NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    We are getting progressively worse, and so is Melo's shooting. Coincidence? I think not. Here is what happens. We come out really really really good and think we are on a roll. Boston starts to make a run, and we do nothing about it. We give them WAY too much cushion. Then all of a sudden we are tied...then down 1..k no biggie..then down 5..and 10..then we panic. What do we do when we panic? Give the ball to Melo and pray for the best. BUT GUESS WHAT! THAT IS WHAT THE CELTICS WANT US TO DO! Let Carmelo take 20+ shots, because that means we aren't moving the ball.
    Also lets not forget that in the first 3 games the Celtics Double Teamed Melo and that backfired. He dished the ball and their was a lot of passing and ball movement to get the open guy and it worked. Now that the Celtics have gone away from the double team we are seeing more ISO with him and JR and that is exactly what Boston wanted. We played right into their hands. We need to get back to the ball movement. Its what worked in the first three games. SO what if they don't double Melo. Just move the balland stop all the standing around
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
      These last 2 games have proven that....scoring title notwithstanding, Carmelo Anthony comes up very small in big games..... and it's the single biggest reason why he doesn't deserve to be talked about even in the same sentence as Lebron!
      Lebron simply ramps it up to a higher notch in big games while Carmelo shrinks and disappears.
      This is nothing more than the chickens coming home to roost. The Knicks have begun to play Knicks basketball again and thats not a good thing at all.
      Living and dying by the 3 pointer and zero defense!
      that has been the Rap on Melo since he came into the League. His REP is that he dominates in the Regular Season and then Disappears when his team needs him most in the playoffs. Just look at his Playoff Record of his teams getting booted every time from the First Round. Melo has not even smelled the likes of the Second Round in his Career. And if he doesn't get his head out of his *** quick he wont this season either. I don't think you will see a more motivated guy on Friday night the Melo.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

• Also I don't think you will hear another PEEP out of the Knicks for the rest of the Playoffs however long that may be. IF they can close out this Series What has happened will actually help them in the long run. They will keep their mouth shut in the later rounds no matter if they are up 3-0 or 3-1 or whatever. This adversity will only help them down the road. They need to go into Boston Friday and do what the have done all season. There was a reason we won 56 some odd games and they only won 41. There was a reason we won games on the Road and defended our home court and they didn't. There was a reason prior to the past two games we had beaten them 6 times in a row. That reason is that we are the BETTER TEAM up and down the rosters. We didn't have many 4 game losing streaks this season (someone can check that for me) and we are not going to have one now. EDIT: I checked and we only had 4 game skids twice all season. The first one two of the games were at Home and two were on the Road. In the second losing streak all 4 games were on the Road. SO of the 8 losses 6 were on the Road. I don't see this happening again. If we don't close it out Friday Night then we will for sure on Sunday
        Last edited by miked1958; 05-02-2013, 09:48 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

• I'm sorry, but anything that happened to the knicks last night they brought on themselves by wearing the black suits which was extremely classless.. If the Celtics wore blacksuits and said they were going to a funeral, 15days after a bombing in NYC took lives , then we'd be all over em and then some.. I'm sorry, the knicks got what they deserved.. I miss the Pat Ewing, Clyde Drexler, Chris Mullin, Joe Dumars, Jordan, Pippen, Hakeem, Admiral days, as they would scrap, but they woulden't do tasteless things like that, and they were 100 more times fundamentally stronger then todays NBA players...

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            I'm sorry, but anything that happened to the knicks last night they brought on themselves by wearing the black suits which was extremely classless.. If the Celtics wore blacksuits and said they were going to a funeral, 15days after a bombing in NYC took lives , then we'd be all over em and then some.. I'm sorry, the knicks got what they deserved.. I miss the Pat Ewing, Clyde Drexler, Chris Mullin, Joe Dumars, Jordan, Pippen, Hakeem, Admiral days, as they would scrap, but they woulden't do tasteless things like that, and they were 100 more times fundamentally stronger then todays NBA players...
            Yes you are correct. Very Surprised this was even allowed by the Coaching Staff. Even in a normal Season with no Boston Marathon Bombing it would be Tasteless and Classless thing to do. You combine that with people losing their lives and you still wear black suits and talk about Funerals???? UNREAL. IF they go on to lose this Series and become the First team in 105 to lose after being up 3-0 then they DESERVED IT for being total Idiots and not having any RESPECT for what went down in BOSTON

