WOW Sean Payton suspended for full season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW Sean Payton suspended for full season

Just saw it on sportscenter...that's GREAT for our chances to repeat. Their Gm is suspended 8 games and Gregg Williams (though with STL now) is suspended indefinitely.

They fully deserve this imo. I don't have a problem with performance bonuses for stats and big plays etc, but when you're actually trying to physically ruin people's games, seasons or careers, you've crossed the line. There is no place for that in this league. For once I'm pleased with something Goodell has done. For more reasons than one, like I said this is great for our chances to repeat haha. The Saints were our biggest threat and while they will still be very good this will weaken them to a degree. They also lost two 2nd round picks.

Re: WOW Sean Payton suspended for full season

What do you do if you're New Orleans? Is someone going to come in from the current staff just to know they lose their job next year? Or do you clean house and start over?

Comment

Could not have happened to a guy more deserving. They should make him wear a scarlet letter if he returns to the sidelines.

Comment

You can bet you @ss he'll be coaching from a cell phone or skype or something. He should have been suspended for 2 yrs and williams banned for life.
        I miss Red Hook

Comment

Spags will be the head coach for the Saints I bet

Comment

might i suggest</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"]What do you do if you're New Orleans? Is someone going to come in from the current staff just to know they lose their job next year? Or do you clean house and start over?[/quote]Spags will be the Head Coach

Comment

Good. I hope he has fun

Comment

They will most likely put one of the coordinators as an interim coach. I'm curious to see which players get suspended.

Comment

We know from earlier reports that the Saints' owner told both Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton to put an end to the practice after they originally lied to the NFL in 2010 about the practice. If I were Benson, I'd seriously consider a change in coaches and GM. Not so sure that will happen given the almighty quest for winning, but how does Benson now trust those two?
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="greenca190"]What do you do if you're New Orleans? Is someone going to come in from the current staff just to know they lose their job next year? Or do you clean house and start over?[/quote]Spags will be the Head Coach[/quote]

He's already taken, no? Are they going to not look at his tenure in St. Louis?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

A whole season? Good!

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="greenca190"]What do you do if you're New Orleans? Is someone going to come in from the current staff just to know they lose their job next year? Or do you clean house and start over?[/quote]Spags will be the Head Coach[/quote]

I would assume Pete Carmichael the OC.

He took over on the field for Payton when his leg was busted.

Iron Hand Goodell strikes again!

P.S. - Sean Payton just got fined $6,000,000 muhahahaha!
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="greenca190"]What do you do if you're New Orleans? Is someone going to come in from the current staff just to know they lose their job next year? Or do you clean house and start over?[/quote]Spags will be the Head Coach[/quote]

I would assume Pete Carmichael the OC.

He took over on the field for Payton when his leg was busted.

Iron Hand Goodell strikes again!

P.S. - Sean Payton just got fined $6,000,000 muhahahaha![/quote]

Carmichael is likely. That said I'd like to see Goodell take care of retired players since he's making it a point to address player safety.

Comment

[quote user="C1010"]. That said I'd like to see Goodell take care of retired players since he's making it a point to address player safety.
                              [/quote]

Won't happen past some token changes. That's all ownership.
                              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Working...
                              X