Opinions on this middle linebacker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on this middle linebacker

How would you feel about the Giants signing Gerald Hodges 49ers middle linebacker after doing a letter reading he had a great break out season and ranked in the tub 5 middle linebackers stats I know he had a breakout season but wouldn't it be great for him to keep growing on our team after all linebacker has been an issue for a long time what are your thoughts I'm Gerald Hodges?

hey, at least we got a question mark

Giants don't have the cap space for that. They'll probably run with BJ Goodson. Can hope Rueben Foster drops but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post

Giants don't have the cap space for that. They'll probably run with BJ Goodson. Can hope Rueben Foster drops but I doubt it.
      they can always make the cap space if the interest is there...its so early yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
        they can always make the cap space if the interest is there...its so early yet.
        I meant they don't have cap space for a MLB. That's a luxury. Yes Giants can create cap space but if they were to do so it would be for Hankins or another DT, more OL help, even a RB over a MLB

Comment

If we go MLB in the drsft I'd want Foster or Jarrad Davis from Florida.... MAYBE RaeKwon McMillan in the 3rd. Not really any outstanding MLB other than Foster

.....And the past few years I wanted us to draft: Vontaze Bufrict, Eric Kendricks, Myles Jack, and Scooby Wright. Only 1 CLOSE to the same realm of them in this year's draft is Foster
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
            If we go MLB in the drsft I'd want Foster or Jarrad Davis from Florida.... MAYBE RaeKwon McMillan in the 3rd. Not really any outstanding MLB other than Foster

.....And the past few years I wanted us to draft: Vontaze Bufrict, Eric Kendricks, Myles Jack, and Scooby Wright. Only 1 CLOSE to the same realm of them in this year's draft is Foster
            same here. I've wanted a legit MLB in the draft for YEARS. Denzel Perryman was another I liked the year he came out.

Comment

same here. I've wanted a legit MLB in the draft for YEARS. Denzel Perryman was another I liked the year he came out.
              Forgot about Perryman.... I'll add Mason Foster and Kwon alexander to that list too
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Has anyone considered the Giants starting MLB could be JT Thomas. He has played in the middle before. The Giants have not cut him as speculated. They are paying him too much to have him sit on the bench. JT Thomas is a option that has not been discussed. Personally I would like the Giants to bring back Keenen and draft a long term solution this year or next.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I think they are high on Goodson. Not only is money an issue this year, but will be for several upcoming seasons. At some point a team HAS to get starts out of the draft picks on their rookie deals. I have no knowledge of his smarts, but it appears BJ likes contact.

Comment

I like Hodges but he does not cover like Robinson. 49ers played 3-4 he played inside did minimal in coverage.

Comment

I meant they don't have cap space for a MLB. That's a luxury. Yes Giants can create cap space but if they were to do so it would be for Hankins or another DT, more OL help, even a RB over a MLB
                      if its a LB they view as a good fit,,,you never know...especially if keenan leaves,,admittedly i dont know much about hodges,,,penn state guy?

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                        if its a LB they view as a good fit,,,you never know...especially if keenan leaves,,admittedly i dont know much about hodges,,,penn state guy?
                        my statement was based on the fact that the Giants have shown for 10+ years that they don't put too much emphasis on the MLB whether through the draft or FA. It's always a late pick or a trade for an older player (Beason) or a cheap 1 year deal (Shephard). So based on the last 10 years and the fact that there are still other holes, even if they do clear some cap space I feel it's not going to be for a MLB like Hodges

Comment

What LBer position does Red**** play?? Saw mocks on NFLN showing us taking him
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I like our LBers just as they are.....that group is no longer a problem, more a benefit

Comment

Who do we have right now?
                              Casillas, Goodson and Thomas?
                              Forgot about Kennard. Didn't heard much of him this year, good or bad.
                              Didn't recognized anyone else on the roster atm.

Comment

Working...
                              X