Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hankins Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hankins Replacement

    Anybody up for replacing Hankins with Ricky Jean Francois? He was released from Washington, could be an inexpensive option.

  • #2
    He's a decent option.

    Comment


    • #3
      https://www.google.com/amp/washingto...-francois/amp/

      Idk but this is funny^
      If you've never played your opinion is invalid

      Comment


      • #4
        I believe Reese has stated he can re-sign JPP and Hankins. A big money hurdle to negotiate with Hankins has been removed with the JPP signing . I don't believe until all options have been exhausted with Hankins, Reese is going to move on from him.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TEM View Post
          I believe Reese has stated he can re-sign JPP and Hankins. A big money hurdle to negotiate with Hankins has been removed with the JPP signing . I don't believe until all options have been exhausted with Hankins, Reese is going to move on from him.
          From what I heard in bleacherr report we're not expected to offer more than 1 yr 4 mil for Hank
          If you've never played your opinion is invalid

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
            From what I heard in bleacherr report we're not expected to offer more than 1 yr 4 mil for Hank
            I don't buy into reported numbers, most if not all of them are unsubstantiated.
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TEM View Post
              I believe Reese has stated he can re-sign JPP and Hankins. A big money hurdle to negotiate with Hankins has been removed with the JPP signing . I don't believe until all options have been exhausted with Hankins, Reese is going to move on from him.


              the perfect move is a one year deal, we canīt commit more money in that D Line

              Comment


              • #8
                Im kind of torn when it comes to Hankins.

                Hes a good, young player and all but I think he would have a better career with someone else. We are trying to make him a 3 Tech pass rushing DT, and thats not what he is....

                I would like for us to look at Caleb Brantley, Jaleel Johnson, or Carlos Watkins in the draft to pair alongside of Snacks
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't think Hankins is worth more than 6-7 a yr on a long term deal and, at this point, I kind of want to see us invest the money elsewhere. According to PFF, Francois graded out much better than Hankins last season anyway. Even though PFF is not always reliable, Hankins has regressed these last couple of years. Only problem is Francois didn't get nearly as many snaps with the skins last year as Hankins took with us..plus he is similar to Hankins in that he stuffs the run well, but doesn't offer much as an interior pass rusher.
                  1. Ryan Ramcyzk, OT, Wisconsin
                  2. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
                  3. Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama
                  4. Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think rjf would be a good replacement for him, but if I were the giants I might focus on signing a linebacker with the money as zach brown talks with the raiders have stalled. Also gerald hodges would be a good option to look at. They might present a better allocation of assets at this point in free agency. There are some good dt second round options in the draft and I think anyone standing next to snacks will play well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by huckleberryeli View Post
                      I think rjf would be a good replacement for him, but if I were the giants I might focus on signing a linebacker with the money as zach brown talks with the raiders have stalled. Also gerald hodges would be a good option to look at. They might present a better allocation of assets at this point in free agency. There are some good dt second round options in the draft and I think anyone standing next to snacks will play well.
                      Forgot Brown was available, he's coming off a good season definitely wouldn't mind getting him but we have to get Robinson too or we won't have a will
                      If you've never played your opinion is invalid

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i think hankins can be even better. he is still young. no problem with resigning this guy. u need to be deep at dt in this defense especially.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                          Forgot Brown was available, he's coming off a good season definitely wouldn't mind getting him but we have to get Robinson too or we won't have a will
                          Yeah I think with the money they have and next years cap situation being much inproved, they should be able to get both. If you start with brown, robinson will probably still be there

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
                            i think hankins can be even better. he is still young. no problem with resigning this guy. u need to be deep at dt in this defense especially.
                            How much money can we tie up on the dline? 50m a year??
                            If you've never played your opinion is invalid

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                              From what I heard in bleacherr report we're not expected to offer more than 1 yr 4 mil for Hank
                              things changed when we re signed JPP some how by slapping the franchise tag on JPP and re signing him it opened up about 9 million we should be able to sign all our pieces on defense and possible a decent power running back!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X