Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Rangers Official Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New York Rangers Official Thread

    Rick Nash is a Ranger traded

    Dubinsky, AA, Erixon, and 1st for Nash
    @TSNBobMcKenzie:
    So, to review, as per @DarrenDreger, it's Anisimov. Dubinsky, Erixon and a 1st rd pick to CBJ for Rick Nash.

  • #2
    Awesome! I was expecting so much more to go to Columbus. I love this trade.

    You crazy ******* Sather!
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ck-nash-trade/

      Mike Harrington, Buffalo News: “So how exactly does Scott Howson still have a job after this fiasco?”

      Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News: “You would almost think Scott Howson was trying to blow up the Blue Jackets. Better off playing with disgruntled captain than that trade.”

      Bruce Garrioch, Ottawa Sun: “The Jackets needed to a hit a home run with this deal. This is not a home run. They had better offers at the trade deadline.”

      Steve Zipay, Newsday: “Rangers are sending Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon, 1st rounder to Columbus for Rick Nash. Not as much as trade deadline offer.”

      Tom Gulitti, NorthJersey.com: “Howson was in a tough spot, but it looks like he caved just to trade Nash rather than hold out for value.”

      James Cybulski, TSN: “How does it take Carolina and Pitt 24 hours to make a fair Staal deal, and yet the Nash trade takes 5 months to agree on that package?”

      Jason Brough, ProHockeyTalk: “‘Fine. Screw it. WHATEVER!’ — Scott Howson to Glen Sather”

      Damien Cox, Toronto Star: “And, after months of dithering, Blue Jackets make a crap deal for Nash. Go for volume rather than quality. Dumb.”

      Sean Gentile, Sporting News: “Look at the vitriol for Howson. That’s why you don’t make insane demands for months on end. Now he gets killed for an appropriate return.”

      Seth Rorabaugh, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “Car dealers in Central Ohio are suddenly preparing mass mailings for Scott Howson’s home address…”

      Steve Simmons, Toronto Sun: “Columbus didn’t get a Top 6 forward or a defenceman for Rick Nash. Please explain, Scott Howson?

      Bobby Holik: “Scott Howson finally earned contract extension. #sarcasm”

      And finally, what might be the most telling tweet of them all…

      Doug MacLean, Sportsnet (and former Columbus GM!): “If these names are right this is a disaster for cbj.”
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow... Haven't really paid attention to the NHL since the Blueshirts came up weak in the ECF... and lost to a team I f'in hate.

        Hopefully they filled the offensive need. It looks good on paper but who knows how it will work out on the ice.

        Wanted to get Nash but didn't want to lose Kreider or Steppan or any of the young defense, other then Del Zotto who I would have been fine with losing... and Sather made it happen.

        Possible projected lines once Gaborik is healthy in Nov. or Dec:

        Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Rick Nash

        Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Marian Gaborik

        Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - Ryan Callahan

        Mike Rupp - Jeff Halpern - Arron Asham

        Not bad at all. Damn... now I'm looking forward to October even more than usual... "When September Ends..." Song by Green Day is ringing in my head.

        Comment


        • #5
          Steal Of a deal!

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm being greedy, but I'd still love to see the Rangers sign doan to a 2 year deal.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gmen2005 View Post
              I'm being greedy, but I'd still love to see the Rangers sign doan to a 2 year deal.
              I do too man

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MikeIsaGiant View Post
                Rick Nash is a Ranger traded

                Dubinsky, AA, Erixon, and 1st for Nash
                @TSNBobMcKenzie:
                Nash for nothing is what I see.. Total fleecing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                  http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ck-nash-trade/

                  Mike Harrington, Buffalo News: “So how exactly does Scott Howson still have a job after this fiasco?”

                  Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News: “You would almost think Scott Howson was trying to blow up the Blue Jackets. Better off playing with disgruntled captain than that trade.”

                  Bruce Garrioch, Ottawa Sun: “The Jackets needed to a hit a home run with this deal. This is not a home run. They had better offers at the trade deadline.”

                  Steve Zipay, Newsday: “Rangers are sending Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon, 1st rounder to Columbus for Rick Nash. Not as much as trade deadline offer.”

                  Tom Gulitti, NorthJersey.com: “Howson was in a tough spot, but it looks like he caved just to trade Nash rather than hold out for value.”

                  James Cybulski, TSN: “How does it take Carolina and Pitt 24 hours to make a fair Staal deal, and yet the Nash trade takes 5 months to agree on that package?”

                  Jason Brough, ProHockeyTalk: “‘Fine. Screw it. WHATEVER!’ — Scott Howson to Glen Sather”

                  Damien Cox, Toronto Star: “And, after months of dithering, Blue Jackets make a crap deal for Nash. Go for volume rather than quality. Dumb.”

                  Sean Gentile, Sporting News: “Look at the vitriol for Howson. That’s why you don’t make insane demands for months on end. Now he gets killed for an appropriate return.”

                  Seth Rorabaugh, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “Car dealers in Central Ohio are suddenly preparing mass mailings for Scott Howson’s home address…”

                  Steve Simmons, Toronto Sun: “Columbus didn’t get a Top 6 forward or a defenceman for Rick Nash. Please explain, Scott Howson?

                  Bobby Holik: “Scott Howson finally earned contract extension. #sarcasm”

                  And finally, what might be the most telling tweet of them all…

                  Doug MacLean, Sportsnet (and former Columbus GM!): “If these names are right this is a disaster for cbj.”
                  Columbus to Hamilton in 2015. No way the fans stick around for this side show.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yep, pretty much Howson demanded a lot more at the trade deadline last season.

                    Now, he got much less than what he wanted. That's what happens howson when you are dealing with a player that wants out of Columbus
                    OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
                    SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X