Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    i hope we can keep kmart... the idea of a bench frontcourt of artest, kmart and stat is very appealing.

    ray / shump / melo / bargs / tyson

    pablo / jr / artest / kmart / stat


    that is a very deep, talented team right there. then you add in the rookies hardaway and leslie... maybe sign tyler as an insurance big... i'd be ready to go to war with this squad against anybody.
    I don't think this team will have a tough time scoring in the postseason. I really don't. To many guys that can have big games on any given night to stop em all.. Adding Bargs, Artest, and hardaway is about as good a offseason as i could of anticipated. Also, bringing back Prig and JR Smith as well.

    Comment


    • NYC, you have any opinion on tyler? i think he'd be a solid insurance big. maybe have him down in the d-league to continue developing and call him up if someone gets hurt. i hope we can bring back kmart but if not sign a guy like ivan johnson.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
        NYC, you have any opinion on tyler? i think he'd be a solid insurance big. maybe have him down in the d-league to continue developing and call him up if someone gets hurt. i hope we can bring back kmart but if not sign a guy like ivan johnson.
        I remember hering about his upside when he came out, but haven't watched a ton of summer league action, unfortunetly, which i normally would do. So, i haven't got to follow him as close as i'd like. I've been reading ur stuff about him, to be honest.

        I'm intrigued. I can't wait to see Timmy Hardaway in the blue and orange!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
          highlights from tyler's last game in summer league. i think he's worth signing to a 2 year deal (team option for 2nd year)

          not sure if he would accept a deal like that though... we'll see what happens. as of now he has a camp invite, which is just an non guaranteed contract i think.


          http://youtu.be/J1uUnMy3weM
          U guys know Tyler was a crazy HS prospect, some people thought he would go number 1.He reminds me some of Andre Drummond,.Im all for the knicks using the remaining Roster spots on young players.Hopefully 1 or 2 turn into legitimate rotation players. Im downloading the Clip game, going to do a cut up of Tyler. I really hope the Knicks make it a priority to include 2nd year team options. I really dont want to have these guys blow up then lose them next season.

          Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-21-2013, 01:32 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            I remember hering about his upside when he came out, but haven't watched a ton of summer league action, unfortunetly, which i normally would do. So, i haven't got to follow him as close as i'd like. I've been reading ur stuff about him, to be honest.

            I'm intrigued. I can't wait to see Timmy Hardaway in the blue and orange!
            Im pretty sure u can watch full summer league rewinds on NBA.net. Im going to do some cuts. Probably 1 of each guy.


            Jeremy Tyler - this was the combine. Tyler's 7'5 wingspan was the longest of anyone in the group. However he weighed the heaviest of anyone in the group at 262.4lbs, and had the second highest body fat at 13.4%. Granted Tyler has been back since the earthquake happened, but apparently he wasn't eating exclusively sushi while in Japan. 9' 2" Standing Reach

            Jeremy Tyler, a 6-foot-11 high school junior whom some consider the best American big man since Greg Oden, says he will be taking a new path to the N.B.A. He has left San Diego High School and said this week that he would skip his senior year to play professionally in Japan.
            Tyler, 17, would become the first United States-born player to leave high school early to play professionally overseas. He is expected to return in two years, when he is projected to be a top pick, if not the No. 1 pick, in the 2011 N.B.A. draft.
            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 07-21-2013, 01:08 PM.

            Comment


            • i remember the year he got drafted i heard the story about him being a big time HS prospect and then he dropped out to play overseas. i think if he stayed in school and went to college for a year he'd have been a first rounder.

              i think his biggest problem was immaturity and a sense of entitlement. maybe now that he's been cut and played in the D-league he got a wake up call and realized he needs to grind and put the work in to make it in the NBA. he's still only 22 i think. i was excited when i first heard he was on the summer league team.

              i was reading that there are new rules starting this year with D-league call ups. you can do it as many times as you want or something like that. so if we sign him to an NBA contract and have him as our 3rd big, we can stash him in the D-league to develop and then call him up if someone gets hurt or if he's doing so well we want to bring him up and give him some minutes.

              i thought that jennings guy on our team looked pretty polished offensively too. not sure if we gave him a camp invite or not.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                i remember the year he got drafted i heard the story about him being a big time HS prospect and then he dropped out to play overseas. i think if he stayed in school and went to college for a year he'd have been a first rounder.

                i think his biggest problem was immaturity and a sense of entitlement. maybe now that he's been cut and played in the D-league he got a wake up call and realized he needs to grind and put the work in to make it in the NBA. he's still only 22 i think. i was excited when i first heard he was on the summer league team.

