez blowing up on the bench, coaching staff, Eli....and taking it to the media. Do we want that? Do we need that? TIME TO TURN THIS SHIP AROUND!!

I for one say no thank you.....I may be wrong.....

Comment

He's as nuts as TO was at this point in his career...

Comment

He's right.

The Giants signing him? That'd be crazy!
          sigpic

Comment

hes on the decline and not worth as much as he'll get paid (by someone), + we're already set at WR position. I dont care how much hes motivated by "revenge", hes not good enough to make a difference anymore

Comment

The Cowboys didn't cut him because of his rants or because he's not good anymore. They cut him because he's no longer elite and not worth the elite money he was scheduled to make. He'll be a good number two receiver somewhere.....not with the Giants though,,,,they have bigger needs than at WR,

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post
                The Cowboys didn't cut him because of his rants or because he's not good anymore. They cut him because he's no longer elite and not worth the elite money he was scheduled to make. He'll be a good number two receiver somewhere.....not with the Giants though,,,,they have bigger needs than at WR,
                If he would possibly play for Marshall's money, and truly does have fire and revenge on his mind... I'd roll the dice on him.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

If he would possibly play for Marshall's money, and truly does have fire and revenge on his mind... I'd roll the dice on him.
                  Marshall money can be best used to sign someone at other positions of need. Or I think they may need more to sign their be dtaft picks due to cap issues

I just don't care see it as s a viable move
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Dez is still a good player if not elite. He's a big target and for the first time in his career he wouldn't be double teamed. He would make the team stronger and the locker room would be fine. Marshall had the same rep. Prescott wouldn't even throw at his #1 WR he is a checkdown king to Zeke and Witten. Dallas is going to miss Dez a lot. Dez is not getting a long term contract. 1 or 2 years and what 8 mil ? maybe less ? contract with incentives ? It's doable. BM basically brings the same player just a little further down the road for 5.3 mil.

IMO not necessary but I don't like turning away good football players. Just for a second close your eyes and picture OBJ,Dez, Shepard, and Engram. Now add Barkley and the big Guard with the 2nd rd pick. C'mon now honestly aren't you just giggling a little bit.

Comment

Dez is the last guy I want in this locker room... Was last year's dysfunction not enough for some of you?

Comment

PASS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post
                          Dez is the last guy I want in this locker room... Was last year's dysfunction not enough for some of you?
                          +1 Thank you for saving me the time!

Comment

Working...
                          X