Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Actually he doesnt have great length 6'6" SG with 6'6" arm length. When I watched him I never considered him a difference maker thats all. I dont think there is much upside in him
    Hes pretty lanky for a 2guard. Hes also a good defender. Hes taller then Ray Allen, whos a good sized 2guard. Hes also got room to add weight to his frame. I think once he adds a few lbs, he compares well to Joe Johnson.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
      i think the difference between hardaway and a guy like fields is mental and/or confidence. one of landry's biggest issues that i noticed is he is easily shaken and almost scared at times. i don't think that will be a problem for hardaway as he's one of those irrational confidence guys.


      as far as the nets they made a trade that clearly improves them greatly for this next year or two. it's a big risk/gamble though because as redeye said they are essentially giving away their future for a chance to be a contender for these next couple years. with that said i think it's the type of move they needed to make. i doubt they would have been able to rebuild around d. will and blowpez properly regardless, especially with wallace's contract which they were able to get rid of in this deal.

      it could go either way really. it could work out great and they could possibly end up with a legit chance at a title... or it could blow up in their face if the aging, oft-injured players they acquired end up not putting them over the top.
      The diffrence between Fields and Hardaway Jr is Hardaway Jr is a pure shooter, and Fields has one of the uglier 3pt shots i've ever seen(even though he makes one from time to time), and Fields is a dreadful FT shooter. Fields is more of a driver then shooter, and Hardaway is completely the opposite. Hardaway is learning to drive more and more, but is mainly a shooter, ala JR Smith who on occasion slashes to the rim. I don't think they are comparable at all. Completely diffrent players.

      Hardaway Jr is gonna have games where he takes over and gets hot just like JR Smith, and hes also no slouch on defense.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        6'8" with a 7' 2" wingspan he might be a better prospect then Hardaway
        I'm certainly excited about em. The only thing is, he needs to play with consistent energy and add weight. If he does that, the kids got skys the limit potential.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
          i think it's kinda cool that this will keep the rivalry with pierce/KG and the knicks alive. i would greatly enjoy us smashing those old farts again . rondo was the guy that really used to hurt us. pierce would make some big shots here and there but shump took his soul in the playoffs last year, straight locked him down just like he did to paul george.
          Pierce has been killing the knicks for a decade. Hes one of the biggest thorns in the knicks side since he joined the league. A brook lopez, kevin garnett, paul pierce, joe johnson, and deron williams starting 5 is freaking awesome. Lets be realistic here. The only good thing is the age, but the nets just went to game 7 with the bulls without KG and Pierce, adn those 2 make any club better(hate to say it).

          Comment


          • for a decade? knicks have only been good for about 3 years now and i recall 1 game clinching shot in that time with several horrid performances from him. who cares what he did against us when we were terrible? like i said shump locked him down.

            they went to game 7 against a severely depleted bulls team. as i recall deng didn't play, heinrich was hurt, rose obviously didn't play, noah was playing hurt etc etc. this trade obviously makes them better but i don't think it puts them over the top.

            their entire starting 5 is incredibly injury prone. d. will has been often hurt since joining the nets. blowpez is consistently hurt. JJ, PP, and KG are all aging and breaking down. like i said it can work out well for them or potentially be a disaster.

            the way i see it is the heat and bulls are the top dogs in the east. then you have the pacers, knicks and nets battling for 3-6.
            Last edited by kNicksGiants; 06-29-2013, 07:00 PM.

            Comment


            • i actually forgot that felton was locking pierce down too haha

              Comment


              • what do you guys think about the rumors of the knicks talking with the Cs about rondo. nothing serious but they did casually discuss it. i definitely don't want to give up shump. i'd trade anything/anyone else other than melo and shump.

                also i wonder where dwight is gonna sign. out of the possible teams i think the warriors would be immediate contenders with him. houston would be good but not as good as the warriors i don't think. no way he signs with the hawks. if the mavs trade for rondo he might consider them.

                the draft day trades were pretty crazy. teams like the sixers and celtics are in full tank mode for wiggins.

                Comment


                • knicks interested in tony allen. shump and tony allen locking down the perimeter would be nice. offense would be a concern though.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                    knicks interested in tony allen. shump and tony allen locking down the perimeter would be nice. offense would be a concern though.
                    not the scorer to replace JR, but his D is elite

                    Comment


                    • knicks supposedly close to acquiring andrea bargnani.

                      novak + camby + 1st and 2nd round picks

                      not sure how i feel about this. i like getting him for novak and camby but i'm not crazy about giving up picks.

                      Comment


                      • hearing rumors when this deal goes through the knicks are looking to move chandler. warriors are a team that is interested. i'd be cool with swapping tyson for bogut.

                        Comment


                        • I told u guys I thought Bargs made a lot of sense as a stretch 4 on this team. I wouldnt of done this trade though its terrible with the 3 picks. He does fit well offensivly as he can score from all areas on the court. This will help the spacing with Melo

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                            hearing rumors when this deal goes through the knicks are looking to move chandler. warriors are a team that is interested. i'd be cool with swapping tyson for bogut.
                            Ive heard other rumors that Bargs is part of a bigger trade and the Knicks are flipping Bargs to Golden State for David Lee. I like the player more but I cant stand his contract. I dont want deals that go longer then 2 years. The best part of the Bargs deal was Novak is cleared off are 2015-16 cap. Right now we are set to be 52 million under the cap in 2015-16

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                              for a decade? knicks have only been good for about 3 years now and i recall 1 game clinching shot in that time with several horrid performances from him. who cares what he did against us when we were terrible? like i said shump locked him down.

                              they went to game 7 against a severely depleted bulls team. as i recall deng didn't play, heinrich was hurt, rose obviously didn't play, noah was playing hurt etc etc. this trade obviously makes them better but i don't think it puts them over the top.

                              their entire starting 5 is incredibly injury prone. d. will has been often hurt since joining the nets. blowpez is consistently hurt. JJ, PP, and KG are all aging and breaking down. like i said it can work out well for them or potentially be a disaster.

                              the way i see it is the heat and bulls are the top dogs in the east. then you have the pacers, knicks and nets battling for 3-6.
                              Pierce is a first ballot HOF player that has been killing the knicks since he joined the league. Just because your a knicks fan, dosen't mean you have to not give credit to a player you dislike. The postseason isn't the only time you can kill a team, dude.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                I told u guys I thought Bargs made a lot of sense as a stretch 4 on this team. I wouldnt of done this trade though its terrible with the 3 picks. He does fit well offensivly as he can score from all areas on the court. This will help the spacing with Melo
                                And I agreed with you that it made a ton of sense. I loved the idea.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X