No announcement yet.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when Amare comes back. I thought it would be this week but i haven't heard anything.
    ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by thegiantsrule10 View Post
      Does anyone know when Amare comes back. I thought it would be this week but i haven't heard anything.
      I'm not sure, but i hope soon.. I'm eager to see if he and Felton can get that old chemistry back they had when teammates in felton's 1st go round with knicks..

We actually really need Amare's scoring and size, becasue guys aren't playing like they did early on.. Brewer, Prigioni, and Novak are all kinda slumping and Amare could be a huge lift for us..

Comment

• Wow, no felton for 4-6 wks, making the kidd and prigioni pickups that much bigger for us.. Kidd was flat out brilliant in the buzzer beater win last night at Phoenix.. With no Melo and Felton, Kidd and JR were just brilliant! A solid Double Double for Ty Chandler, and my guy Chris Copelands 14pts off the bench also helped..

We def need Amare and Shump back here soon, with Felton now out, and Wallace still out.. I mean, thank god for our depth this yr, becuase we've all ready had our fill of injuries..

Comment

• Amare said he thinks he'll be back against Portland Jan 1st...

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Amare said he thinks he'll be back against Portland Jan 1st...
            Good. I know people criticize him and say we should trade him, but i believe he is an important asset to this team if we want a championship this year.
            ​​​

Comment

• This is a above-average thru good team. Their low Turnover stat is great and their Offensive capabilities mean they are never quite finished.

My primary concerns are:

1) Lack of points in the paint
              2) Mediocre Defense

I believe these two main reasons will keep us from getting out of the 1st round of playoffs.

Perhaps Amar'e will bring more points in the Paint, but I think we need 1 or 2 more key guys to bring what is missing from this Team.

This Team can be a Offensive Juggernaut but soft D will hold us back. They have the makings to be that hard-nosed Team but I think they favor Offense over Defense in the end.
              Last edited by giantyankee1976; 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

• Chris Copeland is really looking good.. What a huge additon.. Reminds me of a Jerry Reese esque type under the radar off the scrap heap type pick.. I meantioned in this thread liking him in the preseason, and so far hes making me look good.. I love the big guys who can shoot it from outside..

Comment

• Ugly lazy defensive 1st qter for under manned knicks tonight vs sacramento.. Hopefully they realize they got 3days off after this, and just grit it out and get the win and get rested up.. Would be a painful loss, regardless of injuries.. Novak really needs to step up tonight...

Comment

• Amar'e, Carmelo, and felton need to come back quick.
                    ​​​

Comment

• On to the next game, and hopefully the return of Stoudemire.
                      ​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                        This is a above-average thru good team. Their low Turnover stat is great and their Offensive capabilities mean they are never quite finished.

My primary concerns are:

2) Mediocre Defense

I believe these two main reasons will keep us from getting out of the 1st round of playoffs.

Perhaps Amar'e will bring more points in the Paint, but I think we need 1 or 2 more key guys to bring what is missing from this Team.

This Team can be a Offensive Juggernaut but soft D will hold us back. They have the makings to be that hard-nosed Team but I think they favor Offense over Defense in the end.
                        The team has plenty of good defenders they will be fine. Im worried about the health of this team more then anything. They need the full roster if thay are going to have a shot. I think they get out of the 1st round after that not so sure

Comment

• Health goes without saying. Be it the average "age" or just day-to-day readiness (Melo.)
                          As to Defense, I can only go off what I've seen.

like NYCSportz said at times they seem lazy and ho-hum, at others they are amped up. (Tyson)

And I do want to see more of a balance between mid-range and in-the-paint scoring...

Comment

• Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                            This is a above-average thru good team. Their low Turnover stat is great and their Offensive capabilities mean they are never quite finished.

My primary concerns are:

2) Mediocre Defense

I think Amare will help with one, and Shump will certainly help with the other. Even if Amare becomes a 12-14ppg player, it'll add a more consistent punch without hampering Melo.

Comment

• That's what I hope, but I am trying to be realistic about both coming back from significant injuries as well...

...Been a long time for me where I can enjoy BOTH pro and college hoops at the same time LOL

Comment

• I was on the verge of enjoying the four teams in your sig. But damn NHL lockout and Yanks and Giants getting late season diarrhea screwed that pooch.

Comment

Working...
                                X