Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone think RGIII will turn out? Are you worried?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does everyone think RGIII will turn out? Are you worried?

I think RGIII has the skillset, work ethic, and everything else you need to be a successful QB in the NFL. However, sometimes that isn't enough. I believe it all depends on the Redskins organization. If he doesn't pan out it is their fault.

Re: How does everyone think RGIII will turn out? Are you worried?

Realistically with any OTHER organization he could be a nightmare for the Giants and their fans in 2-3 years....luckily for us and the Giants Snyder is still running the ship and their front office is atrocious....he will still make plays but the Redskins won't surround him with the appropriate personnel to make them a contender.......until they're sold or flip their front office......as you've noted...

Comment

You have to be worried any time another potential franchise QB comes into your division . . . . .

Comment

Good thing that we have to deal with vick twice..we know how to get to a running qb..if RGIII is anything like him..we are prepared...but those deadskins..dont have weapons for RGIII.

Comment

Last year, I (among many others) thought Cam Newton wasn't going to be good in the NFL. Well we know how that turned out. So I'm hoping for the opposite this year. RGIII in my mind (among many others) will be really good. So well see how it turns out this year....

Comment

If he turns out the way he should, heck yeah I'm worried. A QB is usually in their prime around their 5th to 8th year and that just happens to fall around the same time Eli should hit his "twilight" years.

Vick isn't a long term answer for the Eagles and they are also due for a coaching change if Reid does his usual again.

While Romo is a good QB, you have to wonder how much longer they stick with him when it seems like he has hit his ceiling. Maybe he will forever be a good regular season QB and never a playoff one?

There's a decent possibility a few years down the road where the Skins will have dominance in the division when Eli's body starts slowing down and our other rivals are dealing with young QB's/new coaches.

Of course, we should also count on the possibility of Shanahan being too stubborn to put RG3 in the best situation possible as well.

Comment

Personally, I think he's been overrated. Kind of looks like Tavaris Jackson with more arm strength to me... but I'm no scout lol. We'll see how he turns out, but he's not exactly being thrust into a favorable situation with that offense

Comment

What made Peyton Manning great was, of course, the skills, talent and football accumen that he possessed, but also that the coaches recognized it and gave him a lot of control and responsibility. Calling his on plays and so on...that way, Peyton didn't have to absorb a whole lot of a new system, they built a system that worked for him and that he was very comfortable with.

RGIII will need a similar thing to happen in order for things to go as well for him as Peyton. The problem is, Shanahan is a control freak and will not budge on the "system" for any player. RGIII will become a Vick-type player and not a Peyton-type player. Shanahan understands the run-game far better than the passing game. McNabb, as much as we all blasted him when he was with the Eagles, was a decent QB with a gun. He wasn't always accurate but usually put up good numbers. Shanahan couldn't take advantage of that because he couldn't give some control to Donovan, even though McNabb has already proven himself in the NFL at a high level of production. Donovan lost his elusiveness, RGIII has it and that is what Shanahan will try to exploit. But he would be a fool...

Does anyone consider Vick "ELITE"? Not that I know of...even the eagles seem to have their doubts. Who are the top 5 QB's? Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Manning...maybe mix in Matt Stafford? Pocket passers with a couple having the ability to be somewhat elusive (Brees and Rodgers).

I definately think he can be Washingtons best QB in decades, but, that really isn't saying a whole lot.

Though RIII has been touted as being a better prospect than Cam Newton, an asterick should have been placed next to that statement saying "unless he is picked up by Washington or the Raiders"

Comment

I was always skeptical of mobile QB's, especially rookies that are coming right out of the gate.....until I seen what Cam did last year. I have no idea how RG3 will turn out but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's a stat monster.

Am I worried though? Heck no......I will never be worried about the Redskins.

Comment

I don't remember who said it a couple months back, but I believe that RG3's success in the NFL will highly depend on whether or not he is allowed to develop as a passer in his first years.

Knowing the skins as an organization and Snyder as an owner, he wants results NOW. What that could mean for RG3 is being asked to just make plays no matter what, which in his case would result in more running than he should be doing as a developing QB. That may lead to more wins for the skins this year but their young QB won't really have the opportunity to develop as a passer as much and he'll be more prone to injuries early in his career. This could potentially ruin him in the long run.

I would be more worried if they let RG3 develop as a passer and make sure he has the pass first mentality. If that happens, holy hell, look out because in a few years the Skins offense could be a force. Otherwise, yeah, he'll improve the team but not to the point where you have to be worried.

Comment

They swept us last year with Rex Grossman but some how everyone is writing the Redskins off as an awful franchise. Hmm. That confuses me. They have a good RB and just signed several pretty good receivers and have a great TE. Their offense is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

Comment

[quote user="Seducer"]They swept us last year with Rex Grossman but some how everyone is writing the Redskins off as an awful franchise.* Hmm.* That confuses me.* They have a good RB and just signed several pretty good receivers and have a great TE.* Their offense is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.[/quote]I will say...both times we played the skins, Perry Fewell was still trying to play our DL/pass rushers as CB's. Everyone agrees that our defensive gameplan was rubbish throughout most of the regular season. The skins don't do so well if we rush 4 all game long instead of 3 as Fewell did. That is the obvious point to make here, seriously!

aside from that: Andrew Luck will need to be afforded some control too to succeed in Indy...I believe he will be though...that coaching staff has no reason to be arrogant and stubborn to disallow that, BUT, these days, coaching staffs, especially OC's don't like QB's calling the plays on their own.

Comment

[quote user="hungrrrry"][quote user="Seducer"]They swept us last year with Rex Grossman but some how everyone is writing the Redskins off as an awful franchise. Hmm. That confuses me. They have a good RB and just signed several pretty good receivers and have a great TE. Their offense is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.[/quote]I will say...both times we played the skins, Perry Fewell was still trying to play our DL/pass rushers as CB's. Everyone agrees that our defensive gameplan was rubbish throughout most of the regular season. The skins don't do so well if we rush 4 all game long instead of 3 as Fewell did. That is the obvious point to make here, seriously!

aside from that: Andrew Luck will need to be afforded some control too to succeed in Indy...I believe he will be though...that coaching staff has no reason to be arrogant and stubborn to disallow that, BUT, these days, coaching staffs, especially OC's don't like QB's calling the plays on their own.[/quote]
                          I saw it a bit differently....at least the second time we faced them. Our defense did everything they could to stop Rex, specially early on. Our offense was pathetic in both games we played them, same with the Philly game we played at home.

Comment

He will end up in the ICU if get's in JPP's zone!
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

[quote user="Seducer"]They swept us last year with Rex Grossman but some how everyone is writing the Redskins off as an awful franchise. Hmm. That confuses me. They have a good RB and just signed several pretty good receivers and have a great TE. Their offense is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.[/quote]
                              Well they are an awful franchise, but not an awful team.

Comment

Working...
                              X