Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants wire reporting giants may have interest in Joe Thomas

http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/...veland-browns/

Take it for what it's worth, if we could clear up the cap room I think I'd be ok with giving them a 2nd at this point, so long as we still have enough money to get another need or 2 filled

Depends on what we're giving up.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

Take it for what it's worth, if we could clear up the cap room I think I'd be ok with giving them a 2nd at this point, so long as we still have enough money to get another need or 2 filled

"If we could clear up the cap room" is a big if. With other teams also interested in Thomas, this might be a tough trade to accomplish.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
        "If we could clear up the cap room" is a big if. With other teams also interested in Thomas, this might be a tough trade to accomplish.
        Prob would, but we're pretty desperate at the LT position, to go from the worst to one of the best just like that would be something

The kind of move that would immediately make us a serious threat to bring home the Lombardi, but you're right a tough one to pull off, though we may not have to clear all that much cap room, depending on how much it'll cost us to fill other needs

Comment

Sounds expensive.... Im not a fan of spending a lot of money on oldies but we need to do something their i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
            Depends on what we're giving up.
            what i read on thee is they wanted a 2nd and to clear the cap space don't know if that is true but thats what was written.

Comment

I'd gladly give up a 2nd rounder to have Joe Thomas protect Eli for the next 2 years. No 2nd rounder will have more of an impact then he would. We are 1 good left tackle away from being NFC favorites in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
                what i read on thee is they wanted a 2nd and to clear the cap space don't know if that is true but thats what was written.
                I don't know why Cleveland would be worrying about clearing cap space. They still have between $60-70M to spend.

Comment

Not really possible from a cap perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
                    I'd gladly give up a 2nd rounder to have Joe Thomas protect Eli for the next 2 years. No 2nd rounder will have more of an impact then he would. We are 1 good left tackle away from being NFC favorites in my opinion.
                    It's not so much the 2nd rounder. It's the $11.5M of cap space required.

Comment

Prob would, but we're pretty desperate at the LT position, to go from the worst to one of the best just like that would be something

The kind of move that would immediately make us a serious threat to bring home the Lombardi, but you're right a tough one to pull off, though we may not have to clear all that much cap room, depending on how much it'll cost us to fill other needs

Desperate we are thanks to Flowers' regression.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                        It's not so much the 2nd rounder. It's the $11.5M of cap space required.
                        Exactly. That's the problem.

Would be great though. If we had Thomas on the team I'd feel like we're pretty much the best team in the league or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                          Not really possible from a cap perspective.
                          Depends on if Eli wants better protection or not. He is the largest contract on the team and can do something about it if he wants to help him self and the team.

I'd gladly drop Harris and Vereen to get it done.

Comment

Not sure if this is possible but could the Browns pick up half or maybe a third of his salary plus we give them a second rounder?
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                              Desperate we are thanks to Flowers' regression.
                              anybody else read this in a Yoda voice?

Comment

Working...
                              X