Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pats "tender" Blount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I think this tender does not cost us a pick, but would net one for the Pats. Thats just what I heard. Either way, I dont want Blount. Never did.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
      I think this tender does not cost us a pick, but would net one for the Pats. Thats just what I heard. Either way, I dont want Blount. Never did.
      This tender isn't an offer made to Blount. It just allows him to continue counting towards their future compensatory picks and against any team that signs him. That could very well be a reason why teams had been holding out on signing him. Teams like Baltimore wait for these deadlines to end to make depth moves, because they like to avoid signings counting against them whenever possible, and I could see this taking them out of the market if they were in fact interested in him.

      Comment


      • #18
        The "tender offer" has been used so infrequently that an NFL source could not recall the last time it was used.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
          becasue perkins makes the first guy miss. crucial to the system.
          And Blont has Jacobs or Bradshaw type power he is a power back what holes our O-line doesn't make for Blont he will make for himself, it really comes down to talent level last year Perkins was a really good talented back, the rest of or RB's stunk that is the bottom line here.

          we are a win now team we have to do anything to improve our team getting Blont greatly improves our team, our running game. A lot of people in the media are saying we are favorites to win the NFC East my philosophy is once you make the playoffs anything is possible, its really a crapshoot whoever gets hot at the right time its not like our last two super bowls we were the best on paper...
          Last edited by Donnie Yen; 05-11-2017, 03:47 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
            Why do we want Blount? We have like 6 RBs on our roster right now. If I were to predict the chance that the Giants get Blount I'd put it at 1%.
            Because none of them has Blount's skill when it comes to putting the ball on the ground

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
              And Blont has Jacobs or Bradshaw type power he is a power back what holes our O-line doesn't make for Blont he will make for himself, it really comes down to talent level last year Perkins was a really good talented back, the rest of or RB's stunk that is the bottom line here.

              we are a win now team we have to do anything to improve our team getting Blont greatly improves our team, our running game. A lot of people in the media are saying we are favorites to win the NFC East my philosophy is once you make the playoffs anything is possible, its really a crapshoot whoever gets hot at the right time its not like our last two super bowls we were the best on paper...
              I agree with you about the current backs, but Blount doesn't make holes for himself and Jacobs never did either. He danced around looking for one but if it wasn't there, he didn't create it, despite his size.

              Comment


              • #22
                Are you referring to how hard a runner he is or do you mean he fumbles a lot he really doesn't fumble a lot all of last year he either fumbled 2 or three times all year?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                  Are you referring to how hard a runner he is or do you mean he fumbles a lot he really doesn't fumble a lot all of last year he either fumbled 2 or three times all year?
                  Yes

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    Yes
                    then that settles it!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Onyxmeth View Post
                      What are the numbers 210 and 245 in reference to?
                      Weight my man!! Sorry. After re-reading it I realized I was kinda vague not using the words weighs or weight or pounds, lol..

                      But wouldn't​ you rather have a guy like Blount who the could use as a battering ram down around the goal line vs the lighter guys?? Not saying they can't get it done but Blount would give us and added feature/Bonus we don't have now
                      Last edited by miked1958; 05-11-2017, 11:18 PM.
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        Weight my man!! Sorry. After re-reading it I realized I was kinda vague not using the words weighs or weight or pounds, lol..

                        But wouldn't​ you rather have a guy like Blount who the could use as a battering ram down around the goal line vs the lighter guys?? Not saying they can't get it done but Blount would give us and added feature/Bonus we don't have now
                        They're RBs. I don't put a lot of stock in a vet presence.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X