No announcement yet.

Antonio Garcia OT Waived by Pats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And we need depth at OT regardless, if he's not a starter here he could be a guy who makes the roster. Flowers and Wheeler have LT experience, if Wheeler were to beat out Flowers at RT I don't see him being a content backup, we'd probably have to release him. That would leave us with nothing at OT behind Solder and Wheeler. We need bodies for the competition, I don't see many 23 year old Round 3s on the market. And again Im not promoting the guy as an answer, just worth looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

So you don't want Solder?
      Solder didn't get cut, did he? He is a proven top 10 NFL LT. And Garcia is what?

Just an awful response

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

Solder didn't get cut, did he? He is a proven top 10 NFL LT. And Garcia is what?

Just an awful response
        The Patriots let him walk. If they wanted him then he'd still be a Patriot.

So... do you want to rephrase your first post so that it reflects what you actually mean?

Comment

Yea, but I respect the Patriots talent evaluation better than any other team in the NFL.
          I respect the Pats as well, but they've been making some very odd decisons the last 2 years. They've jettisoned a ton of their key players. At any rate I'm sure Gettleman did work on Garcia prior to last years draft, will come down to if they had a grade on him.

Comment

Ironically, fans on the board would have been ecstatic if Jerry Reese had drafted Garcia in round 2 last year.
            Fans were screaming for an OT. Ah jerry could have real done it with that pick eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueTradeEli View Post

I respect the Pats as well, but they've been making some very odd decisons the last 2 years. They've jettisoned a ton of their key players. At any rate I'm sure Gettleman did work on Garcia prior to last years draft, will come down to if they had a grade on him.
              I respect their choices As well. But not playing Butler cost them a SB. They also have never been shy about parting ways with big name players Amendola, Soder, Welker and recently a RB Blound who scored 22TDs for them and helped them win a SB. They just go out find the cheaper option plug them in and make them the next stars

Here they possibly could be wrong so why not take a shot
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The Patriots let him walk. If they wanted him then he'd still be a Patriot.

So... do you want to rephrase your first post so that it reflects what you actually mean?
                They obviously like their OT trio of Waddle, Cannon, and Fleming. And the Giants had a trio of??????

You have to overpay when you have crap at OT. It has nothing to do with the Patriots not wanting Solder back.
                Last edited by moosedrool; 05-11-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

They are respected by many but possibly lost a SB by not playing Butler

They have no problem parting ways with fan favorites over the years and just replace them with cheaper ops and make them Stars

But they could be possibly wrong on this one so...
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

They are respected by many but possibly lost a SB by not playing Butler

They have no problem parting ways with fan favorites over the years and just replace them with cheaper ops and make them Stars

But they could be possibly wrong on this one so

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      Could be low risk / high reward situation
                      I agree. U gotta get 90 guys into pads for camp. I say bring him in.

Comment

I remember the Pats actually traded up a few picks in front of us to get Garcia in that draft. At that time in the draft the analysts were calling him the last good OT left in the round before the quality dropped off.

I believe he may have actually been our pick if he was still on the board, so definitely worth a flier as a developmental prospect to create more competition in camp.

Comment

They obviously like their OT trio of Waddle, Cannon, and Fleming. And the Giants had a trio of??????

You have to overpay when you have crap at OT. It has nothing to do with the Patriots not wanting Solder back.
                          huh?

The Patriots made a decision not to bring Solder back. Period. By your own words, "if the Patriots don't want him, neither do I" you submit that you don't want Solder either.

Or you could just revise your statement to read, "The Patriots don't want a guy I never heard of, so I assume he's not that good. Therefore I do not want him."

Comment

The pats are probably hoping he clears wavers and can IR him.

Comment

Flemming is a Cowboy now

Comment

huh?

The Patriots made a decision not to bring Solder back. Period. By your own words, "if the Patriots don't want him, neither do I" you submit that you don't want Solder either.

Or you could just revise your statement to read, "The Patriots don't want a guy I never heard of, so I assume he's not that good. Therefore I do not want him."
                                You are comparing a known player, a top 10 LT in the NFL, to a 3rd rounder OG who has done nothing.

I want a known quality LT, even if the patriots couldn't afford him.

I don't want a late 3rd round OG the Patriots don't want.

Do you get it now? Your play on words is hilarious. You need to do better next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X