Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belichick no stranger to waiver claiming scandals: (Giants Related)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belichick no stranger to waiver claiming scandals: (Giants Related)

In a 2007 radio interview, <FONT color=#000000>Childress detailed a conversation he had with Belichick</FONT> about the Vikings' plans to claim 2006 Patriots fourth-round draft choice Garrett Mills on waivers. Belichick was apparently trying to talk Childress out of it, but the Vikings still claimed Mills. In turn, the Patriots claimed Vikings linebacker David Herron on waivers in what looked like retaliation (the Patriots released Herron a few weeks later).

Couple that story with Childress' most recent remarks -- and then factor in how word of the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade leaked out early and Childress saying that the Patriots had privately worked out 2009 Vikings first-round pick Percy Harvin a few days before the draft -- and it would be easy to see why the tight-lipped Belichick might roll his eyes at Childress allowing behind-the-scenes business to become so public.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...hick-childress</P>

So, to those that still feel like he did this in the best interest of the Pats and not just to spite the GMEN and TC, do you still feel the same way? He has done this before. He is a shady coach and GM. Bitterness, sour grapes, sore loser... call it what ever, but the only reason he claimed Ballard was to try to anger the Giants FO. </P>

I guess he isnt a fan of Tom Coughlin anymore now that Tom has caught up with his legacy and beaten him 2x in the superbowl. </P>

Re: Belichick no stranger to waiver claiming scandals: (Giants Related)

I still think that the idea that he did it out of spite (over what, that we beat him in the SB??) is just silly.</P>

Who cares even if that was the case? I would much rather Belicheck be focused onchildish ways tospite the Giants, rather than on how tobeat us on the fieldin the next SB . . . . .</P>

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

I still think that the idea that he did it out of spite (over what, that we beat him in the SB??) is just silly.</P>

Who cares even if that was the case? I would much rather Belicheck be focused onchildish ways tospite the Giants, rather than on how tobeat us on the fieldin the next SB . . . . .</P>

[/quote]</P>

I think it is a mixture of things. Its seeing the Giants end their run to perfection on the biggest stage, its seeing the Giants end the long home winning streak in Foxborough during the regular season, its seeing the Giants beat them yet again in their attempt to put a stamp on the "legacy" in SB46. It was seeing Eli claim he was in Brady's class, then watching him come through with game winning drives in the final minute twice. It was seeing TC, a coach he coached with for the GMEN in the 80's, 90's, keep on beating him and always pinning the "Yeah, but you couldnt beat the Giants..." tag on his jacket. </P>

All this gets under Bills skin. You know it burns him inside. Its the way he is. He does everything he can, legal and illeagal, to gain the upper hand. If he doesnt get what he wants, he does things that are just straight out of the book of ******ry. I think they lock that book up in a vault in Boston. </P>

If you dont think Bill reads some of this "Giants upset they lost out on Ballard" crap and cracks a smile....</P>

Again, Im not upset. I think Ballard is a average TE who is easily replaceable. But I totally respect him for what he contributed and tried to do in the SB. I hope we get him back one day.</P>

Comment

Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

In a 2007 radio interview, <FONT color=#000000>Childress detailed a conversation he had with Belichick</FONT> about the Vikings' plans to claim 2006 Patriots fourth-round draft choice Garrett Mills on waivers. Belichick was apparently trying to talk Childress out of it, but the Vikings still claimed Mills. In turn, the Patriots claimed Vikings linebacker David Herron on waivers in what looked like retaliation (the Patriots released Herron a few weeks later).

Couple that story with Childress' most recent remarks -- and then factor in how word of the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade leaked out early and Childress saying that the Patriots had privately worked out 2009 Vikings first-round pick Percy Harvin a few days before the draft -- and it would be easy to see why the tight-lipped Belichick might roll his eyes at Childress allowing behind-the-scenes business to become so public.
          http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...hick-childress</P>

So, to those that still feel like he did this in the best interest of the Pats and not just to spite the GMEN and TC, do you still feel the same way? He has done this before. He is a shady coach and GM. Bitterness, sour grapes, sore loser... call it what ever, but the only reason he claimed Ballard was to try to anger the Giants FO. </P>

