NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I know he said they are 14 games over .500 but they started 18-5 13 games over. They were a 2 seed for 1/3 and and an 8 seed for 2/3 so far
    Exactly.. The only team i see us beating in the first rd other then whoever the 8seed is, is the Atlanta Hawks.. I just feel we match up well with them and have there number to a degree.. I don't see us beating the Bulls, Pacers, or Celtics, let alone the Hseat.. I think we might be able to beat the Nets, becaue there a underacieving gutless team as well.. Deron Williams falls into the Melo category, as he just seems to lack the nessecary fire and desire night in and night out to get a title, as thats what it takes...

Ur also right about the future not beingr promising.. Melo's injuries have to be taking a toal on his body, and Amares shot, and Ty Chandler is in his 30's and his physical style of play could be taking a toal, and Shump is good defensively, but leaves something to be desired offensivley, and Felton is not signed longterm and his career has been mostly peaks and valleys, or ups and downs, so who knows going forward what Felton will be..

Comment

• we lost 4 in a row and never lost the 3rd seed yet you guys are so confident in mediocre teams below us. it's really mind boggling.

do you guys even watch basketball other than the knicks? what makes you so confident in teams that have been mediocre all year?

could the knicks possibly lose in the first round? of course. we could also potentially beat anyone in the east other than miami.

the celtics get blown the fuk out by the bobcats and then just lost to the hornets... but yea you guys think they're great. i really don't know what to say other than it's clear you don't have any faith in this knicks team. my advice is stop watching. either that or just stop whining and wishing on our downfall. it's really disgusting. just like giants fans that predict we won't make the playoffs before the year even starts because we lost a couple players.

the thing that really bothers me is this is the best knicks team in years! yet you guys don't appreciate it whatsoever. instead you cry about our impeding downfall and how we'll never win. newsflash... nobody in the east is winning anytime soon other than miami unless wade blows his knee out or something.

"we've been a .500 team since the 18-5 start" uhh pretty much everyone in the east has been playing around .500 ball all year other than miami and indiana. we barely lost to the pacers on the road without melo and you guys think they're unbeatable too?

if you guys don't like the team, and have no faith in them... stop watching. it's really that simple.

i personally would LOVE to face the garbage celtics in the first round. you guys are scared of a mediocre team, it's hilarious. the bulls would be tough because of their solid D and great rebounding but they are very beatable too. like i said every team in the east other than miami is beatable. i guarantee you that coaches and players on the other playoff teams in the east want no part of facing us in the first round. we're built for the playoffs.
      Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
        we lost 4 in a row and never lost the 3rd seed yet you guys are so confident in mediocre teams below us. it's really mind boggling.

do you guys even watch basketball other than the knicks? what makes you so confident in teams that have been mediocre all year?

could the knicks possibly lose in the first round? of course. we could also potentially beat anyone in the east other than miami.

the celtics get blown the fuk out by the bobcats and then just lost to the hornets... but yea you guys think they're great. i really don't know what to say other than it's clear you don't have any faith in this knicks team. my advice is stop watching. either that or just stop whining and wishing on our downfall. it's really disgusting. just like giants fans that predict we won't make the playoffs before the year even starts because we lost a couple players.

the thing that really bothers me is this is the best knicks team in years! yet you guys don't appreciate it whatsoever. instead you cry about our impeding downfall and how we'll never win. newsflash... nobody in the east is winning anytime soon other than miami unless wade blows his knee out or something.

"we've been a .500 team since the 18-5 start" uhh pretty much everyone in the east has been playing around .500 ball all year other than miami and indiana. we barely lost to the pacers on the road without melo and you guys think they're unbeatable too?

if you guys don't like the team, and have no faith in them... stop watching. it's really that simple.

i personally would LOVE to face the garbage celtics in the first round. you guys are scared of a mediocre team, it's hilarious. the bulls would be tough because of their solid D and great rebounding but they are very beatable too. like i said every team in the east other than miami is beatable. i guarantee you that coaches and players on the other playoff teams in the east want no part of facing us in the first round. we're built for the playoffs.
        With a full roster they are built for the playoffs.

Comment

• 0bulls getting blown the fuk out at home by portland... but they're the big bad bulls right lol

nobody scares me in the east other than miami. indiana is tough but they can be beat.

the nets actually look legit because d-will is playing great ball as of late and they're deep.
          Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-21-2013, 09:50 PM.

