Blount: Down to Detroit or NYG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    If we sign Blount, Im going to be a bit upset we drafted Gallman. We would have too many RBs running behind a bad run blocking OL.
    I believe Reese is taking this into consideration.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
      I believe Reese is taking this into consideration.
      Depth Is never a bad thing. plus as bad as our OL was Perkins didn't have trouble running behind the line neither will Blont and hopefully Gallman?
      Last edited by Donnie Yen; 05-04-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
        Depth Is never a bad thing.
        Depth is the difference maker.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          They just drafted Gallman and Darkwa is a core special teamer. If they signed Blount, its most likely at the cost of Vereen, and I would rather have Vereen than Blount.
          I don't think so. Vereen re worked his deal and is worth having on the team for his big play potential out of the backfield on short screens. I think Darkwa would still keep his job as the #3/4 back

It would be:
          1) Perkins
          2) Blount
          3) Gallman
          4) Darkwa

Have to roll with 4 due to injuries.. they also signed that Stout FB to an UDFA Contract. Don't know if they can keep him though. Signed Ellison for that.and need to hold at least 4 TEs and 6 WRs as well as 3QBs. That's18 spots if they keep the FB. How many OL guys do they retain?? 10? Were already way to high. 28 + 2 for K/P only leaves 23 for Defense

Unfortunately having drafted Webb will make us likely have to take one less WR in a stacked position counting the potential of a few of the UDFAs and what they already had plus as good as this FB might be I don't think they can carry him unless the count him as one of the L.backers cause he has played there
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
            They just drafted Gallman and Darkwa is a core special teamer. If they signed Blount, its most likely at the cost of Vereen, and I would rather have Vereen than Blount.
            No way. Darwka played in just 10 games last year. The special teams was just fine without him. As simple as it sounds, this team needs tds. Blount is a td machine.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Why would anyone want Vareen over Blount? Perkins can more than supplement Vareens loss....But we already paid that bum his bonus, so he isn't going anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                Why would anyone want Vareen over Blount? Perkins can more than supplement Vareens loss....But we already paid that bum his bonus, so he isn't going anywhere?
                vereen is a very good player. Perkins can adequately fill in his role as well but that is a good thing. It give Perkins a rest. why bash vereen? He got injured...It could happen to anyone out there. Some very strange fans the NYG have.

Comment

so any new news on Blont? if the Giants were going to sign him what is taking so long?

Comment

so any new news on Blont? if the Giants were going to sign him what is taking so long?
                    I think waiting on the dead line coming up with the week where if someone is signed after it they do not have to give up a compensatory pick next season.. But the problem with that is that I think the Lions and whoever else is waiting on the same deadline to pass. So once it does it could come down to a bidding war for whoever wants him
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      I think waiting on the dead line coming up with the week where if someone is signed after it they do not have to give up a compensatory pick next season.. But the problem with that is that I think the Lions and whoever else is waiting on the same deadline to pass. So once it does it could come down to a bidding war for whoever wants him
                      I know money talks and all that j*** but Blont is really good friends with Odell Beckham Jr and I think being that there is mutual interest the Giants want Blont and Blont wants to be Giant, I just get that sense. also the Lions are not that great Stafford is not a great QB, where does Blont have a better chance at a ring, with The Lions or the Giants? there is some talk that the Giants could be the best team in the NFC East can the same be said about the Lions in there division? seriously I am not familiar with the Lions division are they favorites in there division?

Comment

I really wish we would sign him already...

Comment

I really wish we would sign him already...
                          Probably not going to happen now that NE Tendered him meaning whoever signs him as to give NE a C.Pick now. I think that's what the Giant's and other teams were trying to skirt around and avoid. NE knew this and tendered him 3 minutes before the deadline. They are a shrewd bunch.

He can be signed by anyone up till July 22nd I think. After that date he can't be signed by anyone but NE until after week 10

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            Probably not going to happen now that NE Tendered him meaning whoever signs him as to give NE a C.Pick now. I think that's what the Giant's and other teams were trying to skirt around and avoid. NE knew this and tendered him 3 minutes before the deadline. They are a shrewd bunch.

He can be signed by anyone up till July 22nd I think. After that date he can't be signed by anyone but NE until after week 10
                            might make it easier to get him if we don't mind giving up a draft pick?

Comment

Can someone show me a source that explains this obscure tender rule? I keep seeing in this thread that the team signing him gives up a pick, but I can't find anything that says that the Patriots receive any compensation from the team signing him. Only that they may receive a compensatory pick, and even that isn't a guarantee.

Comment

When a team gains a compensatory draft selection, it does not come directly from another team. There are 32 compensatory picks given out by the NFL at the ends of Rounds 3-7 to recoup a team for a player they lose in free agency. After May 9th, all free agents that are still on the market no longer count in the compensatory draft formula. This tender just extends that throughout the offseason until July, where then Blount's rights would be exclusively New England's to control until Week 10.

The way that teams share responsibility with compensatory picks is in how it's all pooled together. Here's a hypothetical scenario, granted the algorithm used to calculate the compensation is only guesswork as the NFL does not release that info to the public.

So let's say that losing Jonathan Hankins will award us a 4th round compensatory pick. Now let's say we were to sign Blount for 2M per year, and let's say that generates a 7th round compensatory selection for New England. We aren't giving them that pick, but that 7th round compensatory value will be subtracted from our 4th round compensatory gain that we got for losing Hankins, leaving us with possibly a 5th round compensatory selection instead of a 4th. This is just meant to be a simplified example to give everyone the gist of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X