No announcement yet.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yea that jordan hill pick was terrible. especially since it was a known he was a guy that would be decent at worst but never great. kind of a "safe" pick. all those others picked after him had so much more potential upside. i always thought and said that walsh got too much credit for clearing our cap space and in general the job he did.

i don't follow college ball but i've read that this upcoming draft class is weak. just our luck that we own our pick in a weak draft lol

we'll probably package our pick and some of our players for some old veterans haha i can see it now...

not keeping lin was something i never thought would happen but i can understand why we did it. don't know why the nba would allow a team to offer those poison pill contracts... otherwise we would have kept him and at least had a nice young backcourt of the future.

i disagree about shump never being better than a role player. it's possible that he never develops into something more but i think he has the potential to be a solid offensive player. he gets to the rim at will but struggles finishing, but he's always dropping off nice passes to our bigs. if he can improve his finishing around the rim and improve his jump shot i honestly think he can be a potential allstar caliber player one day...
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-16-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Carmelo Anthony has missed four of the past six games and is questionable to play Sunday, and one orthopedic surgeon who has not examined Anthony speculated that the New York Knicks' forward has either a partially torn meniscus or an arthritic knee.

Anthony had his knee drained in New York after the Knicks' loss to the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. Having fluid in the back of the knee is rarely found in a patient "with a 100 percent normal knee," according to the surgeon.

“It means there is something going on with the knee,” the doctor added. “The question is, where did the fluid come from? What is the source of the fluid? Something inside the knee produces that fluid, so what is going to stop the fluid from coming back.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
        Melo and Chandler would be enough if the 3rd player was Lebron James not Amare. I think Chris Paul, Melo and Chandler would be an Eastern Conference FInal team. Would u guys be opposed trying to trade for Howard this Summer.

The Jordan Hill pick still pisses me off so much. had we drafted Holiday,Jennings or even Derozan who I liked better then Hill we wouldnt of had to package 2 picks just to unload Jeffries contract.
        Ya, Lebron woulden't be letting no lazy play go down, thats for sure.. That dude is a straight leader, and plays like a possessed animal.. I gotta admit, i grew to respect Lebron James alot after having guys like Amare and Melo on the team...

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
          Carmelo Anthony has missed four of the past six games and is questionable to play Sunday, and one orthopedic surgeon who has not examined Anthony speculated that the New York Knicks' forward has either a partially torn meniscus or an arthritic knee.

Anthony had his knee drained in New York after the Knicks' loss to the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. Having fluid in the back of the knee is rarely found in a patient "with a 100 percent normal knee," according to the surgeon.

“It means there is something going on with the knee,” the doctor added. “The question is, where did the fluid come from? What is the source of the fluid? Something inside the knee produces that fluid, so what is going to stop the fluid from coming back.”
          I know he is hurt. Thats why I couldnt believe they let him play against Denver. 1 other thing im not a doctor but even I know if a guy has swelling in the knee u dont fly him to NY for treatment then fly him back to the West coast to maybe play in 2 more games.
          The Knicks season is hanging by a the tendon in Melos knee. At this point u forget about the seedings and concentrate on his health. U tear his knee up completely u destroy next season , u destroy trade value, everything. 18-5 was great but forcing him out there is the dumbest move this franchise can possibly
          make which means they will do it. I was looking at the schedule today the Nets have an 8 game road trip coming up with 6 western games Knicks will be able to make up ground but they will need Melo to do it. The Knicks have to understand they are risking their franchise for 1 extra home playoff game u know how stupid that is

Comment

• felton is easily the worst starting pg in the league.

Comment

• J.R. Smith is just way too erratic. He needs to stop his street ball play.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• our record would be so much better if we signed delonte west and kmart from the start instead of relying on all these old guys that are never healthy. felton is so horrible. he literally has zero vision or bball iq. just like last time he was on the knicks he starts the year strong and then free falls into pure and utter garbage. what are his assist numbers over the past couple months? there are forwards and big men that average more assists than him. dude is trash. a scoring pg that can't score. get him off my team.

we have by far the worst back court of any playoff team.

Comment

• Knicks are the 3rd seed but the lead over the 7th seed Celtics is down to s 2.5 games

Comment

• ...fading, fading, fading.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

• JR Smith is a goon.. I would never want to play with that guy.. It seems if there was ever a guy that needed 4yrs of college, it was him.. He just does some moronic things, that are hard to look past.. Sure, he gets hot some times, but man he takes shots and does just such stupid things its hard to deal with... 18-5 seems like such a long time ago...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        Knicks are the 3rd seed but the lead over the 7th seed Celtics is down to s 2.5 games
                        Its good though, because at least as a 7th seed, we'll expect to lose in RD1, as opposed to losing as the 3rd seed, whcih we clearly have not been in forever... This has been anything but a 2nd seed for months now...

Comment

• great win tonight. j*** are a really good home team.

no melo, no chandler, no amare... happy we got a win.

to the doomers and gloomers... we're not falling to the 7th seed lol. we'll have home court in the first round.

edit: j.a.z.z. lol @ the censor.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                            great win tonight. j*** are a really good home team.no melo, no chandler, no amare... happy we got a win.to the doomers and gloomers... we're not falling to the 7th seed lol. we'll have home court in the first round.edit: j.a.z.z. lol @ the censor.
                            bout time they got a win. Hopefully it helps their mindset.. Now get a home win over Orlando.
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• You may be right about home court in first round. However they will still need to win at least once on the Road in that series
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• we're not a bad road team. we struggled on this west coast trip without our best player. we technically don't have to win on the road if you have home court advantage but it would certainly help. we're not gonna automatically win just because we're at home that's for sure.

i was looking at the nets and celtics remaining schedules and the nets is more difficult. i don't think the nets will play any better than .500 the rest of the way. im sure the negative people on here don't care about it but i would be very happy if we won the division for the first time in almost 20 years.
                                Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-19-2013, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X