I guess he isnt a fan of Tom Coughlin anymore now that Tom has caught up with his legacy and beaten him 2x in the superbowl. </P>[/quote]

From what I understand, off the field, TC and Belicheck are pretty close friends. I've also never hear BB take shots at the Giants in pressers, even subtle ones like he does to other teams. I think there is a lot of mutual respect between the two organizations. the Crafts, the Tisch;s and the Maras have a pretty solid relationship outside of football and even in football.
          The Patriots saw an opportunity to pick up a solid player and they took him. It happens all the time.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.[/quote]
            Absolutely... and he has to sit out the year as an outcast... he doesn't know his new team mates and they surely don''t want a non-contributing/non-practicing player in the club house... that rejection is hard enough on guys that know their team mates. Ballard at leasy had friends in the locker room and would have been able to come in and work out his upper body and rehab his leg among freindly faces.
            Garagolo had a piece on SNY last night showing TC's reaction. He refused to comment but Garafolo said he was angry about it all day.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]Not happy JB is gone, but it's business. JR took a risk (perhaps unnessary) and got burnt. BB is a sharp cookie. By the way isn't JB a free agent next year?</P>

Meant to hit reply, not quote.</P>

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]From what I understand, off the field, TC and Belicheck are pretty close friends. I've also never hear BB take shots at the Giants in pressers, even subtle ones like he does to other teams. I think there is a lot of mutual respect between the two organizations. the Crafts, the Tisch;s and the Maras have a pretty solid relationship outside of football and even in football.
                The Patriots saw an opportunity to pick up a solid player and they took him. It happens all the time.[/quote]
                Yeah, their hug after XLVI was very genuine. Coming from the normally emotionally-dormant Belichick, that's huge.

Comment

This move by the Patriots is still strange. Ballard will not be playing this year and even if he makes It on the field next year he may not be 100%. It took KP a full 2 years to get back to speed from micro fracture surgery. Look at what Smith looked like las year and everyone was upset that the Giants didn't offer him enough money.

Comment

Belichek has a history of being a scumbag so this whole scenario doesn't surprise me.....

Comment

Belicheck and Coughlin are similar coaches. Similar mentalities, similar ideas as to what characteristics make a good football player in their system.

No surprise that Belicheck would look at a player that Coughlin and co. has coached up over the last year and see the potential in the guy.

Comment

[quote user="zimonami"][quote user="Flip Empty"]Dunno. Seeing him cry when walking through the Giants' locker rooms and such would suggest he still has strong feelings for the organisation.[/quote]
                        Absolutely... and he has to sit out the year as an outcast... he doesn't know his new team mates and they surely don''t want a non-contributing/non-practicing player in the club house... [/quote]

He was talking about Belichick -- catch "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" on NFL Network sometime. Bill took the camera crew on a tour of the Giants' facilities the last time he was in the old stadium against the Jets, and he got very emotional and wistful about all the hours he spent in that place.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Just because Belichick has a respect and frienship with Coughlin and the Giants organization doesn't mean he doesn't want to see them lose or fail.

BB is a fierce competitor who would do practically anything to gain an edge. Just ask the St. Louis Rams. No one can tell that there wasn't some spite in this move. Ballard isn't even going to play next year and there is a big ? as to how good he will be in 2013. And NE certainly isn't in great need in the TE position for the next few years.

The lesson learned here IMO is don't take chances putting players you like on waivers. And watch out for Belichick. He use to be a Giant but he's not anymore.

Comment

[quote user="Cool Papa B."]And NE certainly isn't in great need in the TE position for the next few years.[/quote]

They just gave Gronk a $54 million 6 year contract which means they won't be able to afford Hernandez when his rookie deal is up, and they'll probably look to move him with time left on his deal so they can get draft picks.
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Cool Papa B."]And NE certainly isn't in great need in the TE position for the next few years.[/quote]

They just gave Gronk a $54 million 6 year contract which means they won't be able to afford Hernandez when his rookie deal is up, and they'll probably look to move him with time left on his deal so they can get draft picks.
                              [/quote]

So they take their chances on a TE that wont even practice in 2012, and might not be 100% for 2013? With all the other TE's available in free agency?

Comment

Working...
                              X