Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    Right. I don't question J.R.'s athleticism and what he can bring to the table, I question his decision making on and off the court. If he can learn to play consistent, then we'll be okay.
    Thats never going to happen he is what he is. A streaky chucker that isnt a winner.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      Hard to make examples because I dont know what teams are taking in trades I like to believe we could of used those 3 picks in separate transactions along with the non guaranteed contracts Novak Camby. Copeland is similar to Bargs at a fraction of the cost so I think already he is better value. I didnt mind Bargs as a player but overpaying for him like the Knicks did was flat out ridiculous.
      bargs is easily the best player with the most potential/upside they could have gotten with that trash package they sent out. the knicks didn't use the mmle on bargs so his value is irrelevant in comparison to cope, who we would have needed to use it on.

      you think we overpaid for bargs? how so? he's clearly the best player in the deal and the 2nd round picks are essentially worthless. a late first round pick 2 years from now that the nuggets have the option to swap, for bargs. good deal if you ask me.

      o and novak's contract is fully guaranteed. camby's contract is fully guaranteed this year and partially guaranteed next year. they are negative value players/contracts which is why we had to include the picks to get bargs.


      it comes down to is cope worth more than bargs, plus the ability to retain pablo and possibly kmart/brand.

      the answer is easily no. even straight up player to player it's no comparison, bargs > cope.
      Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-04-2013, 03:45 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        Thats never going to happen he is what he is. A streaky chucker that isnt a winner.
        Yeah, which is why I think 4 years is a lot for a streaky player.
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • 4th year is a player option that he'll likely opt out. essentially it's a 3 year deal.

          also he is streaky as a shooter, but his energy and effort was fairly consistent all year... whether that was because he was in a contract year is yet to be seen... but hopefully he continues to play hard for us. he offers more than just streaky shooting/scoring. he's an athletic rebounder and decent defender at his position.
          Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-04-2013, 04:18 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
            4th year is a player option that he'll likely opt out. essentially it's a 3 year deal.also he is streaky as a shooter, but his energy and effort was fairly consistent all year... whether that was because he was in a contract year is yet to be seen... but hopefully he continues to play hard for us. he offers more than just streaky shooting/scoring. he's an athletic rebounder and decent defender at his position.
            That is true, but that won't matter unless he matures.
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • I don't know who you guys expected to get this offseason? The signing of JR is a good move. Just because we have cell with cameras now JR will get killed for everything. If this was someone in the 80's out having fun you people would say oh they are just having fun.The dude's young has money and wanted to have a good time. I think the suspension hurt him more then going out.

              I just gotta ask if Rhianna ask you to come to her party would you guys really turn it down?? Playoff game or not...

              Anyway I think Woodsen will get through to JR and prove that he's worth the money and JR game's, I expect to go up another level. It has since he's played for NY.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                I don't know who you guys expected to get this offseason? The signing of JR is a good move. Just because we have cell with cameras now JR will get killed for everything. If this was someone in the 80's out having fun you people would say oh they are just having fun.The dude's young has money and wanted to have a good time. I think the suspension hurt him more then going out.I just gotta ask if Rhianna ask you to come to her party would you guys really turn it down?? Playoff game or not...Anyway I think Woodsen will get through to JR and prove that he's worth the money and JR game's, I expect to go up another level. It has since he's played for NY.
                Having fun is one thing, having hangovers before playoff games is another. If you are having fun and are focused, then okay. It's clear J.R. was not focusing his attention on the game. And I don't like Rihanna so I'd tell her to kick rocks lol. Woodson and J.R. need to have a long talk flr this upcoming season. J.R.'s head needs to be focused, no ifs, ands, or buts.
                Mood: WOOF!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  That is true, but that won't matter unless he matures.
                  I doubt he opts out actually he will be 31 by then he wont get a bigger deal then that

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    I doubt he opts out actually he will be 31 by then he wont get a bigger deal then that
                    i'd have to disagree. long term security is more valued even if you're getting less per year. let's say he opts out and gets a 3 or 4 year deal at like 4 or 5 mil per year. overall it's more guaranteed money plus long term security. the only way i don't think he'll opt out is if he has a major injury or decline. didn't korver just get big money? and he's 32. countless examples of players 31/32 getting new, fairly big deals.

                    we won't know until that time comes but like i said earlier, at worst he's a trade-able contract.
                    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-04-2013, 11:03 PM.

                    Comment


                    • warriors signed iggy. pacers signed cope.

                      Comment


                      • knicks have interest in delfino, francisco garcia and dahntay jones...

                        funny thing is i recall melo butting heads with delfino and jones on a few different occasions lol

                        Comment


                        • Why the Knicks are a complete fail as a franchise is moves like this. The Knicks get enamored with names rather then actual production on the court. What they dont even know and its sad is that if Chris Copeland got Bargs minutes he would put up the exact same if not better numbers then Bargs. Dont believe me check out the per 36's of both players. These r the types of moves that kill this franchise giving up 3 picks and paying 11 million for a player that does the same exact thing but was buried on the bench.
                          Bargnani Best Season 36 21.6 ppg, 5.2rpg, 1.8 ast, .448 fg%, .345 3pt fg
                          Copeland 36 20.3 ppg , 5.0 rpg,1.1 ast , .470fg% , .421 3pt%

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                            Why the Knicks are a complete fail as a franchise is moves like this. The Knicks get enamored with names rather then actual production on the court. What they dont even know and its sad is that if Chris Copeland got Bargs minutes he would put up the exact same if not better numbers then Bargs. Dont believe me check out the per 36's of both players. These r the types of moves that kill this franchise giving up 3 picks and paying 11 million for a player that does the same exact thing but was buried on the bench.
                            Bargnani Best Season 36 21.6 ppg, 5.2rpg, 1.8 ast, .448 fg%, .345 3pt fg
                            Copeland 36 20.3 ppg , 5.0 rpg,1.1 ast , .470fg% , .421 3pt%
                            Ya, but Copelands played one yr, and barley had a chance to have the league adapt to him after his first go round. Its completely unfair to compare the 2. Bargs has been productive alot longer then Copeland. For all we know, Copeland could of just had a flukey season, while Bargs has at least shown his ability to score in multiple seasons.

                            Don't you remember Jerome James? Its litteraly the same thing almost.

                            Comment


                            • Im happy my guy Prigioni is back! Thats pretty cool. THe knicks roster is pretty strong right now, and Hardaway and Shump are nice young pieces.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                                i'd have to disagree. long term security is more valued even if you're getting less per year. let's say he opts out and gets a 3 or 4 year deal at like 4 or 5 mil per year. overall it's more guaranteed money plus long term security. the only way i don't think he'll opt out is if he has a major injury or decline. didn't korver just get big money? and he's 32. countless examples of players 31/32 getting new, fairly big deals.

                                we won't know until that time comes but like i said earlier, at worst he's a trade-able contract.
                                Or it could end up like Richard Jefferson, who obviously didn't opt out and took his player option at 11million for this next season. He might be worth about 1mill..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X