Blount: Down to Detroit or NYG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    Yes but as explained on here it's one thing doing it in College and quite another in the NFL
    And as I recall the better Defenses shut Gallman down. He didn't do a wholeot in those two games vs Bama
    yeah.. am pulling for gallman, but not the back i'd of chosen for the NYG in that draft class. I can see why they liked his skill set though... appears to offer enough cut/lateral ability to make a first guy miss, and enough of YAC to get the tough yards. Not sure if that can translate to the NFL like you say. Hoping for the best.

Comment

He's an Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by DVision View Post
        He's an Eagle
        * Ea-gal

Comment

How did the Eagles out do the Giants? Man they own us. Looks like it's the Perkins Vereen Gallman show in 2017. I'm ok with Perkins.
          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            How did the Eagles out do the Giants? Man they own us. Looks like it's the Perkins Vereen Gallman show in 2017. I'm ok with Perkins.
            Easy, the Giants only wanted him at their price. Translation, they werent that interested. Rather see the young RBs anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
              Easy, the Giants only wanted him at their price. Translation, they werent that interested. Rather see the young RBs anyways.
              I agree, but they did try and failed. Oh well. No biggie IMO.

Comment

I agree, but they did try and failed. Oh well. No biggie IMO.
                Our rb depth is horrible. A second year player with about a half season experince, two rbs coming off season ending injuries, and a 4th round draft pick.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                  Our rb depth is horrible. A second year player with about a half season experince, two rbs coming off season ending injuries, and a 4th round draft pick.
                  Yet our OL is in much worse shape. If we weren't getting an elite RB it wouldn't help much. Blount would be a goalline RB. Gallman is now that. I think Perkins is special though as an every down back. Just my opinion.

Comment

We offered him a minimum contract, so that means we had little interest but are happy with the RBs we have in house.

Comment

Yet our OL is in much worse shape. If we weren't getting an elite RB it wouldn't help much. Blount would be a goalline RB. Gallman is now that. I think Perkins is special though as an every down back. Just my opinion.
                      Gallman doesn't weigh 245 though. Big difference​ between 210 and 245. Now we get to watch Blount pound it in against us well Perkins and Gallman get stuffed. Being shifty usually doesn't help down near goal line
                      Last edited by miked1958; 05-18-2017, 07:14 PM.
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                      X