Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I say try to trade to Carmelo now while his value is still very high. If we don't we are stuck in mediocrity for the next 2 years unless we find a stud at pick # 24 in this years draft.

    And to think we have no draft pick next year (thanks Melo & Co.) we have no assets to trade to build around Melo. So the most logical thing to do is get rid of him for expiring contracts and/or draft picks.

    Ride out Amare's contract and by 2015 the only contracts we'll have on board are Novak, Shumpert, and i think Felton.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Moke View Post
      Lol JR Smith
      J.R. Miss

      Comment


      • i've got good news and bad news. the good news is the knicks still only need to win 1 game on the road to advance. the bad news is woodson is still the coach. seriously though... out of all the possible adjustments the team could have made... how the hell did benching pablo become an idea? a head scratcher to say the least.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
          i've got good news and bad news. the good news is the knicks still only need to win 1 game on the road to advance. the bad news is woodson is still the coach. seriously though... out of all the possible adjustments the team could have made... how the hell did benching pablo become an idea? a head scratcher to say the least.
          Woodson is a good regular season coach but he's terrible in the post season. Just ask Hawk fans. This man cannot make adjustments to save his life! He keeps playing Jason Kidd, who is like 255 years old, so many minutes!

          Last night we were with in 8 pts in the 4th after Copeland hit a big a three. So what does Woodson do? He takes out Copeland and puts Kidd back in. Kidd let Lance Stephenson hit that huge 3 that really sealed it for them.

          Woodson needs to go.
          Last edited by TheBookOfEli; 05-15-2013, 05:31 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
            I say try to trade to Carmelo now while his value is still very high. If we don't we are stuck in mediocrity for the next 2 years unless we find a stud at pick # 24 in this years draft. And to think we have no draft pick next year (thanks Melo & Co.) we have no assets to trade to build around Melo. So the most logical thing to do is get rid of him for expiring contracts and/or draft picks. Ride out Amare's contract and by 2015 the only contracts we'll have on board are Novak, Shumpert, and i think Felton.
            Why trade Carmelo? Why not try to build an actual team around him, instead of 40 year olds?
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • The problem isn't Melo. The problem is you are setting him up to take 30 shots a game, because you have no bigs and non-shooters around him. Tyson and K-Mart can't post up. Kidd is done, Novak cannot creatr his own shot, I wouldn't mind seeing him go. Felton is okay..J.R. is WAY too streaky. We have too many unknowns. Melo doesn't mind sharing the ball, but you better be able to shoot.
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                Woodson is a good regular season coach but he's terrible in the post season. Just ask Hawk fans. This man cannot make adjustments to save his life! He keeps playing Jason Kidd, who is like 255 years old, so many minutes!

                Last night we were with in 8 pts in the 4th after Copeland hit a big a three. So what does Woodson do? He takes out Copeland and puts Kidd back in. Kidd let Lance Stephenson hit that huge 3 that really sealed it for them.

                Woodson needs to go.
                he plays favorites instead of playing the guys that are producing. pablo should have been getting most if not all of kidd's minutes along with some of JR's. copeland should have been getting more time too. i guarantee if the knicks simply ran pick n roll with pablo and copeland the offense would be far better than whatever the hell it is they've been doing.

                woodson actually did similar things during the regular season too. when felton got hurt he played kidd a ton of minutes instead of giving pablo increased time. copeland disappeared to the bench for a good stretch in the regular season as well. that was when the knicks were playing .500 ball for a long while. then when pablo was inserted into the starting lineup and copeland got big minutes due to injuries, the team went on a big winning streak.


