Gino Smith is not a good choice as backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gino Smith is not a good choice as backup

Coming off an ACL makes him questionable. The guy has a case of the swollen head. There are many better backups available. Ryan Nassib should be brought back a much better choice.Smith's performance record is not good.

Thread #2 of you whining about a back up quarterback. "Gino"?
    sigpic

Comment

If he isn't cut, I don't see him disrupting the team that much by holding the clipboard the entire year. He's a second round pick, who knows, maybe he can learn from Eli and then take over when Eli hangs them up.

Comment

Originally posted by 50yeargiantsfan View Post
        Coming off an ACL makes him questionable. The guy has a case of the swollen head. There are many better backups available. Ryan Nassib should be brought back a much better choice.Smith's performance record is not good.
        Explain why Nassib would be better ?
        sigpic

Comment

What is wrong with a back up QB who was a two year starter in the league ?

in my opinion he is the best back up in the entire league

The idea in a perfect world is he will never play

It doesn't matter who the back up is ... if Eli goes down the team is finished

Comment

QB for practice only

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

As a free agent acquisition he is the best choice. As it stands now Romo is the best back up in the league and a quite expensive one I might add.
              Last edited by TEM; 03-18-2017, 12:23 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

They haven't made any "choice" on a backup QB. He will be invited to camp to compete. Really not worth 2 different threads complaining about it.

Comment

YA with the most logical post yet again.

Did they sign Geno for 20 million or something? let the kid come in and compete maybe those years as a jet humbled him. All the giants are giving him is an opportunity to compete for a back up spot.

Comment

+1
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm fine with the signing but I don't know about best backup in the league. Matt Moore comes to mind, for one. AJ McCarron? Drew Stanton? Just because Geno has had starting NFL QB experience doesn't automatically make him the best backup in the league. The guy was a total bust as a starter and was benched. He was worse than Mark Sanchez and definitely worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick. How is he the best backup?

Comment

+1.....he stinks.

Comment

Why is he a better choice than Nassib? Smith has started a lot more games

Comment

Geno is the perfect choice

Comment

Disagree. Our team is built around the defense now. Eli was horrible last year, and they still got in the playoffs.

It's not all about Eli anymore. Sorry but that is just not the case. They won games in spite of him last year... not because of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X