• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Flynn to Seahawks

Flynn just signed with the Seachickens
    3yrs 26 Million

Looks like Miami keeps getting screwed

Re: Matt Flynn to Seahawks

It's a blessing in disguise. I would never sign a career backup that was in GB's system. It's like Cassel. Two very overrated players.

Comment

yea u have a point, but who is Miami's QB now?
      they don't really have anyone. They have Matt Moore and Pat Devlin lol

Dolphins message board is about to go crazy

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]It's a blessing in disguise. I would never sign a career backup that was in GB's system. It's like Cassel. Two very overrated players.[/quote]

+1
        Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Vince Young... Given the right situation, he could be a winner.

Comment

[quote user="DownWitJPP"]yea u have a point, but who is Miami's QB now?
            they don't really have anyone. They have Matt Moore and Pat Devlin lol

Dolphins message board is about to go crazy[/quote]
            Vince Young, if given the right situation, could thrive as a starter.

Comment

Crossing my fingers for Alex Smith to go to the Dolphins (already visiting) and for Peyton to go to Tennessee. That way, the 49ers will be screwed without a QB.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Crossing my fingers for Alex Smith to go to the Dolphins (already visiting) and for Peyton to go to Tennessee. That way, the 49ers will be screwed without a QB.[/quote]
                they'd go for Vince Young lol

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]It's a blessing in disguise. I would never sign a career backup that was in GB's system. It's like Cassel. Two very overrated players.[/quote]Yeah and Miami is running GB's system. That was the perfect fit. Flynn is going to most likely bust in Seattle if they don't tailor their system to him.

And that isn't a stab at Flynn. There are very very very few QBs who could succeed in any system. Good coaches tailor their systems for a QB. People throw the term "system QB" around, but it really isn't relevant. Every QB has weaknesses and strengths, it is the coaches job to put the QB, in particular, in a system that suits him. The Packers knew how to do that, and he looked solid in two starts, but if the Seahawks perceive the kid to just be a solid overall QB, than they are probably in for another Charlie Whitehurst-type mistake.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Crossing my fingers for Alex Smith to go to the Dolphins (already visiting) and for Peyton to go to Tennessee. That way, the 49ers will be screwed without a QB.[/quote]
                    they'd go for Vince Young lol[/quote]Or stick with Kaepernick. I like Kaepernick, I don't think people should write him off just yet.

Comment

i forgot SF had Kaepernick.. I thought for sure Flynn was going to Miami with Philbin taking over as head coach.

Comment

Matt Moore's really not so bad. He's not a worldbeater, but he's more than serviceable

In his most recent start, weren't most of Flynn's touchdowns really short throws that just ended up going long?

He would have been good in Philbin's system, but I don't think he's anything special

Comment

[quote user="Axels15"]Matt Moore's really not so bad. He's not a worldbeater, but he's more than serviceable[/quote]Lol yeah if he has to earn his job. He is good when he has to beat out the starter, but he has been handed the job twice now I believe as the incumbent starter and he's pissed it away twice.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Crossing my fingers for Alex Smith to go to the Dolphins (already visiting) and for Peyton to go to Tennessee. That way, the 49ers will be screwed without a QB.[/quote]
                            they'd go for Vince Young lol[/quote]Or stick with Kaepernick. I like Kaepernick, I don't think people should write him off just yet.[/quote]It's not so much that Kaep will be a horrible QB but you have to imagine his rookie mistakes will cost the 49ers a game or two. He could possibly choke in the playoffs as well and as underwhelming as Smith is, he proved he could lead the 49ers to comebacks last season. Can Kaep win games from behind?

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Crossing my fingers for Alex Smith to go to the Dolphins (already visiting) and for Peyton to go to Tennessee. That way, the 49ers will be screwed without a QB.[/quote]
                              they'd go for Vince Young lol[/quote]Or stick with Kaepernick. I like Kaepernick, I don't think people should write him off just yet.[/quote]It's not so much that Kaep will be a horrible QB but you have to imagine his rookie mistakes will cost the 49ers a game or two. He could possibly choke in the playoffs as well and as underwhelming as Smith is, he proved he could lead the 49ers to comebacks last season. Can Kaep win games from behind?[/quote]The kid has mobility, a strong arm and a HC who definitely knows the ins and outs of the position.

Not really that informed on his intangibles though, but I think if Alex Smith could be made a solid QB by Harbaugh, Kaep can be even better. Lets not forget, Alex Smith was a dog **** QB 2 years ago haha. Harbaugh, having seen Kaep in practice and limited snaps probably has a nice little feel for him and knows what will work.

I'm just anxious to see how well I evaluated last years QBs. I hated almost every "first-tier QB" and preferred the second tier guys.

1. Andy Dalton
                              2. Christian Ponder
                              3. Colin Kaepernick
                              4. Jake Locker
                              5. Cam Newton

..were my rankings IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X