Wide Receiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Receiver

I looked at highlight reels of the 2 WRs we got from the UDFAs. 6-2 Davon Grayson looks like he could be our 3rd WR. He gets open, catches in traffic and makes decent moves after the catch.

Originally posted by mercurio View Post
    I looked at highlight reels of the 2 WRs we got from the UDFAs. 6-2 Davon Grayson looks like he could be our 3rd WR. He gets open, catches in traffic and makes decent moves after the catch.
    Well let's not forget they signed Cory Latimore ( spelling ) and still have Lewis ( which i think they should of got rid of & kept Travres King) and Travis Rudolph. Will have to see if Travis takes the next step. He had a lot of pressure in him last year with all the WRs getting hurt and him thrust into the for front.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

But i would love nothing more the this Grayson kid to bust on the scene like Cruz did. Good Problem to have
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Well let's not forget they signed Cory Latimore ( spelling ) and still have Lewis ( which i think they should of got rid of & kept Travres King) and Travis Rudolph. Will have to see if Travis takes the next step. He had a lot of pressure in him last year with all the WRs getting hurt and him thrust into the for front.
        Rudolph is a slot receiver. I don't see Shepard on the outside . Shepard or Rudolph lack speed or the high and strength to get outside separation or fight for the ball. Lewis show some promise last season . His route running has improved ( his biggest knock) He is fast. and has the ability to separate on the outside with the strength needed to get the ball. He runs a sub 4.5, Shepard lacks the high and strength to be an effective outside threat IMO: It is Lewis' job to lose.

Cody may be that #3 guy. He has high and speed. But there may be that Aha moment and revile way Denver did not trust him with the ball . Is it his route running? Is he a quitter on his routes? Is it his hands? The guy is 6-3 and runs a sub 4.4. So what is the deal with him?

IMO: No way Rudolph is getting the slot position from Sterling.
        Last edited by TEM; 05-07-2018, 07:56 AM.
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by mercurio View Post
          It's a long shot at best. There's a reason why he wasn't drafted. Highlight reels always look good.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Rudolph is a slot receiver. I don't see Shepard on the outside . Shepard or Rudolph lack speed or the high and strength to get outside separation or fight for the ball. Lewis show some promise last season . His route running has improved ( his biggest knock) He is fast. and has the ability to separate on the outside with the strength needed to get the ball. He runs a sub 4.5, Shepard lacks the high and strength to be an effective outside threat IMO: It is Lewis' job to lose.

Cody may be that #3 guy. He has high and speed. But there may be that Aha moment and revile way Denver did not trust him with the ball . Is it his route running? Is he a quitter on his routes? Is it his hands? The guy is 6-3 and runs a sub 4.4. So what is the deal with him?

IMO: No way Rudolph is getting the slot position from Sterling.
            I think i would agree with u there. Maybe Rudolph just makes the team as Shep's back up

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Grayson is listed at 172 lbs.
              Lewis is very good on special teams.
              Rudolph i be surprise if he makes the team.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post

It's a long shot at best. There's a reason why he wasn't drafted. Highlight reels always look good.
                I was looking at his abilities other than catching the ball. You don't see that in other WRs' highlight reels.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post

You would be surprised how many un drafted free agents on different teams around the league have turned into super stars.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

* Cody Latimer

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

* Cody Latimer
                      Thanks!!

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

You would be surprised how many un drafted free agents on different teams around the league have turned into super stars.
                        28% of NFL players are Undrafted. So, almost one third of the NFL is UDFAs.

Folks totally don't get how underrated it is to find good UDFAs. Basically all of the depth and special teams of the NFL as well as some starters and stars. Bill bellichick has commented on how important late round picks and UDFAs that fill a role are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

28% of NFL players are Undrafted. So, almost one third of the NFL is UDFAs.

Folks totally don't get how underrated it is to find good UDFAs. Basically all of the depth and special teams of the NFL as well as some starters and stars. Bill bellichick has commented on how important late round picks and UDFAs that fill a role are.
                          how about the fact that alone on our team we had offensive linemen who won rings who were undrafted free agents and I am sure there were others. wasn't one of the running backs in this years super bowl an undrafted free agent? I am sure if you dig deep you can find more? where did you get that 28% figure by the way? is that accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post

how about the fact that alone on our team we had offensive linemen who won rings who were undrafted free agents and I am sure there were others. wasn't one of the running backs in this years super bowl an undrafted free agent? I am sure if you dig deep you can find more? where did you get that 28% figure by the way? is that accurate?
                            http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201409070235

"Undrafted players are more prevalent on the NFL landscape than ever before. In 2012, there were 608 undrafted players who appeared on active rosters for at least one game, or nearly 30 percent of all players, according to Elias Sports Bureau. Last year, the number was even greater -- 638, or 31.4 percent of the league's 2,026 total players."
                            Last edited by bigpoppy; 05-10-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Eric Decker would be nice right now

Comment

Working...
                              X