Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Brees 0TDs 5INTs tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by byron View Post
    well at least two of them went for td's last week....
    Lol Eli couldn't even do that. What a scrub.

    Comment


    • #17
      I hope he plays that bad when we face them

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Martyr View Post
        Phil Simms: "No, Drew is not one of the elites"
        ......actually very good just not one of the greatest...lol


        edit : you edited man....lol
        Last edited by byron; 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
          Yep, until the Giants actually beat NO, then I'll believe that we can beat NO. NO has our #, so I'm putting much stock in Brees's INTs against another team.
          In a way I was kind of hoping the Saints won tonight. I mean, I definitely do not want them in the play-offs, but by the same token, I don't like teams going up against us on a losing streak and feeling backed into a corner.

          Comment


          • #20
            Better they lost tonight & with a few more teams ahead of them winning this coming Sunday, maybe they are out of the chase & come into our game less motivated to win.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ebick View Post
              In a way I was kind of hoping the Saints won tonight. I mean, I definitely do not want them in the play-offs, but by the same token, I don't like teams going up against us on a losing streak and feeling backed into a corner.
              I hear that...But at least hey, if we lose this Monday we'll be backed into a corner too

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by byron View Post
                ......actually very good just not one of the greatest...lol


                edit : you edited man....lol
                lol yeah got me : )
                The Gigalo with the most below

                Comment


                • #23
                  im curious as to how brees performance is viewed by some here. this kind of performance isnt new to Brees either, he's had several games like this over his career where his ints had buried any chance at winning. now i know 95% of the time, brees is epic, but that other 5% he has some terrible stinkers....
                  also, matt ryan has had a 5 int game, and an 11/25 for 140 (or whatever his stat line was tonite) in 2 of the last 3 weeks...

                  it is my contention that even the elite qbs have bad games. i just think, as in any fan base, ur gonna have people with knee jerk reactions. i doubt we're going to see people let these pretty awful performances by brees and ryan redefine their level of play. eh i dunno i was just curious bc ive seen people literally state that "the great qbs simply do not have performances like eli has on bad days" and its just so completely untrue its ridiculous. i mean peyton manning had a 3 game stretch of like 12 ints (4x a game 3 games in a row) the final PLAYING year at Indy...maybe brady is the exception to the rule and doesnt really slump as much as have a bad game here n there, but even he has had stretches where he didnt play anywheres near his capability.

                  and performances like tonight for brees really isnt anything new, he has a game or 2 like this a season. Im curious to see if Simms discusses the "elite" issue with brees performance...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    i just find it a lil odd how it was really only giants fans who devalued eli bc of the slump. eli was leading the league in yards and was actually being dscusses as the league mvp candidate before his god awful slump. yeah it was terrible, and yeah he is prone to it, just couldnt get how it seemed as if people actually still believe eli is that qb instead of the 2011 one bc their responses def felt along the lines of "see, I told you, hes not great." i mean SKIP ****ING BAYLESS and rob parker felt simms statement held zero truth to it and that he was making the statement bc his pride, and that eli was elite bc of what he's done and what they know he will do...and thats the kings of knee jerk responses.
                    when peyton threw those 3 first quarter ints at atlanta earlier in the year, there were people so quick to write him off, so it isnt exclusive to just eli. it just seems people are quicker to forget all the great things hes done and remember the tough times when eli goes thru a slump. maybe thats justified, but claiming no great qbs slump like eli did has just been proven wrong imho.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      to be fair, 7 ints in 2 weeks is bad but one of the d's was SF. although, the 3 game slump eli had was vs dallas and pitt who are 2 of the top 3 pass d's iirc...i dunno. i know brees is tremendous and no doubt elite, but he has had issues with ints almost as badly as eli, and in some instances worse...but yeah brees leads the nfl in ints now, im curious to hear simms discuss brees, itd be awesome if someone asked him if he thought brees wasnt elite now just bc im curious to hear his opinion

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                        Even our bum hasn't thrown 5 INT's in one game. Actually 6 if not for that offsides penalty on Abraham. For everyone that harps that Eli is a pick machine....
                        - Brees is a TD machine.
                        - He has less career interceptions than career games played.
                        - He has almost half as less ints than touchdowns in his career.

                        You can't say the same for Eli.


                        “Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                          - Brees is a TD machine.
                          - He has less career interceptions than career games played.
                          - He has almost half as less ints than touchdowns in his career.

                          You can't say the same for Eli.
                          Eli has twice as many SB's as Drew. Whats your point? I can handpick stats too.


                          The point is for how much Eli is ragged on here for making dumb decisions that result in INT's, he has never thrown 5 really dumb ones in a single game.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Actually 7 dumb picks in 2 games. Brees has single handidly killed the Saints WC playoff chances the past 2 games. Funny, cuz he's the most vocal smack talker prior to the game starting. Annoys the crap outta me with his pregame chants.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Rough game for Brees, no question, but a lot of things went wrong for NO. Lance Moore dropped a TD, and NO didn't line up quick enough to clock the ball. Changed the complexion of the game, really. Not to mention Ingram dropped a TD screen, not sure if that drive resulted in a TD. Sloppy play all around, not really out of character for road teams on Thursday night. Still surprised we dominated Carolina despite everything that was seemingly going against us. Whatever, Brees has the rest of the year to pad his stats, Saints season is over. I can see us dominating them next week, we'll probably be 4.5+ point favorites.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                Rough game for Brees, no question, but a lot of things went wrong for NO. Lance Moore dropped a TD, and NO didn't line up quick enough to clock the ball. Changed the complexion of the game, really. Not to mention Ingram dropped a TD screen, not sure if that drive resulted in a TD. Sloppy play all around, not really out of character for road teams on Thursday night. Still surprised we dominated Carolina despite everything that was seemingly going against us. Whatever, Brees has the rest of the year to pad his stats, Saints season is over. I can see us dominating them next week, we'll probably be 4.5+ point favorites.
                                yeah i was rooting for them to lose BIG time bc theyd be a different monster if they had won and next week was a do or die game...now there will have to be some residual effects from fighting all that way back only to lose and have to start all over

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X