                i was reading that there are new rules starting this year with D-league call ups. you can do it as many times as you want or something like that. so if we sign him to an NBA contract and have him as our 3rd big, we can stash him in the D-league to develop and then call him up if someone gets hurt or if he's doing so well we want to bring him up and give him some minutes.

                i thought that jennings guy on our team looked pretty polished offensively too. not sure if we gave him a camp invite or not.
                I thought a lot of the players looked good. Murray and Tyler I thought stood out the most though. Tyler played some pretty awful defense in the Clippers game I cut. Physically looks impressive though I hope they can get something out of him

                Comment


                • Jeremy Tyler vs CLippers Summer League

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    I thought a lot of the players looked good. Murray and Tyler I thought stood out the most though. Tyler played some pretty awful defense in the Clippers game I cut. Physically looks impressive though I hope they can get something out of him
                    Definitely looks like a D-League prospect. Dunno if he's ready for the big leagues though. He really doesn't position himself well on the court, particularly on defense, and he got out hustled a lot of the boards. Needs to work on his footwork. Both of his post move highlights he traveled big time and they wont let him get away with that in the nba.

                    Curious in general who the knicks intend to pick up to be their other bigs off the bench. Hope they get Kmart back, but they still need another legit back-up center.
                    All Hail The New York Giants!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                      Definitely looks like a D-League prospect. Dunno if he's ready for the big leagues though. He really doesn't position himself well on the court, particularly on defense, and he got out hustled a lot of the boards. Needs to work on his footwork. Both of his post move highlights he traveled big time and they wont let him get away with that in the nba.

                      Curious in general who the knicks intend to pick up to be their other bigs off the bench. Hope they get Kmart back, but they still need another legit back-up center.
                      if anything the refs let players get away with even more obvious traveling in the nba lol

                      Comment


                      • The Knicks and Kenyon Martin reached agreement on a contract Wednesday, according to his agent.
                        The Knicks' interest in retaining Martin wasn't a secret. The veteran forward was a steal after the Knicks signed him during the season. Martin's defense and rebounding helped hold the frontcourt together while the Knicks dealt with injuries to Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler. Martin won't impact any fantasy formats this season, but he will be a solid depth player for New York.
                        Source: Al Iann***one on Twitter
                        Thank You!!...

                        Comment


                        • great offseason! add a third pg and another vet big and we're good to go.

                          i got us as a 2 to 4 seed. not sold on brooklyn at all and the bulls got rose back but lost some key role players.

                          1. heat

                          2-4. knicks, pacers, bulls (in any order, i think all will have close records)

                          5. nets

                          nets lose in the first round again haaaaa

                          Comment


                          • Kenyons back! Nice depth pickup! We got a gangster squad baby!!!lol Now its up to Chandler to find some motivation on defense and kick it into high gear, and for Amare to stay healthy, and Bargs to relax, and not worry about being the guy..


                            Ty Chandler
                            Bargs
                            Melo
                            Shump
                            Felton

                            Hardaway Jr
                            Artest
                            Jr Smith
                            Amare
                            K.Martin
                            Prigioni
                            Tyler/Leslie

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              Kenyons back! Nice depth pickup! We got a gangster squad baby!!!lol Now its up to Chandler to find some motivation on defense and kick it into high gear, and for Amare to stay healthy, and Bargs to relax, and not worry about being the guy..


                              Ty Chandler
                              Bargs
                              Melo
                              Shump
                              Felton

                              Hardaway Jr
                              Artest
                              Jr Smith
                              Amare
                              K.Martin
                              Prigioni
                              Tyler/Leslie
                              solid offseason.. this team is deep, maybe add another PG

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                                solid offseason.. this team is deep, maybe add another PG
                                Yep, a 3rd PG and a back-up center and that pretty much settles the roster. The only question after that is if the team is good enough to contend. It'll come down to a few things:

                                1. Consistent team defense: With their scoring they don't have to be the best defensive team, but if they can be a top 10 defensive team then that'll propel them.

                                2. Amare making a difference: Don't care what anyone says, Amare was supposed to be one of our "big two", and they need him to be a very good player again in order to contend. Can't win it all with Melo as the only elite player on the team.

                                3. Bargnani blending in well offensively and not being a defensive liability: You just don't know how he'll fit until they get on the court. Will be complement Melo like Copeland did but in an upgraded way? They need that to be a yes.

                                4. Chandler returns to DPOY form: He's the defensive foundation, if he crumbles again so does the house of cards.

                                5. Felton & Prigioni combine for 12 AST/game: Lots of scorers and these guys need to put them in position to get easy buckets.

                                6. Shumpert takes the next step: Need another star on the team, and he's the only candidate to step forward.

                                7. JR Smith builds for last season: Year 1 he showed promise, Year 2 he took a big step forward, year 3 he needs to put it all together for the season and playoffs.
                                All Hail The New York Giants!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X