Manningham contract details

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manningham contract details

The 49ers and Manningham agreed to a two-year, $7.375 million contract that includes a $2 million signing bonus and another $2.45 million in salary guarantees, the source said.

Manningham's base salaries are $1.2 million in 2012 and $3.6 million in 2013. He is scheduled to count $4.887 on the 49ers' 2013 salary cap.
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...e_salarie.html

This is the big money he wanted? Less than Laurent Robinson and not even close to Josh Morgan.

Baffled...
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Re: Manningham contract details

Damn.. now I wish we kept him.. that is a CHEAP price for a guy of his talent... I guess he just left for the extra reps he will get there

Comment

Wow, his agent must be as dumb as he is. </P>

Why on earth would he sign a deal like that? He is in his prime, and signs a 2yr 7M contract in a non friendly WR system to let Alex Smith throw him the ball?</P>

Comment

thanks for info</P>

yeah that doesn't seem like much ... and is he sure Alex Smith and a conservative niners offense will bolster his career even as a starter? or was he thinking Peyton might sign there</P>

he would have had more yards as a Giant and coulda hit the market in 2014 when more $$ was avail for FAs</P>

interesting</P>

Comment

lol, this could be a worse decision than the steve smith one.

Good luck getting the ball on deep routes with Alex Smith throwing to you.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Why on earth would he sign a deal like that? He is in his prime, and signs a 2yr 7M contract in a non friendly WR system to let Alex Smith throw him the ball?</P>[/quote]

Because in 2014 the cap goes up by $20 million and he's still making more money then the Giants offered (almost double in fact).

It's a good contract for him (not great, but good).
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Yea as soon as I got word of this I thought to myself how dumb could he or is his agent be... then and realized who we are talking about.

All jokes aside this is a terrible contract for Rio. Why the hell would you not want to resign with us, we could of easily afforded that.

I hope he's not expecting to break out with Alex Smith throwing to him in attempt to up his value and get a new contract after two years. Just a dumb move.
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

BTW they might have pitched them getting Peyton Manning to Rio.

How funny would that be if that was part of his decision making?
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I look at this contract and then Pierre Garcon's.

Oh lawdy, the NFL is hilarious sometimes.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="TuckYou"]

Why on earth would he sign a deal like that? He is in his prime, and signs a 2yr 7M contract in a non friendly WR system to let Alex Smith throw him the ball?</P>

[/quote] Because in 2014 the cap goes up by $20 million and he's still making more money then the Giants offered (almost double in fact). It's a good contract for him (not great, but good).[/quote]</P>

But Im sure he could of gotten a 5yr 35M like 16M Guaranteed somewhere, thats what Robinson got in Jax and MM is better then him. I dont see the cap increase doing anything to his contract. This was just a bad deal for him. If he gets hurt in the next 2 years now, he ruins his shot at the big money WRs are getting. </P>

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]BTW they might have pitched them getting Peyton Manning to Rio.

How funny would that be if that was part of his decision making?[/quote]

Audio

In this interview he said he knew about Peyton but signed knowing Alex was good enough for him to get it done.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

this is stunning. Rosenhaus has clearly lost a step.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] Because in 2014 the cap goes up by $20 million and he's still making more money then the Giants offered (almost double in fact). It's a good contract for him (not great, but good).[/quote]</P>

But Im sure he could of gotten a 5yr 35M like 16M Guaranteed somewhere, thats what Robinson got in Jax and MM is better then him. I dont see the cap increase doing anything to his contract. This was just a bad deal for him. If he gets hurt in the next 2 years now, he ruins his shot at the big money WRs are getting. </P>[/quote]

Wow you really thought MM was getting $7mil a year?!

I figured 5 tops 3-4 years ... he got a bit less then 4 a year and 2 years (and the 2 years was most likely on purpose due to the cap raise).

Jacksonville WAYYYY over paid for Robinson (given his body of work) however Robineson way out performed MM this year. And he showed something that MM has never been able to ... consistancy (same with Garcon).

Now having said all that, can you imagine how much Cruz is going to cost us if he has another year like 2011, in 2012? Ouch.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]lol, this could be a worse decision than the steve smith one.

Good luck getting the ball on deep routes with Alex Smith throwing to you.[/quote]

Actually Alex threw the deep ball pretty well against us. He was 2 for 2 with 2 TD's to Davis! With Moss and Manningham they should be much better at stretching the field. Especially if they still stick to the run and use play action. They just need to give Alex some time to throw.

Comment

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]BTW they might have pitched them getting Peyton Manning to Rio.

How funny would that be if that was part of his decision making?[/quote]

Audio

In this interview he said he knew about Peyton but signed knowing Alex was good enough for him to get it done.[/quote]

Good lord he's impossible to listen to.

Like trying to watch a head of broccoli figure out a Rubik's cube.

And wow he didn't sound very happy about Alex Smith at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X