Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Amani Toomer... 100% Accurate.

i wish he threw in a jab about how warner is bitter about eli as well...but i love hearing amani say this.

kurt warner has been beyond obnoxious ever since he retired.

Comment

IDK on one hand I agree with Toomer. On the other hand IF Seau's death was related to CTE then you begin to ask yourself serious questions. I believe Seau's kids would trade any amount of money and luxury in the world right now to have their father back.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I don't have a problem with what Warner said...yes, he has benefitted from football, but perhaps if he knew the risks beforehand, he might have made different choices.

Comment

I didn't see a problem with what Kurt Warner said. It IS a violent sport, and you can get seriously hurt. He's not demeaning the game itself, but it is a huge risk. He's played before, he would know. Amani should know too.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Holy ****.

Seau commited suicide...What the hell does that have to do with football beyond perhaps some men struggling to cope without the game?

Do we have any basis to support that concussions lead to suicide???

What if the guy was suffering from major depressive disorder? We have far FAR more evidence to support that diagnosis leading to suicide than head trama which is beside the point as we have no data to quantify Seau's supposed head trauma in the first place.

Warner talking about being scared for his kids to play football is just Lime Light whoring at its finest.

What the hell is Warner (or Toomer for that matter) doing talking about anything that isn't X and O related?

Who cares who Warner thinks is going into the HOF or what he does with his own kids. The season hasn't started yet so...WHO TURNED THIS MAN'S MICROPHONE ON???

And all this stuff about concussions is the most gross example of wag the dog ever exhibited.

Goodell is responding to a lawsuit backlog when in actuality that major majority of the complaintants are just players who played in an era where football wasn't as lucrative and financially rewarding and these suits are a way of getting their peice of the multi-billion dollar pie. Goodell should just settle the suits and leave our god damn game alone.

Goodell is playing us fans an himself by responding to these suits by fouling up the essence of the game.
            My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]Holy ****.

Seau commited suicide...What the hell does that have to do with football beyond perhaps some men struggling to cope without the game?

What if the guy was suffering from major depressive disorder? We have far FAR more evidence to support that diagnosis leading to suicide than head trama which is beside the point as we have no data quantify Seau's supposed head trauma in the first place.

Warner talking about being scared for his kids to play football is just Lime Light whoring at its finest.

What the hell is Warner (or Toomer for that matter) doing talking about anything that isn't X and O related?

Who cares who Warner thinks is going into the HOF or what he does with his own kids. The season hasn't started yet so...WHO TURNED THIS MAN'S MICROPHONE ON???

And all this stuff about concussions is the most gross example of wag the dog ever exhibited.

Goodell is responding to a lawsuit backlog when in actuality that major majority of the complaintants are just players who played in an era where football wasn't as lucrative and financially rewarding and these suits are a way of getting their peice of the multi-billion dollar pie. Goodell should just settle the suits and leave our god damn game alone.

Goodell is playing us fans an himself by responding to these suits by fouling up the essence of the game.[/quote]
              Seriously? If you've watched ESPN at all over the past 48 hours you've heard the statistic that the suicide rate among former NFL players is 6 times the national average. Is your hypothesis that the game just happens to attract depressives?

What bothers me about Toomer's comment is that he's not questioning the validity of Warner's stance, he's basically saying "it doesn't matter if what you're saying is true, keep your mouth shut and protect the game." It's hard for me to respect that sort of ignorance.

Comment

Got to side with Kurt on this one. He didn't say no one should play the game. He said he's nervous about it for his own kids. He's a dad first. He's had a history of concussions himself. Absoultely nothing wrong with what he said.

Comment

[quote user="JDE123"][quote user="burier"]Holy ****.

What if the guy was suffering from major depressive disorder? We have far FAR more evidence to support that diagnosis leading to suicide than head trama which is beside the point as we have no data quantify Seau's supposed head trauma in the first place.

Goodell is playing us fans an himself by responding to these suits by fouling up the essence of the game.[/quote]
                  Seriously? If you've watched ESPN at all over the past 48 hours you've heard the statistic that the suicide rate among former NFL players is 6 times the national average. Is your hypothesis that the game just happens to attract depressives?

What bothers me about Toomer's comment is that he's not questioning the validity of Warner's stance, he's basically saying "it doesn't matter if what you're saying is true, keep your mouth shut and protect the game." It's hard for me to respect that sort of ignorance.[/quote]

No but why is the presumption the head trauma is the link?

I think being praised on a daily basis and having fans cheer your name on daily basis and then suddenly hearing nothing might be a good recipe for depression.

If you look at the Suicide rates for any star/public figures in general you'll see they blow alway the national avarage.

Some people can't cope with the limelight...some people can't cope without the limelight once they've tasted it...some people deal just fine...doesn't mean football should be changed to a non-contact sport.
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]Got to side with Kurt on this one. He didn't say no one should play the game. He said he's nervous about it for his own kids. He's a dad first. He's had a history of concussions himself. Absoultely nothing wrong with what he said.[/quote]

I came into this topic to say EXACTLY this. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with what Kurt Warner said. All he said is that he'd worry for his kids if they wanted to play football. There is more to life.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="JDE123"][quote user="burier"]Holy ****.

What bothers me about Toomer's comment is that he's not questioning the validity of Warner's stance, he's basically saying "it doesn't matter if what you're saying is true, keep your mouth shut and protect the game." It's hard for me to respect that sort of ignorance.[/quote]

No but why is the presumption the head trauma is the link?

I think being praised on a daily basis and having fans cheer your name on daily basis and then suddenly hearing nothing might be a good recipe for depression.

If you look at the Suicide rates for any star/public figures in general you'll see they blow alway the national avarage.

Some people can't cope with the limelight...some people can't cope without the limelight once they've tasted it...some people deal just fine...doesn't mean football should be changed to a non-contact sport.[/quote]

I think Dave Duerson's suicide (along with his suicide note citing his desire that his brain be studied for CTE) is what's driving the head trauma link. Seau shot himself in the chest, same as Duerson, which would indicate that he didn't want to put a bullet in his brain...so that it could be studied...

Comment

As much as I don't like ot say it, I'm totally with Warner on this topic. Football is an inherently dangerous, violent game. most kids who play it long term will end up with some sort of serious injury, and for him as both a parent and paid analyst, it behooves him to speak truthfully. That's what NFL Network pays him for.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"]I think Dave Duerson's suicide (along with his suicide note citing his desire that his brain be studied for CTE) is what's driving the head trauma link. Seau shot himself in the chest, same as Duerson, which would indicate that he didn't want to put a bullet in his brain...so that it could be studied...[/quote]</P>

hmmm, that is interesting</P>

very sad stuff</P>

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-of-football/
                            </P>

Warner makes a benign comment in reference to his kids not getting injured playing a sport and Toomer jumps all over him??. IMO....Toomer is the one who should STFU. I love Toomer but he way over reacted.</P>

</P>

</P>
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Does Toomer have kids?

Comment

Working...
                              X