Shane Ray - Ereck Flowers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post
    The Broncos did not pick up the 5th year option on Shane Ray... their first round selection in the same class as Flowers. Clearly Flowers won't be on the Giants roster in 2019 either.

So why not see if you can do a trade straight up for these players?

They both need a change of scenery, go to a place where they can escape the scrutiny and pressure they are/were under with the team that drafted them. Taking a flier on Ray would not be a bad idea compared to trying to force/hope/pray Flowers can play RT or on the inside.
    That is actually a brilliant trade idea. Very comparable. You should tweet it to Broncos and Giants twitter accounts. Stranger things have happened. Aometimes social media produces results.

Flowers has burned more bries with his no show. The new GM and HC have offered “clean slates,” but unless you’re a star and not one of the GM’s picks, I’d redouble my efforts. He already has a bad reputation, and Gettleman’s stated goal was the revamp the Oline. Besides that directive, the draft brings in hungry young players looking to unseat the incumbent and win a starting job. It blows my mind that Flowers is acting like a starting job is his birthright and doesn’t have to continually earn it. I am thinking we’d be better off with Wheeler getting the starting right tackle job as he is oart of the future.

Flowera would get a freah start in Denver, and Shane Ray would fit nicely now in our defensive scheme.

Comment

This is lunacy. Why would the Broncos trade a good player for trash?

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
        ”He hasn’t fulfilled his perceived potential. He had all of 1 sack last year and the Broncos drafted Chubb. He won’t get much pkaying time and Denver did not excercise his 5th year option. It could be a win-win for bith clubs. The get an offensive linemen with talent just a bad attitude and we basicslly fet the same in a defensive player. He has probably no future in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
          While I agree it would certainly favor the Giants if this swap were to occur the Broncos OL is also very weak and they've been looking at scraps for years.

Plus Ray is going to walk next year with nothing in return. And he'll probably get little to no play time this year. Shaq Barrett will be taking over all his reps.

So why not? See if Flowers can help more than Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X