Giants to meet with Geno Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
    Actually most do understand the basics at least any traditional pocket passers you'll gind, QBs come in much more ready these days buy regardless.. what does it matter? We've had only a rookie as our backup before you know, if Eli goes down were done no matter what so what does it matter? You think GENO SMITH will save a season?? Lol

You could try and apply that same statement to any position, do you just not like rookies or something? Lol should we just trade all our draft picks away?
    they could do both you know? sign Geno and draft someone. signing Geno Smith would not prevent the Giants from drafting someone.

Comment

Actually most do understand the basics at least any traditional pocket passers you'll gind, QBs come in much more ready these days buy regardless.. what does it matter? We've had only a rookie as our backup before you know, if Eli goes down were done no matter what so what does it matter? You think GENO SMITH will save a season?? Lol

You could try and apply that same statement to any position, do you just not like rookies or something? Lol should we just trade all our draft picks away?
      Not what I meant, or really the design of a backup QB

If Eli goes down for the season, we are done.
      If Eli get's dinged up, and we need a series or two, Gino has actual experience that has value.
      Maybe a game or two
      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
        they could do both you know? sign Geno and draft someone. signing Geno Smith would not prevent the Giants from drafting someone.
        If we cut him after training camp that's fine, I don't wanna spend 3 roster spots on QBs.. plus the way this QB market has been Geno will probably cost at least a couple mil, no thanks to that

Part of this is just the fact i HATE scrambling QBs, hate that play style and literally don't even want it anywhere on my roster, give me a tradional pocket passer.. plus with a late round rookie at least there's a 1 in 10000 chance he could develop into a starter one day to replace Eli, with Geno theres a 0% chance
        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
          Not what I meant, or really the design of a backup QB

If Eli goes down for the season, we are done.
          If Eli get's dinged up, and we need a series or two, Gino has actual experience that has value.
          Maybe a game or two
          Ah i get what you're saying but.. I don't think Geno could run OUR offense much better than a rookie frankly, plus I'd like at least a shred of POTENTIAL behind Eli, give me a lottery ticket over Geno.. but again, I have a HUGE bias against scrambling QBs

Comment

Geno's interceptions exceeds his TDs.

Comment

I'd take him as a back up, not like he would get much playing time anyway Eli Is an Iron man like Cal Ripken, and who knows may be its more of the case that the Jets Stink not Geno?
              being from Western Maryland I got to see Geno play a lot in West Virginia he looked pretty good in College!
              Last edited by Donnie Yen; 03-11-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Then why even have a backup? If you have a rookie 7th rounder as a back up, the season is over if the starter gets hurt.
                I want a guy who can come in and manage an NFL offense if he has to. And I want him to have done it in the past.
                If you have a "win now" team, that is what you need. Geno, for all his problems, fits that bill perfectly.
                The season is over if Eli goes down and Geno Smith is not going to do jack about it much like a 7th rounder QB. Again, your expectations of Geno Smith are completely ludicrous and coming out of nowhere. You call a QB with completion % in the 50s with 36 INTs in just two seasons with the Jets with No Winning Season, managing an NFL offense? He lost his job to Ryan Fitzpatrick. lol No team is going to "win now" with Geno Smith on the field. Why even have a backup? The Giants essentially had no reliable game winning backup QB to Eli the Entire time if you haven't noticed. They've just been lucky Eli is very durable and hasn't suffered a major injury during a season this whole time.
                Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 03-11-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                  I'd take him as a back up, not like he would get much playing time anyway Eli Is an Iron man like Cal Ripken, and who knows may be its more of the case that the Jets Stink not Geno?
                  They both do, Geno even more so.. 2 of my best friends are jets fans and I pretty much watched all of Genos games when he was there, he actually had pretty decent talent around him but couldn't hit water throwing out of a boat, as a starter is rate him -1000 out of 10, as a backup -10 out of 10

And I don't want a guy that someone in his own locker room is willing to cost themselves a career just so they can punch him in the face

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                    The season is over if Eli goes down and Geno Smith is not going to do jack about it much like a 7th rounder QB. Again, your expectations of Geno Smith are completely ludicrous and coming out of nowhere. You call a QB with completion % in the 50s with 36 INTs in just two seasons with the Jets with No Winning Season managing an NFL offense? He lost his job to Ryan Fitzpatrick. lol No team is going to "win now" with Geno Smith on the field. Why even have a backup? The Giants essentially had no reliable game winning backup QB to Eli the Entire time if you haven't noticed. They've just been lucky Eli is very durable and hasn't suffered a major injury during a season this whole time.
                    David Carr is the only one who had a chance lol still think he would've had a good career if he didn't get stuck on an expansion team (I feel like everybody does haha)

Comment

Geno Smith is exactly what we need for a back up. A guy who has started and won games in the league.
                      AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH !!!! Im agreeing with MHS ! And admitting it ! Its the end of the world as I know it ......................

Comment

David Carr is the only one who had a chance lol still think he would've had a good career if he didn't get stuck on an expansion team
                        David Carr was practically washed up after taking all those sacks coming from the Texans. ~250 sacks in just 5 seasons can do that to people.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                          David Carr was practically washed up after taking all those sacks coming from the Texans. ~250 sacks in just 5 seasons can do that to people.
                          Honestly even at that point I think he could've been a decent starter for somebody, whenever he did come in for us (albeit obviously very rare) he seemed sharp as hell

My all time fav backup QB lol though i was born in 90 so didnt get to watch Hos win us a SB

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
                            Wtf
                            UGH!!!
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Save the season? Who ever said that was the standard?
                              I'm looking for a guy who has won games in the NFL. A guy who can run the offense.

I guess it makes sense regarding a "back up QB".

I just hope he doesn't ripoff any of his future Giants teammates and get clocked in the jaw again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                                I guess it makes sense regarding a "back up QB".

I just hope he doesn't ripoff any of his future Giants teammates and get clocked in the jaw again.
                                Seriously who wants a QB in their locker room that has had a teammate willing to throw away his career just to punch him in the face

I'm guessing Geno is a tried and true hood boy being that he gets into a scrap over a couple hundred bucks when he's in the NFL for Christs sake

Comment

Working...
                                X