• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the New York Gets

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      It is just click bait for Usa today
      its not click bait when you click there is an article about the Giants being interested in Mangold, USA Today is a really good paper not as good as the Washington Post or The New York Times but really good none the less!

Comment

Heck ya bring in Mangold. Come on BMarsh work those phones. Needs to be a heck of a deal, put him at RG or maybe LG and slide Pugh to LT. Where there is smoke there is fire. I would go as far as adding Clady for $1 mil per. Wont hurt to ask, just pick up a phone. They might like the idea of playing for a playoff contender, not having to move, and taking a pay cut to help the team. Any offensive line depth is fantastic. Happens all the time in other sports, vets pass up on big paydays to take minimum vet pay to play for a ring. Bmarsh was a steal at that price too.

Comment

could be a Depth move? As good as Mangold USED to be he is a bit washed up. He could be a back up to Fluker or vise versa?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
            its not click bait when you click there is an article about the Giants being interested in Mangold, USA Today is a really good paper not as good as the Washington Post or The New York Times but really good none the less!
            I thought giants wire has always been a very good source too
            If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
              Why?? We have Richburg at Center.
              This is the question, it doesn't make sense. Richburg younger and cheaper. Is Mangold gonna sign for 2-3 years cheaper than Richburg will ask for next year on his contract. So they save money in the long run plus depth this year. Which one you going to sit unless one of them can play OT ? Or does one go to Guard and Fluker to Tackle ? This would be a head scratcher to me.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                This is the question, it doesn't make sense. Richburg younger and cheaper. Is Mangold gonna sign for 2-3 years cheaper than Richburg will ask for next year on his contract. So they save money in the long run plus depth this year. Which one you going to sit unless one of them can play OT ? Or does one go to Guard and Fluker to Tackle ? This would be a head scratcher to me.
                It says in there they'd only be interested in Manhood as a guard, though having a backup center to boot doesn't hurt, if it's a dirt cheap deal I don't see why this would be a head scratcher, I think it'd be a solid move, we said we wanted competitions in the oline in camp, here's a guy that actually stand a chance and at worse is damn good depth

Comment

Going to have like 100 guards and no tackles.
                  Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
                    Going to have like 100 guards and no tackles.
                    What's the depth of our interior looking like? At G there's Pugh, Jerry, Fluker (who could bed up being a back up tackle) and at center there's Richburg and.. Jones?

Comment

Mangold is a pretty good last name.
                      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        Mangold is a pretty good last name.
                        No scramble for us this time?

Comment

I actually brought up the idea of signing Mangold a few weeks ago when he was first released. However, I have not seen any reports from beat writers that the Giants are truly interested in Mangold. The linked article means nothing to me. BUT if they were interested, the idea would be for Mangold to play RG. He would not have any impact on Richburg at C. And I doubt it would be a 2-3 year deal. More than likely a 1 year deal. Depends on if Mangold is interested in continuing to play and if he's interested in playing G. It is not a bad idea. Would bring some veteran leadership to the OL.

You'd have: Flowers - Pugh - Richburg - Mangold - Fluker
                          John Jerry, Brett Jones and a draft pick as depth. That draft pick (depending on where taken) can also battle for a starting spot with Fluker at RT and even Flowers at LT

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                            It says in there they'd only be interested in Manhood as a guard, though having a backup center to boot doesn't hurt, if it's a dirt cheap deal I don't see why this would be a head scratcher, I think it'd be a solid move, we said we wanted competitions in the oline in camp, here's a guy that actually stand a chance and at worse is damn good depth
                            Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                            I actually brought up the idea of signing Mangold a few weeks ago when he was first released. However, I have not seen any reports from beat writers that the Giants are truly interested in Mangold. The linked article means nothing to me. BUT if they were interested, the idea would be for Mangold to play RG. He would not have any impact on Richburg at C. And I doubt it would be a 2-3 year deal. More than likely a 1 year deal. Depends on if Mangold is interested in continuing to play and if he's interested in playing G. It is not a bad idea. Would bring some veteran leadership to the OL.

You'd have: Flowers - Pugh - Richburg - Mangold - Fluker
                            John Jerry, Brett Jones and a draft pick as depth. That draft pick (depending on where taken) can also battle for a starting spot with Fluker at RT and even Flowers at LT
                            I think you guys have changed my mind it would make the line more solid. It would give us a lot of flexibility as well. I see your thinking moving Fluker to RT over Pugh. But it would give us options. But it kind of looks like last years blueprint of a Center and 4 Guards. Are you cutting Hart ? Though I think the group with Mangold is an improvement on last year.

Comment

I think you guys have changed my mind it would make the line more solid. It would give us a lot of flexibility as well. I see your thinking moving Fluker to RT over Pugh. But it would give us options. But it kind of looks like last years blueprint of a Center and 4 Guards. Are you cutting Hart ? Though I think the group with Mangold is an improvement on last year.
                              Pretty sure we usually carry 4 guards and 2 centers no? Honestly Mangold may be a guy who can save us a roster spot by being the primary back up at C and then throw him in a competition for guard, if he loses hes 2nd string (probably left) guard and center, if he wins a spot and say Richburg goes down he slides over to center and Jerry or Fluker come in his spot

Comment

Are you cutting Hart?
                                Ha no I wasn't cutting Hart. I just forgot about him. He's in the mix as well. Competition is a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X