drew brees?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drew brees?

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="swimeasy"] Competing fanbases have called Brees a system qb which was a tag that haters attached to Eli. [/quote]There's no hate in calling a QB a system QB, every good QB is a system QB.

Hell, Joe Montana was a system QB. Say Eli couldn't throw a skinny post, and Gilbride called it every series, Eli would be in the wrong system and either Gilbride or Eli would be fired or cut respectively.

If Brees goes, that doesn't mean the next guy up picks up where Brees left off, and has a great year. No, the Saints will tailor their system to that player and it will be heavily compromised. Brees can run everything in that system, like no one else can. Eli can run everything in our system, like no one else can.

This isn't to put you on the spot, it's just a huge misconception in my opinion.[/quote]

It's all good gmen []

My take is how 'system QB' is used in context. I agree, as a team sport, in the most generic sense, all team QBs are system QBs and good teams will seek to maximize the skill set of the player in this key position by adding players that compliment their skills. But I also think that some opposing fans have reinvented the definition and do use it to suggest in a denigrating way that a system QB is lacking in some skills and if you strip away the supporting cast that will expose the QB limitations. That is what I have come across during the Eli Elite saga.

Comment

like Peyton would sign with the Saints.I think he stays put n Indy for a couple years.

Comment

[quote user="bronxvgiant"]like Peyton would sign with the Saints.[/quote]
        Why not? It's his hometown team and his father played for them.
        The question is more "why on earth would the Saints let Drew Brees go?" The answer is "They wouldn't".

Comment

brees was offered the largest contract of $18M a yr for 5 yrs..he will only make $14M if he doesnt negotiate..the aints also may lose nicks and colsten because they were unable to be franchised thus they are ufa..

Comment

Working...
          X