Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more Bobby Brown highlights.. foot work looks great

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e46AdcReIPA
    Last edited by Carter.525; 07-18-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      more Bobby Brown highlights.. foot work looks great

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e46AdcReIPA
      he's got some slick moves for sure

i just watched an amare documentary "in the moment" on netflix. man i love this dude so much. he works so hard and is such a professional and does everything he can to help the the team but his body keeps betraying him...

i still believe in him. he's gonna stay healthy this year and beast. watching the documentary i think he works too hard in the offseason. the knicks and him both feel the same way now and are having him take it easy this offseason. keeping him on a minutes limit this seasin i think he'll stay healthy but still be very effective in the role he plays.

people love to hate on melo and amare, but these guys are winners. they've been on winning teams their entire lives. i may sound like a crazy optimist but i still think they can work together and win new york a championship.

hopefully if we bring back kmart, i think the rotations can maximize the strengths of the key guys. bargs starting at the 4 can space the floor on offense, and on defense you can stick him on the less mobile of the 2 bigs and have chandler guard the other.

then with amare coming off the bench with kmart (hopefully we can get him back) that could work very well.

i just hope woody doesn't stick with small ball and then pkay bargs and stat together off the bench.

Comment

I think Tyler looks better than Leslie.. just saying
        Tyler is further along in his development, is why. Leslie is still pretty young and only has a few Summer League games under his belt. Trust me, CJ Leslie is the chance to score a talented player from Summer league team, albeit, Jordan and Tyler could be decent depth in the size dept. Leslie is easily the most overly talented player on the team with Hardaway and Shumpy not being included.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Tyler is further along in his development, is why. Leslie is still pretty young and only has a few Summer League games under his belt. Trust me, CJ Leslie is the chance to score a talented player from Summer league team, albeit, Jordan and Tyler could be decent depth in the size dept. Leslie is easily the most overly talented player on the team with Hardaway and Shumpy not being included.
          Leslie looks lazy to me sometimes, maybe that's why he went undrafted.. Tyler has a better chance to make this team.

Leslie to me is a tweeter.. not big enough to play PF and doesn't have the skills to be a SF

would be great to send him to the D league for a season or two

Comment

Leslie looks lazy to me sometimes, maybe that's why he went undrafted.. Tyler has a better chance to make this team.

Leslie to me is a tweeter.. not big enough to play PF and doesn't have the skills to be a SF

would be great to send him to the D league for a season or two
            Leslie is a very lazy player its why a player of his physical ceiling goes undrafted.Its all over his college games, ,because of his length he doesnt put any real effort on defense . If Hardaway had Leslies length he would be a great defender because he works. His physical size just isnt very good. On offense Leslie does a lot of standing around. He doesnt have a high basketball IQ either.
            Dont take it from me though if u disagree watch his Full Games on Youtube you will see it. Rarely do the negatives on Scouting reports show up so easily like they do with him.
            I still love the signing and think it was a great move. U dont get players with this type of moldable ability as a FA very often. Knicks must of done a great job being able to beat out the other teams who im sure were wiling to risk nothing to have him

Look at this from an AAU Basketball board

Leslie is a cancer and will wreck your program. He has already changed AAU teams 4x's this year and was supposed to be going to Word of God. I watched him play this past year during the Holly Springs season and at the Carolina Challenge. He is a good talent, but extremely lazy. He is a bad seed and just the type of player Sidney would want hanging out with his son. Good luck!

CJ and his family are all about the money!!! That's why they keep changing AAU teams. Cj has a long way to go and has no desire to improve his game; lazy is just the tip of the problem for CJ. To bad his parents are looking for a free ride. CJ and fam just got D-One... Who will The "Leslie's" get next?????? Watch out

NBADraft.net Most of his problems stem from a lack of focus and motivation on the court … Questionable motor on both ends of the floor … Scouts have major reservations about his basketball IQ / attitude / negative body language ..

