Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Garcia OT Waived by Pats

Last year was Round 3 pick.

Blood clot issues. He says he cleared but Pats apparently failed him. I have no clue about his medical, but he’s worth at least looking into. If he can get cleared physically he’d be a young, relatively high pick to put into the competition for RT.

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post
    Last year was Round 3 pick.

Blood clot issues. He says he cleared but Pats apparently failed him. I have no clue about his medical, but he’s worth at least looking into. If he can get cleared physically he’d be a young, relatively high pick to put into the competition for RT.
    Late round 3 is NOT a relatively high pick. And if the Patriots don't want him, neither do I.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Late round 3 is NOT a relatively high pick. And if the Patriots don't want him, neither do I.
      So you'd ignore the waiver wire? This was the guys scouting report and he's never done anything wrong mind you, he had blood clots and there are several articles saying he has been cleared and ready to take the field. Our current RT competition is Ereck Flowers, Chad Wheeler, and Adam Bisnowaty.

Bottom line: Garcia’s footwork and length give him all the tools to be a great pass protector in the NFL. Garcia probably fits best in a heavy outside-zone scheme where he can play on the edge and not need to generate movement in the run-blocking game. Garcia struggled at the Senior Bowl playing in a 3-point stance and graded poor in run-blocking grades throughout his career at Troy. Garcia will need to develop physicality in the run game to be a starting NFL tackle. Playing in an “Air Raid” spread offense at Troy obviously means Garcia will undergo a learning curve in the NFL. Garcia’s physical tools and potential make him a nice prospect and he will probably be an early draftee and if he develops could see the field early in the NFL.

Comment

Sure why not take a flyer on him. Nothing to lise. Bring him in and let h compete in camp as long as doctors say he's okay to do so
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Could be low risk / high reward situation
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            Could be low risk / high reward situation
            Exactly, the bar at RT here is low. And he's gonna be looking for a chance. I don't know how waiver priority works, but we picked 2nd in the NFL draft and can't think of any claims we've put in so we should be high on the priority list.

Comment

Sounds like another JJ.

Comment

So you'd ignore the waiver wire? This was the guys scouting report and he's never done anything wrong mind you, he had blood clots and there are several articles saying he has been cleared and ready to take the field. Our current RT competition is Ereck Flowers, Chad Wheeler, and Adam Bisnowaty.

Bottom line: Garcia’s footwork and length give him all the tools to be a great pass protector in the NFL. Garcia probably fits best in a heavy outside-zone scheme where he can play on the edge and not need to generate movement in the run-blocking game. Garcia struggled at the Senior Bowl playing in a 3-point stance and graded poor in run-blocking grades throughout his career at Troy. Garcia will need to develop physicality in the run game to be a starting NFL tackle. Playing in an “Air Raid” spread offense at Troy obviously means Garcia will undergo a learning curve in the NFL. Garcia’s physical tools and potential make him a nice prospect and he will probably be an early draftee and if he develops could see the field early in the NFL.
                Where did I say I would ignore the waiver wire? I said ignore Garcia.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...cia?id=2557938

hi pad level, lunging... sounds like a skinny ereck flowers LOL

Comment

Where did I say I would ignore the waiver wire? I said ignore Garcia.
                    You said "And if the Patriots don't want him, neither do I". Obviously any player released is unwanted.

Comment

Certainly worth a shot in camp.

Comment

gotta fill the 90 man roster some how
                        "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

So you don't want Solder?

Comment

Exactly, the bar at RT here is low. And he's gonna be looking for a chance. I don't know how waiver priority works, but we picked 2nd in the NFL draft and can't think of any claims we've put in so we should be high on the priority list.
                            Browns 1st, Giants 2nd... etc

Comment

You said "And if the Patriots don't want him, neither do I". Obviously any player released is unwanted.
                              Yea, but I respect the Patriots talent evaluation better than any other team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X