Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW YORK KNICKS 2012-2013 THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    Is anyone else worried about a first round matchup with Boston? I know we beat them thrice this year, but just the thought of KG getting under Melo's skin worries me
    Melo is playing way too hot right now to be worrying about what KG has to say.
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      How come more people aren't giving there kudos to the King? Bernard King gets into HOF! The king!
      salute.

      during his run I was a very young kid so i don't have "memories" of him if you understand what I mean.


      NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        He wasen't having a piss poor game or anything, but ya, he started to miss some in the 4th, before making those huge ones down the stretch.. I watched every second of the game, and it was a nice mixture of scoring by everyone for awhile, and JR was like 3-8 or something to start, which isn't horrible... Melo started bad as well, like 2-7 or something, but guys like KIDD, Prigioni, Felton, Copeland, and Novak stepped up in that first half, and really shouldered the load...
        I think he was at 5-16 before those 2 jumpers

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Oh, i thought u meant we didn't get any front court production, u mean with no regular front court players??lol My bad! Cope and Chandler stepped up for us, and we tore up the offensive rebounds, and are guards rebounded well also.. There was a ton of guys getting 2offensive rebounds in a row and then putting it up and in, which Felton did himself once... All around great performance..

          Chris Copeland and J.Kidd were MVP of 1st half, and MELO was MVP of 2nd half, and we had a ton of solid games besides that...
          They have pushed through. I expected a lot more from Marcus Camby this season. Maybe ha can still give them some playoff minutes

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            They have pushed through. I expected a lot more from Marcus Camby this season. Maybe ha can still give them some playoff minutes
            U did? I freaking thought Camby was the best off season signing as far as 2nd tier players go...lol I really thought we had found the equalizer for when Chandler was off the floor, and another inside pressence that could keep teams from going to the rim at will when Chandler was outta the game , and help keep teams outside shooting, while also another guy who is a tremendous rebounder, who can help on the offensive glass...

            My expectations for Camby were through the roof! Albeit, i loved the kidd signing and raved about Copeland during the preseason, so i wasen't wrong on everything..lol

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              I think he was at 5-16 before those 2 jumpers
              Ya, he missed a few during Ok Citys comeback, which is how they came back so quickly, as he missed like 3 shots in a few min span in the early 4th.. At one point he was like 5-13 before that which isn't to bad...

              Comment


              • i feel like a big reason for the knicks resurgence other than the obvious which is melo being healthy and playing like an mvp, is that woodson opened up the rotation. there was a good chunk of the season where pablo got very few minutes and copeland would often not play at all. the injuries forced his hand to play the bench more and as they produced he began to trust them more. for most of the season i felt like he was playing a lot of guys too many minutes.

                i found this pablo highlight that i know NYC will love

                http://youtu.be/bS01aJPeOUU

                Comment


                • ^^ great video, love me some Pablo..

                  Comment


                  • Im getting upset now. They better not insult the guy. Come out and offer him the max they can.Dont let him shop around if possible

                    First off, it's important to note his salary situation. Because Smith has Early Bird Rights, the Knicks can pay him up to 175 percent of this season's salary, which is $2.8 million. That means the Knicks could offer him a contract for next season at about $5 million, and the agreement could be up to four years with standard raises.

                    However, another team with significant cap space can offer Smith a higher amount than $5.5 million, and the Knicks would be powerless to stop him from leaving. And since he's not restricted, meaning the Knicks have no control over his free agency, they won't be able to match any offer sheets to retain him.
                    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-08-2013, 06:21 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                      Im getting upset now. They better not insult the guy. Come out and offer him the max they can.Dont let him shop around if possible

                      First off, it's important to note his salary situation. Because Smith has Early Bird Rights, the Knicks can pay him up to 175 percent of this season's salary, which is $2.8 million. That means the Knicks could offer him a contract for next season at about $5 million, and the agreement could be up to four years with standard raises.

                      However, another team with significant cap space can offer Smith a higher amount than $5.5 million, and the Knicks would be powerless to stop him from leaving. And since he's not restricted, meaning the Knicks have no control over his free agency, they won't be able to match any offer sheets to retain him.
                      not sure what you mean by insult the guy. smith will likely sign another 1 year deal with us until we have his full bird rights. why are you so concerned about an offseason issue?. JR isn't leaving the knicks. he owes a great deal of his success to woodson, his teammates and being around his family here in NY. he's not gonna leave for a little more to go to an uncertain situation on a losing team or a coach he doesn't know and teammates he isn't comfortable with.

                      even if he does end up leaving, which i highly doubt... why worry about it now?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                        i feel like a big reason for the knicks resurgence other than the obvious which is melo being healthy and playing like an mvp, is that woodson opened up the rotation. there was a good chunk of the season where pablo got very few minutes and copeland would often not play at all. the injuries forced his hand to play the bench more and as they produced he began to trust them more. for most of the season i felt like he was playing a lot of guys too many minutes.

                        i found this pablo highlight that i know NYC will love

                        http://youtu.be/bS01aJPeOUU
                        This is fantastic!!! Ya, the reason i loved are team so much during offseason and going into the yr was our depth and then Copeland came around, and i thought, wow we found something here, which only hightened my hopes.. Its the biggest reason i loved the beggining of the season, because u could see how much fun they were having with everyone getting involved and playing, which makes u try just that much harder, as ur wanting to do ur part... Prigioni is the man!

                        Comment


                        • Man, i forgot about that underhand crazy layup thing prigioni made, and then instantly stole the inbound right after and we nailed a 3 by melo! I dang near popped wood on that play..lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            Man, i forgot about that underhand crazy layup thing prigioni made, and then instantly stole the inbound right after and we nailed a 3 by melo! I dang near popped wood on that play..lol
                            Just marry the man already, lol.
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by kNicksGiants View Post
                              not sure what you mean by insult the guy. smith will likely sign another 1 year deal with us until we have his full bird rights. why are you so concerned about an offseason issue?. JR isn't leaving the knicks. he owes a great deal of his success to woodson, his teammates and being around his family here in NY. he's not gonna leave for a little more to go to an uncertain situation on a losing team or a coach he doesn't know and teammates he isn't comfortable with.

                              even if he does end up leaving, which i highly doubt... why worry about it now?
                              Because hes a JR Smith fan and this is the perfect place to talk about it, would be my guess.. Were not all like you, and just about this second and hip hip hooray stuff.. Were all longtime knicks fans that been through a trecherous 13yrs or so, and have seen it all, and want continued success.. I would never excpect to assume a guy not leave for money, as JR Smith leaving for money would simply not surprise me, even if his home was located directly next door to the garden.. I've seen guys leave all sports that people thought would never leave starting when i first started watching sports in 1990.. I started this thread to discuss all that is knicks, including the future of the team, this yr, and if u want, before this yr..

                              Trust me, i'm not trying to start a arguement, but he should be allowed to voice his worries without being questioned why.. Just like u should as well...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Just marry the man already, lol.
                                If i didn't love woman so much, trust me, Prigioni would be on my short list..lol j/k! ..lol

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X