Blount: Down to Detroit or NYG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blount: Down to Detroit or NYG?

I don't know how reliable this is, but according to this article and a Detroit Sports Writer, it's down to the the Lions or Giants for Blount.
    "The Detroit Lions and New York Giants, both in desperate need of help in their backfields, are the two teams left vying for the Patriots lead rusher in the 2016 season."

http://www.12up.com/posts/4949204-re...nt?a_aid=41147

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
    I don't know how reliable this is, but according to this article and a Detroit Sports Writer, it's down to the the Lions or Giants for Blount.
    "The Detroit Lions and New York Giants, both in desperate need of help in their backfields, are the two teams left vying for the Patriots lead rusher in the 2016 season."

http://www.12up.com/posts/4949204-re...nt?a_aid=41147
    After drafting a RB Gallman you would think that they would not persue Blount. But not according to this posted 15 minutes ago

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/5/2/...-detroit-lions
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I guess maybe because Gallman is only 6'1 and 210 and Blount is about the same height and 245
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        I guess maybe because Gallman is only 6'1 and 210 and Blount is about the same height and 245
        I think it comes down to having a veteran presence on the team for those critical moments.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

After drafting a RB Gallman you would think that they would not persue Blount. But not according to this posted 15 minutes ago

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/5/2/...-detroit-lions
          Gallman is a rookie who never played in the NFL, Blont is a proven commodity I think that is why.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
            I think it comes down to having a veteran presence on the team for those critical moments.
            Yes as it stands now the only vet would be Vereen and he can't stay healthy and is not an every down back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

I'm not eager for the Giants to sign him. I think he's a function of the NE system and won't be worth much outside of it.

I also think he's a bit of a fumbler and that isn't attractive in RBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                I'm not eager for the Giants to sign him. I think he's a function of the NE system and won't be worth much outside of it.

Last season 337 touches (299 rushing, 38 receiving) only 2 fumbles , 5 in the past 5 seasons. Those stats are not bad.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

He's fumbled 8 times in the last 5 years.

Comment

Yes as it stands now the only vet would be Vereen and he can't stay healthy and is not an every down back
                    I think he would be a good addition.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                      Last season 337 touches (299 rushing, 38 receiving) only 2 fumbles , 5 in the past 5 seasons. Those stats are not bad.
                      http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BlouLe00.htm

Comment

J. Charles just signed one year deal with Denver so one less FA RB available

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

So one less RB FA.. No comments?

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

So one less RB FA.. No comments?
                            I don't think many Giants' fans care. Blount is the only one that realistically could wind up in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                              I don't think many Giants' fans care. Blount is the only one that realistically could wind up in NY.
                              Well the Charles signing could effect us. Other teams might start panicking and pull the trigger on Blount even if Charles may have been their target. My point is teams looking at Charles as a possibility may now shift their interest to Blount meaning more then 2 teams

Plus Charles got a deal for 1 year worth up to 3 75 Million

4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE

Comment

Working...
                              X