Comment

0bulls getting blown the fuk out at home by portland... but they're the big bad bulls right lol

nobody scares me in the east other than miami. indiana is tough but they can be beat.

the nets actually look legit because d-will is playing great ball as of late and they're deep.
            Its 50/50 any team the Knicks play in the playoffs. i dont see much difference between any of the teams besides Miami who is winning the East unless Lebron blows out his knee

Comment

• i love amare but our defense is better off without him. especially the way we switch everything.

Comment

i love amare but our defense is better off without him. especially the way we switch everything.
                Still could use his offense. He is a very efficient scorer .

Comment

• i swear there is always 1 scrub that goes off on us.

we missed so many free throws it's like we were trying to keep it close.

kmart is a beast

we clinched the playoffs with a win tonight. 3 years in a row we made the post season after a decade of lotto teams.

Comment

• melo fresh off getting his knee drained.. plays 43 minutes. is woodson trying to burn him out or is he just dumb? we play tomorrow and i bet he plays 40+ minutes unless we blow them out.

also pablo played very well and then gets no minutes in the 2nd half. wtf woody?

felton did come through down the stretch though.
                    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 03-22-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• How was the game? Missed it.
                      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                        Still could use his offense. He is a very efficient scorer .
                        i agree... just trying to be positive about the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          How was the game? Missed it.
                          we had a 10 point lead in the first quarter but let them go on a 7-0 run to end the quarter. our defense was great in the 2nd and we had i think a 13 point lead at half time. then that scrub alan andrson went off in the 3rd quarter... scored 18 points i think in that quarter... but they never got the lead. they cut the lead to 2 in the 4th but melo got hot and then felton made some nice plays and we went back up 10. down the stretch we missed a ton of free throws which made the game drag out longer than it should have.

kmart had a great game... he was like 9/10 from the field, played great defense, 11 rebounds, he played a ton of minutes.

melo started off cold... but then got hot and ended up with almost 40 points (would have been more than 40 if he made his free throws)

that alan anderson scrub lit us up again lol. dude averages 10 points a game and scored a career high 30 something points. he scored 28 or something last time against us too.

my only complaints are the usual things like woodson's questionable rotations... mainly playing felton and melo too much and pablo and copeland not enough. it was a much needed win... i think we'll blow them out tomorrow. (hopefully)

Comment

we had a 10 point lead in the first quarter but let them go on a 7-0 run to end the quarter. our defense was great in the 2nd and we had i think a 13 point lead at half time. then that scrub alan andrson went off in the 3rd quarter... scored 18 points i think in that quarter... but they never got the lead. they cut the lead to 2 in the 4th but melo got hot and then felton made some nice plays and we went back up 10. down the stretch we missed a ton of free throws which made the game drag out longer than it should have.kmart had a great game... he was like 9/10 from the field, played great defense, 11 rebounds, he played a ton of minutes.melo started off cold... but then got hot and ended up with almost 40 points (would have been more than 40 if he made his free throws)that alan anderson scrub lit us up again lol. dude averages 10 points a game and scored a career high 30 something points. he scored 28 or something last time against us too.my only complaints are the usual things like woodson's questionable rotations... mainly playing felton and melo too much and pablo and copeland not enough. it was a much needed win... i think we'll blow them out tomorrow. (hopefully)
                            Aah okay, still got work to do. What's up with the missed free throws? Yikes! A win is a win, however but I hope we continue to get "better".
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

i agree... just trying to be positive about the situation.
                              Again, u were right on about Kenyon Martin.. A 19pt 10reb game is pretty insane.. If he can keep up games like that, its like getting moer then u would think u would from Amare, plus defense. Maybe an xfactor? I think he'll level out some of course, but obviously hes capable...

Comment

• it's hard to say as far as the missed free throws... i expect misses from guys like kmart or our bigs but the main guys missing were melo and JR... i think breen jinxed jr because he said something like "jr is 21 for his last 23" and he missed both lol. then late in the game he missed both again when if he made both it would have iced the game.

sometimes it just works like that. melo and jr will go 5/5 some games and then some other game they'll miss a few. i don't think it's a major concern unless it starts happening more often.

i was thinking about amare's injury and woodson is gonna be in a tough position if he gets healthy right before the playoffs. does he risk putting him back in the rotation right at the start of the playoffs? maybe he'll just play him 10-15 minutes a game off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X