He might be better off in the D league then on the Knicks roster.. That kid needs to have his dream put in jeopardy maybe he will work harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
              from what i've read about bobby brown, he is a very talented and athletic offensive player but a terrible defender. not sure that's what the knicks need but who knows. a 3rd pg will likely not get many minutes anyway unless an injury occurs.

i'm more concerned with getting at least 1 more quality big. hopefully kmart.

felton / pablo / vet min
              shump / jr / hardaway
              melo / world peace (artest lol) / leslie
              bargs / amare
              chandler / kmart / tyler

that's 14 players if we sign another pg, tyler and kmart. (also assuming leslie makes the team). so leslie and tyler could be sent down to the d-league to develop and call them up if an injury occurs. still space for 1 more player too, maybe another vet big.
              PG's played a lot of minutes last season for the Knicks, Some of it do to Shumperts injury.

Felton 34 mpg 68 GP 68 Starts 2313 minutes

Pablo 16 mpg 78 GP 18 Starts 1263 minutes

Kidd 27 mpg 76 GP 48 Starts 2043 minutes

Point guard minutes available 3936 82 games X 48 min

Knicks PG minutes played 5619 134 Starts

What bothers me looking at this is u would think with 2 PG's on the floor u would get a lot more ball movement, however even with logging all those 2 point guard alignments the Knicks were dead last in assists per game.Will the ball movement get worse? I would say Yes. If u replace a PG Kidd with a player like Bargs who doesnt pass the assists should drop more, Will it hurt the overall offense maybe ,maybe not, The Knicks still could field 3 of the most individually skilled players in the NBA getting their own shot off. I suspect the offense to be more stagnant but not any less effective.

Part of me wants the Knicks to go after Nate Robinson. I think some of the things he does is exactly what the Knicks could use.A small quick guard who can play match ups against quicker guards. Can provide a back up 6th man option to a streaky JR Smith and also insurance if he isnt healthy. Im not sure Nate would like a role like that.I think he ideally wants to be a 6th man, if thats not possible a straight guaranteed back up job is next.I wouldnt want to use him like that. I would like to split the back up PG duties.
              I also believe 100% we can get a pick plus a small trade exemption for him later in the season if JR is healthy.

The other part of me shudders at the thought of him being on the court with JR,Melo, and Bargs.Trying to get Bargs Melo and JR to work will I think is already a huge challenge. There arent enough balls in shoot around for those 4 let alone playing them together. Woodson would have to juggle minutes to make it work, not sure if it can

Comment

• FREE Bobby Brown!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  PG's played a lot of minutes last season for the Knicks, Some of it do to Shumperts injury.

Felton 34 mpg 68 GP 68 Starts 2313 minutes

Pablo 16 mpg 78 GP 18 Starts 1263 minutes

Kidd 27 mpg 76 GP 48 Starts 2043 minutes

Point guard minutes available 3936 82 games X 48 min

Knicks PG minutes played 5619 134 Starts

What bothers me looking at this is u would think with 2 PG's on the floor u would get a lot more ball movement, however even with logging all those 2 point guard alignments the Knicks were dead last in assists per game.Will the ball movement get worse? I would say Yes. If u replace a PG Kidd with a player like Bargs who doesnt pass the assists should drop more, Will it hurt the overall offense maybe ,maybe not, The Knicks still could field 3 of the most individually skilled players in the NBA getting their own shot off. I suspect the offense to be more stagnant but not any less effective.

Part of me wants the Knicks to go after Nate Robinson. I think some of the things he does is exactly what the Knicks could use.A small quick guard who can play match ups against quicker guards. Can provide a back up 6th man option to a streaky JR Smith and also insurance if he isnt healthy. Im not sure Nate would like a role like that.I think he ideally wants to be a 6th man, if thats not possible a straight guaranteed back up job is next.I wouldnt want to use him like that. I would like to split the back up PG duties.
                  I also believe 100% we can get a pick plus a small trade exemption for him later in the season if JR is healthy.

