Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Mangold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Whether it's set in stone or just "very probable", it seems a poor decision for a very good veteran to walk into. A lifelong center, signing on with a team that signed two guys to compete for the only position he would be considered for.....which is also out of position for him.

    If I'm Nick Mangold I'm going to try to sign with a team where he felt confident he would play at guard, or sign with a team where he could compete at his natural position.
    well I was talking about a rookie, not Mangold. As far as Mangold goes, IMO, if the Giants were truly interested in Mangold and if Mangold was interested in playing G, he would be signed as the starting RG not just to compete.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      He's going to a team where they just signed two guys as free agents for the only position available? why would he do that?

      Seems dumb. And frankly I don't want dumb guys on the team.
      Its called depth most championship teams are deep at these kinds of positions also defensive line. plus if The GM is doing his due diligence he explains to Mangold you will be a starter and those other guys are back ups or play out of position, Time for guys to play like a team and do what has to be done to win a ring. also you gotta figure Mangold has a Comfort level in NY/Jersey his family is all living here kids are in school probably doesn't want to uproot them, I would think this will factor in if the Giants offer him a deal.
      Last edited by Donnie Yen; 03-21-2017, 03:32 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
        Its called depth most championship teams are deep at these kinds of positions also defensive line. plus if The GM is doing his due diligence he explains to Mangold you will be a starter and those other guys are back ups or play out of position, Time for guys to play like a team and do what has to be done to win a ring. also you gotta figure Mangold has a Comfort level in NY/Jersey his family is all living here kids are in school probably doesn't want to uproot them, I would think this will factor in if the Giants offer him a deal.
        I understand why WE would want to sign him. But it makes no sense from his point of view.
        That would be a very odd decision on his part. He's been a fine center for a long time. It would make no sense to sign with a team to compete against two other guys for a position that's not even his natural position.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          I understand why WE would want to sign him. But it makes no sense from his point of view.
          That would be a very odd decision on his part. He's been a fine center for a long time. It would make no sense to sign with a team to compete against two other guys for a position that's not even his natural position.
          That's Reese's job to convince him and why he gets paid the big bucks to do what he does and its a really good thing that most fans just sit on there couch's watching the proceedings on NFL Network. I mean can anyone on here say with complete certainty exactly how much money is left to work with in free agency? again its why we don't work for the Giants front office.

          Comment


          • #50
            What

            Are fans really talking up reasons a veteran player should not come to the Giants to provide depth at a position the Giants absolutely need depth?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
              That's Reese's job to convince him and why he gets paid the big bucks to do what he does and its a really good thing that most fans just sit on there couch's watching the proceedings on NFL Network. I mean can anyone on here say with complete certainty exactly how much money is left to work with in free agency? again its why we don't work for the Giants front office.
              Stop it. It's a bad move on Mangold's part. I suspect he will go somewhere to play center, OR a team desperate for a guard where he would slide in as a starter.

              By your logic it would be a good move to have Tony Romo as our back up and he should come here. It would just be Reese's job to convince him.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Stop it. It's a bad move on Mangold's part. I suspect he will go somewhere to play center, OR a team desperate for a guard where he would slide in as a starter.

                By your logic it would be a good move to have Tony Romo as our back up and he should come here. It would just be Reese's job to convince him.
                Youre saying it WOULDNT be a good move to have Tony Romo as our backup?!!?!?

                Its HIGHLY unlikely, but its possible

                As for Mongo, It would make sense for him to come here if he wants a ring and doesnt care as much about having a guaranteed starting spot. He's already made a boatload of money, a few pro bowls, all he's missing is a ring, and thats something that is more possible with us than say Jacksonville, Miami, or Buffalo.... AND he wouldnt have to move his family
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Stop it. It's a bad move on Mangold's part. I suspect he will go somewhere to play center, OR a team desperate for a guard where he would slide in as a starter.

                  By your logic it would be a good move to have Tony Romo as our back up and he should come here. It would just be Reese's job to convince him.
                  I don't think we sign him but not because he doesn't want to be a Giant But we will see...

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    It's Nick Mongrel -- get it right guys.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                      Youre saying it WOULDNT be a good move to have Tony Romo as our backup?!!?!?

                      Its HIGHLY unlikely, but its possible

                      As for Mongo, It would make sense for him to come here if he wants a ring and doesnt care as much about having a guaranteed starting spot. He's already made a boatload of money, a few pro bowls, all he's missing is a ring, and thats something that is more possible with us than say Jacksonville, Miami, or Buffalo.... AND he wouldnt have to move his family
                      I'm saying the opposite. It would be a good move for us...but a terrible move for Romo.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I'm saying the opposite. It would be a good move for us...but a terrible move for Romo.
                        Its all about what they want at this point in their career

                        Do they want to be a backup or fight for a starting position and have a chance at a super bowl run

                        OR

                        Do they want to make a boatload of money and have a starting position locked up on a crap team
                        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                          Its all about what they want at this point in their career

                          Do they want to be a backup or fight for a starting position and have a chance at a super bowl run

                          OR

                          Do they want to make a boatload of money and have a starting position locked up on a crap team
                          He could be the starter in Houston or Denver, and those are not crap teams.

                          My ultimate point here is that there are two decisions being made. One by the team and the other by the player. It's easy to say we would love this guy or that guy. But often you have to consider why the player would sign in a given situation.

                          Mangold has no reason to sign with us to compete for a position where we just signed two guys for, AND it's not his natural position.

                          I'm sure he can find something better than that for him. If not he should retire.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            He could be the starter in Houston or Denver, and those are not crap teams.

                            My ultimate point here is that there are two decisions being made. One by the team and the other by the player. It's easy to say we would love this guy or that guy. But often you have to consider why the player would sign in a given situation.

                            Mangold has no reason to sign with us to compete for a position where we just signed two guys for, AND it's not his natural position.

                            I'm sure he can find something better than that for him. If not he should retire.
                            Well now we are just talking in circles here. I gave reasons, you say he has no reason, yada yada yada

                            Giants: Chance at SB, doesnt have to move, will have to fight for starting spot or be depth
                            Non Giants: More money, doesnt have to fight for starting spot, will have to move, less likely to make SB run

                            So you think he should retire over playing for the Giants??
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                              Youre saying it WOULDNT be a good move to have Tony Romo as our backup?!!?!?

                              Its HIGHLY unlikely, but its possible

                              As for Mongo, It would make sense for him to come here if he wants a ring and doesnt care as much about having a guaranteed starting spot. He's already made a boatload of money, a few pro bowls, all he's missing is a ring, and thats something that is more possible with us than say Jacksonville, Miami, or Buffalo.... AND he wouldnt have to move his family
                              If Romo was here, he would be starting.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                                Well now we are just talking in circles here. I gave reasons, you say he has no reason, yada yada yada

                                Giants: Chance at SB, doesnt have to move, will have to fight for starting spot or be depth
                                Non Giants: More money, doesnt have to fight for starting spot, will have to move, less likely to make SB run

                                So you think he should retire over playing for the Giants??
                                There are benefits for Mangold to come play for the giants, who are ABSOLUTELY a Super Bowl contender next season. Personally, I am surprised that the Seahawks have not gotten in on Mangold considering their horrible oline that is lightyears worse than the giants.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X