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              Yes you are correct. Very Surprised this was even allowed by the Coaching Staff. Even in a normal Season with no Boston Marathon Bombing it would be Tasteless and Classless thing to do. You combine that with people losing their lives and you still wear black suits and talk about Funerals???? UNREAL. IF they go on to lose this Series and become the First team in 105 to lose after being up 3-0 then they DESERVED IT for being total Idiots and not having any RESPECT for what went down in BOSTON
              I could be wrong, but to me, more NBA players seem to be very stupid and punkish then any other sport.. They do things that make u wonder if a brain even exists in those heads of theres..

Here u got a guy in Carmelo who has lost in the first rd 8of9 trips to the postseason, and is coming off a 10-35 game, and JR Smith, who is coming off a suspension, and they both think its a ok idea to do that? Not to mention, were talking about guys who are in there mid to late 20's..lol You would think these guys are 13yrs old with things like that..

Don't get me wrong, talking about a mans wife liike the celts did is extremely childish as well, but it dosent change how idiotic the knicks were last night.. And then to not even come out and be competitive and back it up is almost laughable.. I'm disgusted to be a knicks fan this morning.. Hopefully tommorow, we see some basketball, and guys do there talking on the court, like adults do...

Comment

I'm sorry, but anything that happened to the knicks last night they brought on themselves by wearing the black suits which was extremely classless.. If the Celtics wore blacksuits and said they were going to a funeral, 15days after a bombing in NYC took lives , then we'd be all over em and then some.. I'm sorry, the knicks got what they deserved.. I miss the Pat Ewing, Clyde Drexler, Chris Mullin, Joe Dumars, Jordan, Pippen, Hakeem, Admiral days, as they would scrap, but they woulden't do tasteless things like that, and they were 100 more times fundamentally stronger then todays NBA players...
                Gotta agree.
                Black day yesterday for Knicks fans.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Huh? Did they wear black suits because of the Boston bombings? I doubt it. I have seen many teams wear all black before. Who cares. The reason they lost is because Melo is not shooting well yet still shooting 30 shots a game. In fact, no one was shooting well outside of Felton. JR Smith was off too. They need to stop with the jump shot BS and drive the lane. Get KG and PP in foul trouble early.
                  Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Here u got a guy in Carmelo who has lost in the first rd 8of9 trips to the postseason, and is coming off a 10-35 game, and JR Smith, who is coming off a suspension, and they both think its a ok idea to do that? Not to mention, were talking about guys who are in there mid to late 20's..lol You would think these guys are 13yrs old with things like that..
                    The Giants did this for SB42 I believe.
                    Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      Also lets not forget that in the first 3 games the Celtics Double Teamed Melo and that backfired. He dished the ball and their was a lot of passing and ball movement to get the open guy and it worked. Now that the Celtics have gone away from the double team we are seeing more ISO with him and JR and that is exactly what Boston wanted. We played right into their hands. We need to get back to the ball movement. Its what worked in the first three games. SO what if they don't double Melo. Just move the balland stop all the standing around
                      they only doubled him when he was hurting them 1 on 1. last couple games he's been missing shots he normally makes so they aren't doubling him. doc didn't all of a sudden decide to not double him. he doubled him when he was hot and hasn't doubled him lately because he's been off.

