It's now time to grab Adrian Peterson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    I totally agree AP Would be who I would sign if I was the Giants! he might come cheap because he abused his son? might be why no one wants him, hence why he might come cheap. when you don't have a lot of cap space you take what you can get, and he would improve our running game!
    The off the field crap has nothing to do with it. The fact is, he's 31 which is close to 100 in running back years. If Ray Rice had had 1500 yards the year before the incident he would have been picked up. If Greg Hardy had had 10+ sacks the year he was on Dallas he would have gotten a decent contract from somebody last offseason.

Comment

I can't believe how cheap Murray got signed for, we spent almost the same money on Rhett Ellison...

Go get AP he's gotta be even cheaper than Murray

Comment

gonna grab a back in the draft...a few good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Millen_Messiah View Post
          The off the field crap has nothing to do with it. The fact is, he's 31 which is close to 100 in running back years. If Ray Rice had had 1500 yards the year before the incident he would have been picked up. If Greg Hardy had had 10+ sacks the year he was on Dallas he would have gotten a decent contract from somebody last offseason.
          Close to 31 BUT he has missed 2 years of running back wear and tear and also seems to be the fastest healer on the planet with his own hyperbolic chamber.

Comment

The knock on AP is he not a good pass blocker.
            L. MURRAY runs to upright causes him to be a target and injury prone.

Comment

Never going to happen.

Comment

AP is one of the all time greats but this is why it is a bad idea.

Year 11 is a brick wall statically for Running backs. Most don't make through year 10. Only 2 have had a 1000 yard season after year 10 Emmit Smith , Walter Payton.

These are great backs. This is what typically happens year 11 and beyond.

Curtis Martin …...........year 10, 1697 yds….year 11 , 735yds
                Eric ****erson…..........year 10, 729 yds…....year 11, 91 yds
                Marshall Faulk……......year 10, 819 yds…... year 11, 774 yds…......year 12, 292 yds
                LaDainian Tomlinson...year 10, 914 yds….....year 11, 280 yds
                Edgerrin James............year 10, 514 yds.........year 1, 125 yds

A handful have had broken through year 11 barrier with ok numbers, but not many. AP has 2 major knee surgeries. It is not likely he will brake through the brick wall.
                Last edited by TEM; 03-17-2017, 10:01 AM.
                Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                  AP is one of the all time greats but this is why it is a bad idea.

Year 11 is a brick wall statically for Running backs. Most don't make through year 10. Only 2 have had a 1000 yard season after year 10 Emmit Smith , Walter Payton.

These are great backs. This is what typically happens year 11 and beyond.

Curtis Martin …...........year 10, 1697 yds….year 11 , 735yds
                  Eric ****erson…..........year 10, 729 yds…....year 11, 91 yds
                  Marshall Faulk……......year 10, 819 yds…... year 11, 774 yds…......year 12, 292 yds
                  LaDainian Tomlinson...year 10, 914 yds….....year 11, 280 yds
                  Edgerrin James............year 10, 514 yds.........year 1, 125 yds

A handful have had broken through year 11 barrier with ok numbers, but not many. AP has 2 major knee surgeries. It is not likely he will brake through the brick wall.
                  I wouldn't bet against AP, no matter the team. Torn ACL, came back and out rushed our entire team. The difference is most of those other backs teams started using other backs
                  Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                    I wouldn't bet against AP, no matter the team. Torn ACL, came back and out rushed our entire team. The difference is most of those other backs teams started using other backs
                    Yeah sure those are great players, but you're handpicking players to support your argument.

Frank Gore:

Year 10: 1,106 yds 4 TD
                    Year 11: 967 yds 6 TD
                    Year 12: 1,025 yds 4 TD

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                      I can't believe how cheap Murray got signed for, we spent almost the same money on Rhett Ellison...

Go get AP he's gotta be even cheaper than Murray
                      RB isn't really a valued position anymore, a lot of them make punter/kicker money

Comment

Originally posted by Geth View Post
                        Yeah sure those are great players, but you're handpicking players to support your argument.

Frank Gore:

Year 10: 1,106 yds 4 TD
                        Year 11: 967 yds 6 TD
                        Year 12: 1,025 yds 4 TD
                        I never said there are not exceptions Betties was another.
                        My point is you don't sign a RB that is in his 11 season. It is a gamble most likely not be favorable to the team. The stats show it 9 out of 10 do not preform.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                          Why did the teams start using other backs? Because there was no confidence in an 11 year RB

Comment

No its not

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              RB isn't really a valued position anymore, a lot of them make punter/kicker money
                              Teams are stupid and that's why most of them are bad, there's tremendous value in a good RB.. for any team

Comment

Unless we see some real improvement at the O Line AP will get beat to death before he even gets a sniff of the line of scrimmage!
                                Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Working...
                                X