Donte Hightower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donte Hightower

I really like this kid from Alabama. he is a fast hard hitting LB that plays in the middle. Based on my opinion and mock drafts out there he will not make it past the Steelers or Ravens.

With the Rivers trade and Blackburn coming back. If he is on the board at 32. Will the Giants pass on him even if he is the BPA?

Re: Donte Hightower

I'd say so. His skill sets and talents would be wasted here for the most part.

Comment

He won't be there.

Levonte David - though he may not be there either.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

can you please give me a reason as to why you want to spend a late round 1st on arguably the third best LB in the draft?

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"]can you please give me a reason as to why you want to spend a late round 1st on arguably the third best LB in the draft?
          [/quote]

Because it's a position we don't have a long term solution for and he is more than likely the only LB that we might get a shot at (big might). Not to mention he has the intangibles that the Giants covet.

Comment

Would you rather draft the fourth best DT?

Comment

[quote user="hugehomer"]Would you rather draft the fourth best DT?
              [/quote]

IMO he is the 4th best. I have Kuechly, Wagner, David and then Hightower.

Edit...thought you said LB...not DT.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Donte is a beast and that is why he will be gone by the 32nd pick..

Comment

[quote user="hugehomer"]Would you rather draft the fourth best DT?
                  [/quote]

This argument makes no sense.

Its like saying RG3 shouldnt be the #2 overall pick because hes the second quarterback, when they can take the first punter instead.

The 4th DT can be a better player than the 1st LB.

As for Hightower, he would be a Sam for the giants. But they already have a few players and some depth at OLB.

Comment

[quote user="Bones911"]I really like this kid from Alabama. he is a fast hard hitting LB that plays in the middle. Based on my opinion and mock drafts out there he will not make it past the Steelers or Ravens.

With the Rivers trade and Blackburn coming back. If he is on the board at 32. Will the Giants pass on him even if he is the BPA?[/quote]
                    Watched this kid play all last season for Alabama. No way he is there at 32.
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Not going to happen
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]Not going to happen[/quote]</P>

this...</P>

We have 9 LB on the roster now. Were going o-line at 32. </P>
                        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I'll bet the Steelers take him in the 1st. After they do, he'll probably turn out to be a beast and be a huge piece on Pittsburgh's defense. Just the way it seems to work out with the linebackers that squad winds up with.

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Bones911"]I really like this kid from Alabama. he is a fast hard hitting LB that plays in the middle. Based on my opinion and mock drafts out there he will not make it past the Steelers or Ravens.

With the Rivers trade and Blackburn coming back. If he is on the board at 32. Will the Giants pass on him even if he is the BPA?[/quote]
                            Watched this kid play all last season for Alabama. No way he is there at 32.[/quote]

I agree, I watched almost every Alabama game. He will be gone by 32. He is the real deal week after week on the best defense in College football

Comment

I'd prefer the BPA available at # 32 regardless of position (besides QB). I'm hoping that it'll be on the d-line, secondary, or o-line.

Comment

Working...
                              X