Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First female ref to work thursday night

FIRST FEMALE REF TO WORK THURSDAY NIGHT

Excerpt: "Replacement refs made their debut last night in the Hall of Fame Game. Later this week, more history will be made.

Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times reports Shannon Eastin will be part of the crew for Thursday’s Green Bay at San Diego game.

Eastin, who has called college games in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, will be the first woman to work as an on-field official in any NFL game." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Let's try to keep the replies adult-like

Comment

Even as a pretty big individual rights guy, I'm not sure I like this.

Ref's are getting mowed down all the time, and I fear that a lot of players would go out of their way to make a point while a lot of other players could be extra cautious to avoid someone they aren't even supposed to be paying attention to in the first place.
      Just my take.

Comment

im not sexist or anything but for whatever reason im not excited about this at all

Comment

We have women in combat, and we're not comfortable with a women official in an NFL game?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

What else is there to reply to? That's good. Testing new refs. Everyone deserves equal opportunity.
            OLD USERNAME : MIKEISAGIANT
            SINCE OCTOBER 2010.

Comment

i have no prob with this as long as she holds her own

Comment

as long as she can recognize pass interference, she'll be an improvement over all the bozos seen thus far

Comment

Hopefully she isn't as old as some of the other replacement refs.......

Comment

Working...
                  X