Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Ray - Ereck Flowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shane Ray - Ereck Flowers

    The Broncos did not pick up the 5th year option on Shane Ray... their first round selection in the same class as Flowers. Clearly Flowers won't be on the Giants roster in 2019 either.

    So why not see if you can do a trade straight up for these players?

    They both need a change of scenery, go to a place where they can escape the scrutiny and pressure they are/were under with the team that drafted them. Taking a flier on Ray would not be a bad idea compared to trying to force/hope/pray Flowers can play RT or on the inside.


  • #2
    Makes perfect sense. I'm fine with anything of potential value they can get for Flowers. Unless that happens he has value here in that we don't have a RT. If we have someone better than Flowers be it Wheeler or someone YTBD then let that guy go beat him out in camp. I still would not rule out him being a serviceable RT. He's basically playing for his career at this point, at some point that might become a realization for him and wake him up. He was coached by Goober and staff most of his career, when he's eventually required to be here and pro coaches are working with him maybe it works out. I don't think that's likely, but my point is simply I'm not giving up on the guy unless its for something we can use or its by someone being better on the field. And sadly right now I'd rank him # 1 on our depth chart at RT for 2018. I liked what I saw from Wheeler in spurts, but he lacked strength. If he wants RT he better have added weight and gotten strong this offseason, RT is more of an anchor spot.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
      Makes perfect sense. I'm fine with anything of potential value they can get for Flowers. Unless that happens he has value here in that we don't have a RT. If we have someone better than Flowers be it Wheeler or someone YTBD then let that guy go beat him out in camp. I still would not rule out him being a serviceable RT. He's basically playing for his career at this point, at some point that might become a realization for him and wake him up. He was coached by Goober and staff most of his career, when he's eventually required to be here and pro coaches are working with him maybe it works out. I don't think that's likely, but my point is simply I'm not giving up on the guy unless its for something we can use or its by someone being better on the field. And sadly right now I'd rank him # 1 on our depth chart at RT for 2018. I liked what I saw from Wheeler in spurts, but he lacked strength. If he wants RT he better have added weight and gotten strong this offseason, RT is more of an anchor spot.
      I've said this before but I still can't figure out why Flowers didn't attend LeCharles Bentley's camp for O linemen, I know its by invitation only but I'm sure he could have gotten the invite if he wanted it...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

        I've said this before but I still can't figure out why Flowers didn't attend LeCharles Bentley's camp for O linemen, I know its by invitation only but I'm sure he could have gotten the invite if he wanted it...
        Well, it was stated here with reported references that Flowers didn't get a long with his fellow linemen except Hart. I remember Richburg wondering out loud why others wouldn't take advantage of these camps without specifically mentioning Flowers.

        Comment


        • #5
          I actually do think they need Flowers this year for RG or RT let him have a chance to win the job ...if he can't you cut him

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gints4Free View Post

            Well, it was stated here with reported references that Flowers didn't get a long with his fellow linemen except Hart. I remember Richburg wondering out loud why others wouldn't take advantage of these camps without specifically mentioning Flowers.
            the Bentley camp is by invitation only but I have no doubt that an invitation could be obtained if Flowers really wanted one, something is missing with Flowers and I don't know what it is and I don't mean talent...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

              the Bentley camp is by invitation only but I have no doubt that an invitation could be obtained if Flowers really wanted one, something is missing with Flowers and I don't know what it is and I don't mean talent...
              I think he getting an agent helps. It could have been he had a bunch of yes leaches attached to him. Having a voice that will look out for his best interests should and will have a positive impact on him.
              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

                the Bentley camp is by invitation only but I have no doubt that an invitation could be obtained if Flowers really wanted one, something is missing with Flowers and I don't know what it is and I don't mean talent...
                Attitude, which is also probably why he didn't get an invite.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TEM View Post

                  I think he getting an agent helps. It could have been he had a bunch of yes leaches attached to him. Having a voice that will look out for his best interests should and will have a positive impact on him.
                  apparently he is a young man who has been listening to the wrong people but now that he has a professional agent who is not his father things may get better for him...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

                    apparently he is a young man who has been listening to the wrong people but now that he has a professional agent who is not his father things may get better for him...
                    I hope you are right!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

                      I've said this before but I still can't figure out why Flowers didn't attend LeCharles Bentley's camp for O linemen, I know its by invitation only but I'm sure he could have gotten the invite if he wanted it...
                      Jist curious, can you name one player that has gone to the camp and dramatically improved their game?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NetSymptom View Post

                        Jist curious, can you name one player that has gone to the camp and dramatically improved their game?
                        Lane Johnson became AN all-pro. Our OWN John Jerry improved somewhat.
                        ★★★Mark Herzlich Crew★★★

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Giggling View Post
                          Lane Johnson became AN all-pro. Our OWN John Jerry improved somewhat.
                          Cool, didnít know lane went. I tried to look it up and kept coming up with guys that still werenít good.

                          i wonder what the improvement rate is

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

                            I've said this before but I still can't figure out why Flowers didn't attend LeCharles Bentley's camp for O linemen, I know its by invitation only but I'm sure he could have gotten the invite if he wanted it...
                            Kinda funny reading this article from a few years back. Two failed giants went there.

                            LeCharles Bentley still opens lanes http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ying-dividends
                            via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
                            [SIGPIC]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              As long you pay the fee for admission. Anyone can attend.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X