Blount: Down to Detroit or NYG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    Well the Charles signing could effect us. Other teams might start panicking and pull the trigger on Blount even if Charles may have been their target. My point is teams looking at Charles as a possibility may now shift their interest to Blount meaning more then 2 teams

Plus Charles got a deal for 1 year worth up to 3 75 Million
    Perhaps, but there seems to be very limited interest in any of these FA RB's.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
      Perhaps, but there seems to be very limited interest in any of these FA RB's.
      True and I even question this report that Detroit is in on Blont could be Blont's camp getting the Giants to up there offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
        True and I even question this report that Detroit is in on Blont could be Blont's camp getting the Giants to up there offer?
        I believe Detroit is interested. Their running back situation is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
          I believe Detroit is interested. Their running back situation is pretty bad.
          Abdullah can't be trusted.. Always banged up

Comment

Well either way we should see something happen over next few weeks one way or the other. Then will will find out weather Reese is comfortable handing the keys over to all young untested Backs for the 2017 season or not.

Vereen as we said is not an every down Back and very unreliable health wise. I think the combo of using mostly last year's O line or a bunch of unproven guys there as well is not a good combo with young RBs to. I think you need that Veteran in there for those tough moments
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Well either way we should see something happen over next few weeks one way or the other. Then will will find out weather Reese is comfortable handing the keys over to all young untested Backs for the 2017 season or not.

Vereen as we said is not an every down Back and very unreliable health wise. I think the combo of using mostly last year's O line or a bunch of unproven guys there as well is not a good combo with young RBs to. I think you need that Veteran in there for those tough moments
              I would say Blont signs a deal this week not in the next few weeks.

Comment

If we sign Blount, Im going to be a bit upset we drafted Gallman. We would have too many RBs running behind a bad run blocking OL.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Wouldnt touch Blount. Let the young kids we have learn on the job. They will be better for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                    Gallman is a rookie who never played in the NFL, Blont is a proven commodity I think that is why.
                    Yes. Remember how little Perkins played at the start of the year last year. This is why we need blount.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                      Yes. Remember how little Perkins played at the start of the year last year. This is why we need blount.
                      Yea I doubt they are going to trust a Rookie in the big spots. And lets not forget Perkins is really not far from being a rookie. Darkwa played sparingly here and there. Vereen is a 3rd down back and can't even stay healthy long enough to even do that. The other two I believe are just Camp Bodies and won't be here long

So at least do what KC did and bring in Blount on a one year deal to give us that solid vet you can trust to get you those crucial yards.

By the way people should not compare Gallman To 6'1 and 210 to Blount who is same height and 245.. Huge difference
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

If he makes the roster. Zero guaranteed money is quite telling.

Comment

Well the Charles signing could effect us. Other teams might start panicking and pull the trigger on Blount even if Charles may have been their target. My point is teams looking at Charles as a possibility may now shift their interest to Blount meaning more then 2 teams

JC could be done, it's hard to tell with him. I don't think any teams will be forced into a panic over these backs. If they were highly sought, they'd have been signed before the draft

Comment

No thanks. If it's a reasonable contract, fine. Otherwise, I think we're set at RB. Perkins looks legit. With Vereen, Darkwa, Gallman,etc. we've got more than enough. I'd prefer us scoop another OL, Front 7, or DB after cuts for more depth/rotation.
                            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Yea I doubt they are going to trust a Rookie in the big spots. And lets not forget Perkins is really not far from being a rookie. Darkwa played sparingly here and there. Vereen is a 3rd down back and can't even stay healthy long enough to even do that. The other two I believe are just Camp Bodies and won't be here long

So at least do what KC did and bring in Blount on a one year deal to give us that solid vet you can trust to get you those crucial yards.

By the way people should not compare Gallman To 6'1 and 210 to Blount who is same height and 245.. Huge difference
                              It makes you wonder what the giants are waiting for. They need a veteran back. Blount has to be 10x better than darkwa.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                                It makes you wonder what the giants are waiting for. They need a veteran back. Blount has to be 10x better than darkwa.
                                They just drafted Gallman and Darkwa is a core special teamer. If they signed Blount, its most likely at the cost of Vereen, and I would rather have Vereen than Blount.

Comment

Working...
                                X