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      that has been the Rap on Melo since he came into the League. His REP is that he dominates in the Regular Season and then Disappears when his team needs him most in the playoffs. Just look at his Playoff Record of his teams getting booted every time from the First Round. Melo has not even smelled the likes of the Second Round in his Career. And if he doesn't get his head out of his *** quick he wont this season either. I don't think you will see a more motivated guy on Friday night the Melo.
                      melo's teams were the lower seed and underdog every yearin the playoffs other than 1. that 1 year they went to the west finals. not sure how he gets a bad rep for losing to better teams. losing to the likes of the spurs and lakers, who then went on to either win it all or make the finals. one year i remember denver lost to the spurs in the first round 4-1... lebron's cavs made the finals only to get swept by the same spurs team that melo had to face in the first round.
                      Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      Also I don't think you will hear another PEEP out of the Knicks for the rest of the Playoffs however long that may be. IF they can close out this Series What has happened will actually help them in the long run. They will keep their mouth shut in the later rounds no matter if they are up 3-0 or 3-1 or whatever. This adversity will only help them down the road. They need to go into Boston Friday and do what the have done all season. There was a reason we won 56 some odd games and they only won 41. There was a reason we won games on the Road and defended our home court and they didn't. There was a reason prior to the past two games we had beaten them 6 times in a row. That reason is that we are the BETTER TEAM up and down the rosters. We didn't have many 4 game losing streaks this season (someone can check that for me) and we are not going to have one now. EDIT: I checked and we only had 4 game skids twice all season. The first one two of the games were at Home and two were on the Road. In the second losing streak all 4 games were on the Road. SO of the 8 losses 6 were on the Road. I don't see this happening again. If we don't close it out Friday Night then we will for sure on Sunday
                      i agree, they should just shut up and play, although they weren't the ones that started the trash talking, they fell for the bait.

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                      i don't see it that way at all. wearing all black was more for the knicks mindset that they were going to end boston's season. it wasn't to disrespect anyone. the giants did the same thing before beating the 18-0 pats and no one made a big deal about it.
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Huh? Did they wear black suits because of the Boston bombings? I doubt it. I have seen many teams wear all black before. Who cares. The reason they lost is because Melo is not shooting well yet still shooting 30 shots a game. In fact, no one was shooting well outside of Felton. JR Smith was off too. They need to stop with the jump shot BS and drive the lane. Get KG and PP in foul trouble early.
                      bingo. had nothing to do with bombings. and like you said tons of teams have done this in the past. it's more for the tem wearing the black to get in the mindset of finishing off the other team. it is not about disrespecting anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                        These last 2 games have proven that....scoring title notwithstanding, Carmelo Anthony comes up very small in big games..... and it's the single biggest reason why he doesn't deserve to be talked about even in the same sentence as Lebron!
                        Lebron simply ramps it up to a higher notch in big games while Carmelo shrinks and disappears.
                        This is nothing more than the chickens coming home to roost. The Knicks have begun to play Knicks basketball again and thats not a good thing at all.
                        Living and dying by the 3 pointer and zero defense!
                        lebron choked his first 2 finals. no one says melo is as good as lebron so i'm not sure why this is even brought up.
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        How friggin bush league are the Knicks with the black suits?

They might look across the court and see what professionals look like.
                        They embarrassed themselves last night. Can you imaging Dave Debusschere and Bill Bradley dressing in black to show the "Boston funeral"?
                        What a bunch of punks!
                        2007 giants

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Did they wear black suits because of the boston bombing??lol Does it matter? It'd be a childish act is there wasen't a bombing in that city 15days ago, its just that much more tasteless that something to that caliber did happen 15days ago is all..

Seriously, u have to be in middle school to think thats a good idea and actually go through with it.. Like, who came up with that, and were they like "thats a great idea!!!"..lol Grow up!!!

Comment

Did they wear black suits because of the boston bombing??lol Does it matter? It'd be a childish act is there wasen't a bombing in that city 15days ago, its just that much more tasteless that something to that caliber did happen 15days ago is all..

Seriously, u have to be in middle school to think thats a good idea and actually go through with it.. Like, who came up with that, and were they like "thats a great idea!!!"..lol Grow up!!!
                            Apparently Kenyon Martin did.
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              The Giants did this for SB42 I believe.
                              I don't remember the giants dressing in all black talking about going to a funeral before the SB in 2007..lol

Also, its commonsense that theres a sensitivtiy to funerals and boston right now.. If u gotta do something like that, then just all shave ur heads or something... These aren't 10yr old boys, they know whats going on in the world right now, and what will be considered tasteful and tasteless.... It was completely tasteless, in every regard.. Oh, and it certainly didn't bring em together if that was the ultimate goal, as they looked about as bad as i seen a team look this yr..

U know a team u will never see do something like that? The san antonio spurs.. I wonder why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Apparently Kenyon Martin did.
                                I just wish they'd play ball and let there play do the talking.. What happened to showing up teams on the court with your play? Go call out Michael Jordans bulls teams, and he'd show u up by going for 50plus and destroying your team.. That is the ultimate show ur team up..

Comment

Working...
                                X