Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
    Exactly. That's the problem.

Would be great though. If we had Thomas on the team I'd feel like we're pretty much the best team in the league or close to it.
    I thought we had roughly 14 million in cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
      Not really possible from a cap perspective.
      Possible it most certainly is, just a matter of if the giants want to go to those lengths
      If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
        I'd gladly give up a 2nd rounder to have Joe Thomas protect Eli for the next 2 years. No 2nd rounder will have more of an impact then he would. We are 1 good left tackle away from being NFC favorites in my opinion.
        100% agreed

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Depends on if Eli wants better protection or not. He is the largest contract on the team and can do something about it if he wants to help him self and the team.

I'd gladly drop Harris and Vereen to get it done.
          Honestly if I'm him if straight up hand back a few mil to get it done

And id def drop them too, think that'd be like 6 mil between those 2 no?

Comment

Could the Browns absorb some salary cap in a possible trade?

Comment

Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
              Could the Browns absorb some salary cap in a possible trade?
              I'm wondering the same, like c'mon you got like 100m in cap room what good does that do you?

MAYBE even throw in like a 5th or something to get them to

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Depends on if Eli wants better protection or not. He is the largest contract on the team and can do something about it if he wants to help him self and the team.

I'd gladly drop Harris and Vereen to get it done.
                He's only counting 11mil against the cap. Not sure if there is anything else he can do other than tear his contract and play for free.

Comment

I would not give up a 2nd rounder for Joe Thomas. This draft is deep is several positions we need. There will be some talent left in round two.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Giantswire has the giants interested in everyone. Lol
                    sigpic

Comment

This idea of the Browns dealing Thomas makes no sense whatsoever.
                      Exactly how would they be better by trading him away?
                      my beer drinking team has a football problem

Comment

Originally posted by poppa smurph View Post
                        This idea of the Browns dealing Thomas makes no sense whatsoever.
                        Exactly how would they be better by trading him away?
                        What's the point in keeping him? He's obviously not gonna win them any ball games, that franchise knows they're in the midst of an all out rebuild project, draft picks are more valuable than aging vets when you're in that phase

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          I would not give up a 2nd rounder for Joe Thomas. This draft is deep is several positions we need. There will be some talent left in round two.
                          The chances of finding someone better than Joe Thomas in the 2nd round is miniscule at best

Especially a LT (at any point really) which we are supremely desperate for, this IS the kinds move that can land us in the SB THIS year

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                            What player is in THIS draft and that will likely go in the 2nd round that would improve this team--for the NEXT 2-3 YEARS-- more than a multiple time All Pro LT, arguably the best LT over the last several years, with at least 2 high production years left in him? I'm no draftnick like some here, but it has been oft repeated by the draft experts I've heard this is one of the weakest draft classes of the last several years.

This could be the ideal year for the Giants to pull off a trade like this.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                              What player is in THIS draft and that will likely go in the 2nd round that would improve this team--for the NEXT 2-3 YEARS-- more than a multiple time All Pro LT, arguably the best LT over the last several years, with at least 2 high production years left in him? I'm no draftnick like some here, but it has been oft repeated by the draft experts I've heard this is one of the weakest draft classes of the last several years.

This could be the ideal year for the Giants to pull off a trade like this.
                              Overall its a fantastic draft class, abnormal amount of blue chip prospects.. just not for OLineman unfortunately for us

Comment

Last year I would have gave up a 2nd rd. But now he's a year older and he lost another year on his career I would have to think hard about it. But he could last as long as Eli so I could live with it. Moving Flowers to the right side would give us a monstrous right side of the line in Fluker and Flowers. If the Giants did this it would mean they figured out the cap hit to do it.

I really wanted him last year bad. Don't think he wants to leave Cleveland he might not want to come, Would want to know if his heart was in it. HC Hue Jackson of Cleveland does not want him to go anywhere. Last year he said if Thomas was traded he would quit. Don't know if he still feels that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X