Branden Albert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post
    You are concerned about JPPs age at 28 and durability stated that he has played 1 full season for 4 years. Branden Albert is 32 and has not played a full season since 2011. Why the discrepancy in your view point?
    First, you have to understand that I want JPP back. I dont think its wise to give him a long term deal (4-5 years). With Albert, you dont have to invest long term. You can give him a 1-2 year deal. The Giants are close and Elis window is closing so if you have to get a stop gap type player that can give you 1-2 years of solid play, I am all for that.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
      First, you have to understand that I want JPP back. I dont think its wise to give him a long term deal (4-5 years). With Albert, you dont have to invest long term. You can give him a 1-2 year deal. The Giants are close and Elis window is closing so if you have to get a stop gap type player that can give you 1-2 years of solid play, I am all for that.
      I am all for it if he can stay on the field. I think moving EF to the right side could help his confidence. Why spend on a LT when signing Martellus Bennett and putting him next to EF on the left side can help with 3 issues , Upgrades TE position, He is a good blocker and would help Flowers secure the blind side. He also adds veteran presence to the O-line and receivers. For 6-7 million a year , he will pay dividends. This is the guy the Giants should sign on the 8th.
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Well he wasn't cut after all lol

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          I agree, but if you want JPP it's going to be a 4-5 year deal. And it is a win now scenario. We have 2-3 years left and we need to make a SB run in 2017.

Comment

wtf

Apparently there's some team trying to trade for Albert. I live in South FL, and one of the beat writers for the Dolphins say DRC was a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
              I agree, but if you want JPP it's going to be a 4-5 year deal. And it is a win now scenario. We have 2-3 years left and we need to make a SB run in 2017.
              I agree that we will have to give JPP a long term deal. And that is why I think he will be elsewhere next season.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                wtf

Apparently there's some team trying to trade for Albert. I live in South FL, and one of the beat writers for the Dolphins say DRC was a possibility.
                was that the same beat writer who said DRC is on a bad, unattractive contract? cause i stopped reading his tweets when he said that

Comment

Originally posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
                  was that the same beat writer who said DRC is on a bad, unattractive contract? cause i stopped reading his tweets when he said that
                  Yeah. I had read earlier an article saying the Dolphins were going to be targeting a top CB. Then seeing the article stating Dolphins pulled back on waving Albert because 1 team had called them to talk about a potential trade.

I'm not one of the guys here who believes DRC is irreplaceable -- primarily because I think the Giants have concerns with him off-field and with injuries/age.

If they really like Albert I could see them potentially doing a DRC swap -- especially if they think they can plug him in at LT. He makes north of $10M I believe and DRC $8M -- think both may be on 1 year deals next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    He is definitely an upgrade ... when healthy
                    He's actually worse than flowers.
                    Allowed 39 pressures, right up there with flowers but is a terrible run blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                      Yeah. I had read earlier an article saying the Dolphins were going to be targeting a top CB. Then seeing the article stating Dolphins pulled back on waving Albert because 1 team had called them to talk about a potential trade.

I'm not one of the guys here who believes DRC is irreplaceable -- primarily because I think the Giants have concerns with him off-field and with injuries/age.

If they really like Albert I could see them potentially doing a DRC swap -- especially if they think they can plug him in at LT. He makes north of $10M I believe and DRC $8M -- think both may be on 1 year deals next year.
                      If DRC has to go for a tackle, I would rather we swap him for Joe Thomas.

Comment

If the Dolphins want DRC, they have to give picks.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                          He's actually worse than flowers.
                          Allowed 39 pressures, right up there with flowers but is a terrible run blocker.
                          He's not worse than Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            He's not worse than Flowers
                            Agree to disagree.. Because at least Flowers can run block this guy can't even do that and he's just a little bit better pass protector.

Comment

Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
                              If the Dolphins want DRC, they have to give picks.
                              Very difficult for me to value NFL players/trades -- just different from baseball/basketball but I was thinking --- if and only if Giants really like Albert.

Albert and Dolphins 4th rounder (in a very deep draft) for DRC?

Does that sound fair or horrible -- not sure.

Comment

Looks like the Jags may be a destination for him in a swap for Julius Thomas:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...133322754.html

Comment

Working...
                                X