Brandon jacobs visit any teams yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon jacobs visit any teams yet?

crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?

Re: Brandon jacobs visit any teams yet?

[quote user="Harooni"]crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?[/quote]At times in the past, I was mad at him for the way he acted. Yet I started to think... It may not be his fault that his production went down and as a matter of fact, he has improved.

They said he tipped toe a lot. Well sometimes that is needed when your O-lines doesn't beat their opponets or run them to the ground. A back needs to sometimes hesitate a little so that he wouldn't run into another player. When a rb does that, the fans talk bad about him and when he hesistate some, they get on him for that so he can't win.

BJ doing the things on the field shows that he has learned the different types of lines. He needs to go to the 49ers.

Comment

Because running backs are a dime a dozen?

Experience for what? how to run?
      "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

Any running back getting at the LOS won't have a very good year. Jacobs shines when he gets to the second level of a defense so he didn't have a fair chance. Do we blame the running backs or the oline for being last in the league in rushing? I think we all can agree that the oline should shoulder most of the blame
        The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

With all that said no one answered the OPs question. Has BJ been invited to come in for a look by any of the other 31 teams as of yet?
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?[/quote]

There isn't a lot of demand for a 6'5", 270 Lb. running back that tip-toes into the line and is terrible in short yardage plays. Espeically, when this same "Ron Dayne" clone constantly opens his mouth and makes a fool out of himself and his team.

Comment

[quote user="Hooligans"][quote user="Harooni"]crazy why does every team think a young RB is the way to go? what about experience?[/quote]

There isn't a lot of demand for a 6'5", 270 Lb. running back that tip-toes into the line and is terrible in short yardage plays. Espeically, when this same "Ron Dayne" clone constantly opens his mouth and makes a fool out of himself and his team.[/quote]

Jacobs is amongst the leaders in the major franchise rushing categories. Using Ron Dayne's name is just moronic.

Comment

While I'd like him back, I still don't think it's likely he'll return.

After Peyton Hillis, it took some time for Mike Tolbert to sign.

BJ will get a look from other teams, but likely after Michael Bush, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cedric Benson, and Justin Forsett.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]With all that said no one answered the OPs question. Has BJ been invited to come in for a look by any of the other 31 teams as of yet?[/quote]

A simple question that can't be answered. I was curious to know if he had any invites also. According to the responses here... I guess not.
                  "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

as much as i like jacobs, you can't relly blame the o-line because Bradshaw also works with that same o-line and manages to make something out of nothing with a bum foot.
                    I would give BJ 2.5 million a year, with a stipulation that we deduct $25k every time he doesn't go north-south. let's see how quickly he learns. he got hired as a battering ram, and should be used as one.

Comment

[quote user="Tommy3rd"]as much as i like jacobs, you can't relly blame the o-line because Bradshaw also works with that same o-line and manages to make something out of nothing with a bum foot.
                      I would give BJ 2.5 million a year, with a stipulation that we deduct $25k every time he doesn't go north-south. let's see how quickly he learns. he got hired as a battering ram, and should be used as one.[/quote]

Ahmad Bradshaw = 3.9 YPC
                      Brandon Jacobs = 3.8 YPC

Comment

BJ wont get picked up till injurys occure during the season. My perdiction is Pittsburg bc of Mendenhall may not be ready for 2012

Comment

To be honest, I am one of those people who feel unless you can get an elite RB, its the OL that is the more important to the running game. Fix the OL and you can start running the ball. Dont try for a better RB with a weak OL, it wont matter. </P>

Bradshaw, Scott (as long as he gets work done on the fumbling issue), Ware, Brown would be fine RBs with us as long as the OL gets push, unlike last year.</P>

Think about the year we had Jacobs and Ward go over 1K, it was the OL. not the backs. </P>

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="Tommy3rd"]as much as i like jacobs, you can't relly blame the o-line because Bradshaw also works with that same o-line and manages to make something out of nothing with a bum foot. I would give BJ 2.5 million a year, with a stipulation that we deduct $25k every time he doesn't go north-south. let's see how quickly he learns. he got hired as a battering ram, and should be used as one.[/quote] Ahmad Bradshaw = 3.9 YPC Brandon Jacobs = 3.8 YPC[/quote]</P>

Again, OL issue, not the RB issue. </P>

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="Tommy3rd"]as much as i like jacobs, you can't relly blame the o-line because Bradshaw also works with that same o-line and manages to make something out of nothing with a bum foot.
                              I would give BJ 2.5 million a year, with a stipulation that we deduct $25k every time he doesn't go north-south. let's see how quickly he learns. he got hired as a battering ram, and should be used as one.[/quote]

Ahmad Bradshaw = 3.9 YPC
                              Brandon Jacobs = 3.8 YPC[/quote]This. It's the OL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X