Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEMECO RYANS TRADED TO EAGLES???

What in the world?

"The Philadelphia Eagles announced on Tuesday that they have agreed to terms on a trade with the Houston Texans, giving up a fourth-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft for linebacker DeMeco Ryans.

The teams will also exchange third-round picks as part of the deal, with the Texans getting the 77th overall choice and the Eagles getting No. 89."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Re: DEMECO RYANS TRADED TO EAGLES???

yeah, it's a nice pick up for them. He's a good player and will help solidify the middle.

Comment

Would have liked JR to pull off that one!

Comment

I really don't understand it. I didn't watch many Texans games last year, his numbers fell off maybe he's not a good fit for 3-4?

Either way, I'm surprised his value was so low. I guess he is a big salary though.

Comment

BTW I'm sure Mods will move this thread because it's not about the Giants, but I don't agree with that policy. The eagles making a trade like this is def. of great interest to Giants fans.

I think that big roster moves for division rivals should be OK for TAGF

Comment

Yeah he has a big salary so the low asking price makes it look like a cap dump.

Comment

If Kuechly falls to the 20s then we should trade up and snatch him up.

Comment

[quote user="GfieldGmen"]If Kuechly falls to the 20s then we should trade up and snatch him up.[/quote]

I don't see Kuechly getting past Seattle @ 12

Comment

Not sure why the Texans are dumping so much salary cap space... and quality starters.

Comment

I see Kuechly very much falling to us. As far as Seattle, I can see them feeling compelled to add offensive weapons with Matt Flynn in the fold.

Comment

[quote user="flimflam"]I see Kuechly very much falling to us. As far as Seattle, I can see them feeling compelled to add offensive weapons with Matt Flynn in the fold.[/quote]

Very doubtful on Kuechly falling to us but anything is possible (ala Prince last year).

@OP: Its a decent pickup for the Eagles but not something that's going to make me sweat the Eagles particularly.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="dubee_j"]What in the world?

"The Philadelphia Eagles announced on Tuesday that they have agreed to terms on a trade with the Houston Texans, giving up a fourth-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft for linebacker DeMeco Ryans.

The teams will also exchange third-round picks as part of the deal, with the Texans getting the 77th overall choice and the Eagles getting No. 89."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack[/quote]

damn fine move
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

WTF?!</P>

Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick! How the F%$# do the Eagles continue to rob other teams blind with trades? Ryans is a very good LB. I would of loved the Giants to trade their 3rd for him.</P>

Every year the Eagles pull off these trades that favor them so freaking much. Kolb for an early 2nd round pick and a 1st round CB?! I know Kolb would be nothing more then average. But the Cards didnt? Now the Texans give up their former DROY MLB for a 4th round pick! </P>

Does Andy Reid and company have photos to blackmail all these teams?</P>

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

WTF?!</p>

Demeco Ryans for a 4th round pick! How the F%$# do the Eagles continue to rob other teams blind with trades? Ryans is a very good LB. I would of loved the Giants to trade their 3rd for him.</p>

Every year the Eagles pull off these trades that favor them so freaking much. Kolb for an early 2nd round pick and a 1st round CB?! I know Kolb would be nothing more then average. But the Cards didnt? Now the Texans give up their former DROY MLB for a 4th round pick! </p>

Does Andy Reid and company have photos to blackmail all these teams?</p>[/quote]

they got a 4th round pic kand upgraded their third orund pick for a guy that has a high salary and doesn't fit their defense. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the Eagles. They make some real nice moves like this from time to time..

question is, why wasn't the texans more vocal about this, they prob could of gotten a LITTLE more.

The problem is that LBers are not getting signed in this offseason and he has a huge contract from here on out. I mean Lofton is still out there and Tulloch JUST got signed yesterday
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

People also have to remember, Wade Phillips changed the D to a 3-4. Ryans was not a good fit for it. In a 4-3, which Philly has, he will thrive. But I do agree, the Eagles stole him. A 4th rounder? Houston could have held out for a higher pick.
                              “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
                              ― George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X