                i haven't given up completely yet. if the knicks win game 5, which i believe they will, the pressure is on the pacers to close it out in game 6 at home. knicks lose in 6 or win in 7 is the way i see it. not many teams have came back from 3-1, but most of the teams that have, had home court.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  The problem isn't Melo. The problem is you are setting him up to take 30 shots a game, because you have no bigs and non-shooters around him. Tyson and K-Mart can't post up. Kidd is done, Novak cannot creatr his own shot, I wouldn't mind seeing him go. Felton is okay..J.R. is WAY too streaky. We have too many unknowns. Melo doesn't mind sharing the ball, but you better be able to shoot.
                  i love melo and have defended him countless times... but at this point i honestly think both him and JR have some mental block that prevents them from performing in the playoffs. part of it is obviously the great defenses they've faced throughout their careers... but they just don't look the same to me. the confidence isn't there... melo has the excuse of the entire defense focusing on him and always facing elite defenders, plus he's a little banged up... but JR is getting good looks, wide open shots. it's gotta be all in his head.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Why trade Carmelo? Why not try to build an actual team around him, instead of 40 year olds?
                    And how are we going to build around Melo? We have no assets to trade, no cap space. We only have Shumpert, 2013, and 2015 first round picks and maybe Felton could be used as a trade piece. No one is going to want Amare or Chandler's contract.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                      And how are we going to build around Melo? We have no assets to trade, no cap space. We only have Shumpert, 2013, and 2015 first round picks and maybe Felton could be used as a trade piece. No one is going to want Amare or Chandler's contract.
                      So we get rid of the league's best scorer?
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        So we get rid of the league's best scorer?
                        To get out of mediocrity, Yes. Next year we'll be older while the Pacers and Bulls will get better as Rose and Granger will be coming back. Heat of course will be the Heat.

                        Don't worry though, James Dolan would never allow Melo to be traded.
                        Last edited by TheBookOfEli; 05-15-2013, 07:29 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                          To get out of mediocrity, Yes. Next year we'll be older while the Pacers and Bulls will get better as Rose and Granger will be coming back. Heat of course will be the Heat. Don't worry though, James Dolan would never allow Melo to be traded.
                          We're getting older, so we don't rid of the OLDER players...but we get rid of Melo?
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            We're getting older, so we don't rid of the OLDER players...but we get rid of Melo?
                            If we get rid of Melo, we pretty much get rid of everyone except the young guys like Shumpert and whoever we draft this year. You trade melo for expiring contracts and/or draft picks and in return you get cap space to sign someone like Chris Paul or Dwight Howard or you can save it for another year and if you get draft picks then you get young value.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
                              If we get rid of Melo, we pretty much get rid of everyone except the young guys like Shumpert and whoever we draft this year. You trade melo for expiring contracts and/or draft picks and in return you get cap space to sign someone like Chris Paul or Dwight Howard or you can save it for another year and if you get draft picks then you get young value.
                              We can't get Chris Paul with or without Melo. Dwight would be a terrible signing. I don't see how getting rid of older guys to get younger guys around Melo who can SHOOT is bad.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                We can't get Chris Paul with or without Melo. Dwight would be a terrible signing. I don't see how getting rid of older guys to get younger guys around Melo who can SHOOT is bad.
                                Kidd (contract ends in 2015)
                                Camby (same as Kidd)
                                Prigioni (Free agent)
                                Martin (Free Agent)

                                We can't get rid of Kidd and Camby's contract unless they both retire, which probably they won't. I mean why would Camby retire when he can just get another 4 mil rotting on the bench?

                                Jr Smith is streaky and is just plain horrible. He should not be resigned.

                                Shumpert's shot has developed and i love the kid. I hope he stays but he is a valuable piece in a trade.

                                Novak can shoot, but that's it. He's getting paid way too much. It'll be hard to move that contract.

                                Copeland can shoot but doesn't play. He can be had for cheap.

                                With Novak, Kidd, Camby, taking up cap space, it'll be a bit difficult to get those young shooters that you want. Only way is through the draft and like i said, we have the 24th pick this year, no pick in 2014.

                                We are a playoff team, however this squad doesn't have much leverage which equals never getting past the second round. We can wait another 2 years when everyone's contracts comes off the boards, including Melo, Amare, and Chandler but it'll be hard to build around that core with young guys.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X