• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodell lowers boom on the Saints

Damn!! they got nailed. I guess we can beat them this year haha
    </p>

</p>

As expected, Commissioner Roger Goodell has hit the Saints hard for the bounty system that was employed for three seasons.</p>

Per a league source, head coach Sean Payton has been suspended for the full year.</p>

But it could have been worse for Payton. Former Saints defensive
    coordinator Gregg Williams has been suspended indefinitely.
    (Presumably, that means at least a year.)</p>

Also, G.M. Mickey Loomis has been suspended for eight games.</p>

Re: Goodell lowers boom on the Saints

Im from down south in Louisiana and I'm glad to say THAT"S GOOD FOR THEY A**.

Comment

Just saw it and said the same thing, WOW !
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

the message is loud and clear....

Comment

They should have taken the Saints next year 1st Rd pick instead of a 2nd Rd.

Comment

The only thing that surprises me is that Payton got hit so hard. I guess you can make the argument that he's the guy in charge and had to have known about it and condoned it, even if it wasn't his idea.

Comment

One year for Payton is ok, should have been worse. I was hoping Williams was going to get banned. I think Loomis should have gotten at least a year also, but Goodell had to think of the team and owner.

I'm waiting to see what happens to the players involved. NFLPA asked Goodell to wait until after their investigation.
              I miss Red Hook

Comment

<span class="genmed">

Suspending Sean Payton for the season (starting April 1st)

Suspending GM Loomis for the first 8 games of the season

Suspending Asst Head Coach for first 6 games

(all without pay)

Lose 2nd round draft pick for both 2012 and 2013 NFL draft

fined $500,000

...I think <font color="#ff0000">that's all</font>
                </span>

Comment

[quote user="NYG_88"]They should have taken the Saints next year 1st Rd pick instead of a 2nd Rd.[/quote]

2 2nd rounders is worth about as much as one 1st for a team that's usually picking in the late 20s or 30s. And this is a more immediate impact since they lose a pick this year instead of just next year.

Comment

Wow, Goodell really hit them where it hurts. Lost draft picks won't kill a team, but this can.
                    Coupled with the Brees contract issues, this could be a lost season for them.

Comment

He isnt done yet, he is going after the players in round 2.

And people were saying that Goodell didnt have the balls to do anything, lol!

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="NYG_88"]They should have taken the Saints next year 1st Rd pick instead of a 2nd Rd.[/quote]

2 2nd rounders is worth about as much as one 1st for a team that's usually picking in the late 20s or 30s. And this is a more immediate impact since they lose a pick this year instead of just next year.[/quote]

Thats true but I was just saying that they should have taken the Saints 2nd round pick this year and their 1st rd pick next year, but I hear what your are saying.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]He isnt done yet, he is going after the players in round 2.

And people were saying that Goodell didnt have the balls to do anything, lol![/quote]

LMAO! Players may take the hardest hits of them all.. I guess they organized everything (pay scale) and paid the fines out..

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Wow, Goodell really hit them where it hurts. Lost draft picks won't kill a team, but this can.
                            Coupled with the Brees contract issues, this could be a lost season for them.[/quote]

Ha ha, better get that contract done before the GM gets iced for half a season!

Comment

[quote user="NYG_88"]They should have taken the Saints next year 1st Rd pick instead of a 2nd Rd.[/quote]100 % RIGHT ON BROTHER

Comment

Working...
                              X