Potential 'Band-Aid' fixes for problem spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential 'Band-Aid' fixes for problem spots

After the GREAT Brandon Marshall signing.... Somewhat bargain plug and play options below...

1. OL: hopefully we get an OL in rd 2 or 3... potential bargain at G = evan mathis (old but still solid)... potential bargain at T = Riley Reiff

2. TE: I am more of a fan of drafting a TE higher than value says we should (1st or 2nd round) for OJ Howard, Njoku and maybe a few others... yet a potential bargain = Jordan Cameron for cheap incentive based contract due to his concussion history

3. RB: I actually think perkins and vereen combo is enough.. PLEASE NO MORE DARKWA... yet a potential bargain = andre ellington (eh)

4. DT: WE NEED HANK BACK!!!! if we cant a potential bargain = Nick Fairley, Lawrence Guy

What do you all think
    Giants fan since 1992
    Season Ticket Holder Since 2014 (Section 148)

would nick fairley really be a bargain? he had a great season

Comment

Riley Reiff wouldn't be a bargain either

Comment

We dont NEED Hankins back. It would be nice of course, but Hankins isnt going to make or break this defense, ESP with Snacks here.

And yeah, Fairley and Reiff are going to get paid so idk about bargain - depends on what you think they're worth though and what they're going to get obvi.

i do like Lawrence Guy a lot. He was a rotational player in Balt, but he can get after the passer. He's the type of guy i could see the Giants taking a shot on.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
          Riley Reiff wouldn't be a bargain either
          Reiff is going to get less than most of the OTs probably. Somewhere around $8-$9mil a year. Not a bargain, but I hope we are interested.

Comment

I'm not sure what makes you think Fairley and Reiff are gonna be available as "bargains".

Comment

to address "bargain" terminology

my belief is that we can convince fairley to do one more 1 year-prove it deal as he has the past two seasons... and i predict reiffs contract will be lower than about 10 other FA OTs this spring
              Giants fan since 1992

Comment

Originally posted by WhereTrelAt View Post

my belief is that we can convince fairley to do one more 1 year-prove it deal as he has the past two seasons... and i predict reiffs contract will be lower than about 10 other FA OTs this spring
                "1 year prove it deal for Fairley"? "Reiff getting less money than 10 other FA OT's"? You're out of touch with reality. NFL Network has Reiffs as the 2nd best OT available in FA.
                Last edited by darrin99; 03-09-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                  "1 year prove it deal for Fairley"? "Reiffs getting less money than 10 other FA OT's"? You're out of touch with reality. NFL Network has Reiffs as the 2nd best OT available in FA.
                  maybe not 10... but in no particular order to name a few:

whitworth (signed)
                  okung
                  clady
                  vollmer
                  beachum
                  ricky wagner

however, this is not the conversation i wanted to have on this thread.. if you dont agree with signing reiff, who would you like as a cheap alternative to band-aid up the OL?
                  Giants fan since 1992

Comment

however, this is not the conversation i wanted to have on this thread.. if you dont agree with signing reiff, who would you like as a cheap alternative to band-aid up the OL?
                    I would love signing Reiff somehow. ...But it's not going to come cheap. It's gonna probably cost around $8-$10M per year.
                    Last edited by darrin99; 03-09-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

my belief is that we can convince fairley to do one more 1 year-prove it deal as he has the past two seasons...

Ian Rapoport‏Verified
                      @RapSheet

"The #Saints and star DT Nick Fairley are closing in on a big-money contract, sources say."

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                        Ian Rapoport‏Verified
                        @RapSheet

"The #Saints and star DT Nick Fairley are closing in on a big-money contract, sources say."
                        30 million for that band aid.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post
                          30 million for that band aid.
                          Reiff just got a big deal from the Vikngs too.

Comment

Then two of his other points drafting a TE maybe but signing a bargain TE.. How is this guy we got today for a Bargain? Lol

And he wants no part of Darkwa but the Giants re-signed him
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

and look where we are.........
                              Giants fan since 1992

Comment

Working...
                              X