The other part of me shudders at the thought of him being on the court with JR,Melo, and Bargs.Trying to get Bargs Melo and JR to work will I think is already a huge challenge. There arent enough balls in shoot around for those 4 let alone playing them together. Woodson would have to juggle minutes to make it work, not sure if it can
                  can't really count kidd as a pg, he played 2 guard for us both in position and his role when he was out there, other than when felton was hurt.

i think a lot of the low assist numbers were due to the slow pace the knicks played at combined with the iso heavy offense. felton isn't really a great distributing pg... he has tunnel vision on the pick n roll, either he shoots it or lobs to tyson. teams took away the lob as the year went along which led to felton chucking or pulling out of the play and deferring to melo. i hope the ball movement is better this season. it's really amazing when you consider how efficient and effective the knicks offense was, despite not getting many easy buckets (other than the occasional lob to tyson)

Comment

• tyler is a beast. sign this dude before someone else does.

leslie looks very good today too
                    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 07-19-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• i think the knicks might sign murray from the summer league team for the 3rd pg spot. he's a solid defender with great size for the position. i'd prefer a defender like him over a guy like bobby brown that is strictly a scorer.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                        i think the knicks might sign murray from the summer league team for the 3rd pg spot. he's a solid defender with great size for the position. i'd prefer a defender like him over a guy like bobby brown that is strictly a scorer.
                        I was impressed with Murray. He can play. Not sure if he is a PG in the NBA though. He is more of a combo guard. If he can stay in front of NBA quickest guards then id say sign him. Its 1 of the bigger holes I see on the team.Knicks are going to have a lot of trouble signing a vet PG with Pablo on the roster
                        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-20-2013, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          Leslie is a very lazy player its why a player of his physical ceiling goes undrafted.Its all over his college games, ,because of his length he doesnt put any real effort on defense . If Hardaway had Leslies length he would be a great defender because he works. His physical size just isnt very good. On offense Leslie does a lot of standing around. He doesnt have a high basketball IQ either.
                          Dont take it from me though if u disagree watch his Full Games on Youtube you will see it. Rarely do the negatives on Scouting reports show up so easily like they do with him.
                          I still love the signing and think it was a great move. U dont get players with this type of moldable ability as a FA very often. Knicks must of done a great job being able to beat out the other teams who im sure were wiling to risk nothing to have him

Look at this from an AAU Basketball board

Leslie is a cancer and will wreck your program. He has already changed AAU teams 4x's this year and was supposed to be going to Word of God. I watched him play this past year during the Holly Springs season and at the Carolina Challenge. He is a good talent, but extremely lazy. He is a bad seed and just the type of player Sidney would want hanging out with his son. Good luck!

CJ and his family are all about the money!!! That's why they keep changing AAU teams. Cj has a long way to go and has no desire to improve his game; lazy is just the tip of the problem for CJ. To bad his parents are looking for a free ride. CJ and fam just got D-One... Who will The "Leslie's" get next?????? Watch out

NBADraft.net Most of his problems stem from a lack of focus and motivation on the court Questionable motor on both ends of the floor Scouts have major reservations about his basketball IQ / attitude / negative body language ..

He might be better off in the D league then on the Knicks roster.. That kid needs to have his dream put in jeopardy maybe he will work harder.
                          You don't think going undrafted with his potential and having to fight for a camp invite is career jeopardy? Uhh, ok..lol

The bottom line is no matter what you read about CJ Leslie, hes only a kid, and a talented one, and one you don't normally find on the Undrafted market. Obviously worth the gamble. Obviously he has serious red flags(laziness), hence why he went undrafted to begin with.

Did anyone think we were getting Lebron James as a undrafted free agent or something??lol The kids just a talented player that hopefully gets it now, or soon enough.

Comment

• i hope we can keep kmart... the idea of a bench frontcourt of artest, kmart and stat is very appealing.

ray / shump / melo / bargs / tyson

pablo / jr / artest / kmart / stat

that is a very deep, talented team right there. then you add in the rookies hardaway and leslie... maybe sign tyler as an insurance big... i'd be ready to go to war with this squad against anybody.

Comment

• highlights from tyler's last game in summer league. i think he's worth signing to a 2 year deal (team option for 2nd year)

not sure if he would accept a deal like that though... we'll see what happens. as of now he has a camp invite, which is just an non guaranteed contract i think.

http://youtu.be/J1uUnMy3weM

Comment

• Tyler got game.. He'll make the team

Comment

Working...
                                X